The Student Room Group

I'm an Indian Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TruthfulLad
That is simply not true, it actually means submission or surrender.

Do your research. It's embarrasing I know your faith better than you.

Islam means submission, salaam means peace. you do research
as-salamualaikum means may peace be with you. the extended version means my gods blessing and peace be with you.
you want me to continue?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by quasa
Im an Indian male who is a muslim, feel free to ask me anything (within TSR rules)

You can not be serious?
Original post by Arsenal96
You can not be serious?

why you ask ?
Original post by quasa
Islam means submission, salaam means peace. you do research

What does a random arabic word have to do with anything?
What does a random arabic word have to do with anything?

how is it random when virtually all muslims great other people with that very word.
the fact you spout random phrases from the quran kinda suggest you need to read the whole thing and gain an understanding (i havent memorised the quran but there is far more to it than violent tendancies)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by quasa
how is it random when virtually all muslims great other people with that very word

So because someone says 'salaam', it automatically means they are a nice person?
So because someone says 'salaam', it automatically means they are a nice person?

it doesnt but at the same time, does people smiling suggest they are nice? does saying to someone how are you nice? it doesnt. people choose to do and believe/interpret things in their own accord they choose to act the way they do, dress the way they do, conform to the right or wrong people and dothings which is beneficial or detrementall to themselves and others
You've memorised it all?

You must remember all the verses about killing infidels then. Let me guess...I've misinterpreted it and taken it out of context.

get glasses or grow up(also read other semetic texts and tell me what they say ? col)
India vs Pakistan or India and Pakistan united against the issues that face both?
You've memorised it all?

You must remember all the verses about killing infidels then. Let me guess...I've misinterpreted it and taken it out of context.

btw, how can daesh practice pure islam if they want to blow up the holy site in mecca. its the same as saying jewish terrorists who want to blow up Israel are pure jews
Original post by nightwing51214
India vs Pakistan or India and Pakistan united against the issues that face both?

Unity on issues. both countries are seriously ripe with corruption, a lot of women in pakistani / orthodox communties are treated like crap (no disrespect if it sounds prejudiced). the class system needs to be abolished, healthcare needs to be improved, crime needs to go down, road safety needs to be improved, people should give more to poor people rather than outright ignore but similarly, there needs to be more stuff done to improve eveything. If you want to, add bangladesh, nepal and sri lanka to the mix
(edited 8 years ago)

Because you took one definition of one word, you suddenly know more about someone who practises the faith? The arrogance is unbelievable

you are totally wrong islam comes from the root word salam which means peace and the word together islam means peace aqquired by sumitting your will to god so clearly you are totall wrong and need to get your facts right so you need to be embaressed for becuase clearly you havent done your research
Reply 33
Original post by quasa
im a pacifist, so what do you think?

Lmao
Reply 34
Im an indian muslim too, lol :biggrin:
its weird how not many people know there are more muslims in india than pakistan or any other predominantly muslim country (barring indonesia) lol.
in this country it is understandable that a lot of muslims are from pakistan (namely mirpur) and bangladesh but the lack of indian muslims is surprising

Face ****ing palm @ this lmfao
Reply 37
Original post by quasa
its weird how not many people know there are more muslims in india than pakistan or any other predominantly muslim country (barring indonesia) lol.
in this country it is understandable that a lot of muslims are from pakistan (namely mirpur) and bangladesh but the lack of indian muslims is surprising

I agree some ppl get shocked when I tell them i'm Indian. They think india doesn't have muslims.

Are you stupid? The entire world is just pin pointing at Muslims for no reason. You have no right to do so. I suggest you do your research first. (I'm not a Muslim but I don't lack common sense)
Original post by sabana
I agree some ppl get shocked when I tell them i'm Indian. They think india doesn't have muslims.

a lot of people, including my indian friends who arent muslim, when I introduce(d) myself as being indian think a) Im a hindu but cannot be muslim because I am indian; or b) I am sikh because sikhism intiially started out with people converting from hindu and muslim communities.

Quick Reply

Latest