The Student Room Group

#CleanForTheQueen

Many of you may have noticed this trending on Twitter. MPs and members of the public alike have been out cleaning the streets today, not for the community or for the sake of being clean, but for the Queen.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/27/gove-and-johnson-strike-a-pose-in-clean-for-the-queen-campaign

Here is a splendid picture of a notable politican doing his bit

IMG_20160227_190121.jpg

How jolly it must be for one to have their subjects clean the streets for oneself

Scroll to see replies

Cleaning the streets is great but

How about cleaning up the rubbish in parliament
Original post by Student403
Cleaning the streets is great but

How about cleaning up the rubbish in parliament

One must not clean out their supporters
One must stay in power :yes:
Original post by Serine Soul
One must not clean out their supporters
One must stay in power :yes:

Such is life
I take it Chirs Morris and Armando Iannucci were behind this, right?
Original post by Student403
Such is life

Indeed

laugh_1635460e.jpg
Original post by Quantex
I take it Chirs Morris and Armando Iannucci were behind this, right?

Hmph, it is a genuine campaign

http://www.cleanforthequeen.co.uk/home/2365
Many of you may have noticed this trending on Twitter. MPs and members of the public alike have been out cleaning the streets today, not for the community or for the sake of being clean, but for the Queen.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/27/gove-and-johnson-strike-a-pose-in-clean-for-the-queen-campaign

IMG_20160227_190121.jpg

How jolly it must be for one to have their subjects clean the streets for oneself

Well given a lot of places in Britain are holes in terms of dirt and litter, cleaning the streets 'for the community or for the sake of being clean' obviously isn't working, so they are trying a different tactic.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Well given a lot of places in Britain are holes in terms of dirt and litter, cleaning the streets 'for the community or for the sake of being clean' obviously isn't working, so they are trying a different tactic.

Do you think this a clever tactic?
Do you think this a clever tactic?

It's better than nothing. It doesn't seem like this is aimed at getting ordinary people to be more clean, but community projects with schools, employers, etc. At the end of the day, the Queen is extremely popular so why not use her as a 'brand' for this? As I said, just saying 'make our communities clean' obviously hasn't worked that well.

Having read comments on articles it seems like this is receiving a cynical backlash from republicans. It's a positive, good-willed campaign but because it involves the Queen it receives scorn.
You peons and plebs had better get cleaning.
Original post by thunder_chunky
You peons and plebs had better get cleaning.

Nice new avatar TC I'm keen.
Yuck.
:toofunny:
It exists because it rhymes.
Reply 15

IMG_20160227_190121.jpg

What has the queen ever done for me...
Reply 16
Tbh i'd hate to be from the royal family. You wont have any true power over people like the old days, you'd be a figure head for a country nothing much.
I have no idea who that politician is... :s-smilie:
Original post by Guls
What has the queen ever done for me...

Sponged off your taxes? :dontknow:

Original post by Guls
Tbh i'd hate to be from the royal family. You wont have any true power over people like the old days, you'd be a figure head for a country nothing much.

They're just a bunch of no use celebrities tbf
Original post by homeland.lsw
I have no idea who that politician is... :s-smilie:

Michael Gove :lol:
Original post by lgnoranceIsBliss
It exists because it rhymes.

Why not #CleanForMrBean then? :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending