The Student Room Group

Blood in urine after sex

Seeing blood after sexual intercourse and usually brighter than period blood and when pooping it shows up more. It's becoming a regular thing each time and not sure what it could be. Sometimes there's itching but it goes away, however, the blood is there and usually shows when I pee. And it's not my period.
Not sure if it's something to do with my implant because it's been happening since then.
Reply 1
Go to your doctor about it. It could be something serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had this but not due to sex, it's called haematuria it could be a uti or something you best go to the doctor

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/blood-in-urine/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Blood after sex is never good - it could be due to birth control.

If you can see that it's definitely from your urine, then it sounds like a UTI - go to your Dr before it spreads to your kidneys.

Blood in your poo isn't a good sign - it may just be a tear around the anus though.

Go to your Dr. embarrassing, but worth it.
Reply 4
Original post by Findlay6
Blood after sex is never good - it could be due to birth control.

If you can see that it's definitely from your urine, then it sounds like a UTI - go to your Dr before it spreads to your kidneys.

Blood in your poo isn't a good sign - it may just be a tear around the anus though.

Go to your Dr. embarrassing, but worth it.

recently i've checked that it's probably from the birth control because it's in between a period and discharge . And it's not from my urine. It's either from the vagina or anus
Original post by Anonymous
recently i've checked that it's probably from the birth control because it's in between a period and discharge . And it's not from my urine. It's either from the vagina or anus

When I went for my smear test they said that my birth control was making my cervix lining thin which was why I was spotting so much.
Still go and check - mine was my bc, yours may not be.
Reply 6
Original post by Findlay6
When I went for my smear test they said that my birth control was making my cervix lining thin which was why I was spotting so much.
Still go and check - mine was my bc, yours may not be.

Fair enough, thanks , I'll just have to wait for my appointment . I'll keep this in mind because this all started after getting the implant. But then again, you're right about other factors coming to play.

Quick Reply

Latest