The Student Room Group

AS- french vocab !!

hey guys im doing AS-French and I have my French oral exam this month nd I haven't gotten round to learning vocab for all the topics and our teacher are making us have a lot of vocab tests so ive been using quizlet to learn vocab for each topic so I though id share it with you guys
https://quizlet.com/Josna_Jose/folders/french
I haven't done vocab for all the topics( in doing WEJC)
but remember to not just learn ever single word trust me !! pick out the ones u think are really important and ones u think u'd use u can "star" it to make a separate list.
try to learn no more that 20 words for each topic so that u can learn them well and ull actually remember them !!
good luck to anyone that have orals coming up !
im in denial and have been putting all prep for this exam off but this method really does help!!
hope u guys find this useful in any way if u like it pls comment

links for specific topics:
entertainment, sports and hobbies
https://quizlet.com/125344597/wjec-as-french-entertainment-sports-hobbies-flash-cards/

customs and traditions:
https://quizlet.com/124049358/wjec-as-french-customs-and-traditions-vocab-flash-cards/

travel and tourism:
https://quizlet.com/124048297/travel-and-tourism-as-french-vocab-flash-cards/

diet:
https://quizlet.com/119732373/diet-vocabulary-flash-cards/

drugs, alcohol, smoking:
https://quizlet.com/119730926/wjec-as-french-drugs-alcohol-smoking-flash-cards/

sports:
https://quizlet.com/119730317/wjec-as-french-sport-flash-cards/

theatre, music, literature:
https://quizlet.com/119728585/theatre-music-literature-vocab-flash-cards/

communication technology:
https://quizlet.com/119727755/communication-technology-vocab-flash-cards/

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exotic-L
hey guys im doing AS-French and I have my French oral exam this month nd I haven't gotten round to learning vocab for all the topics and our teacher are making us have a lot of vocab tests so ive been using quizlet to learn vocab for each topic so I though id share it with you guys
https://quizlet.com/Josna_Jose/folders/french
I haven't done vocab for all the topics( in doing WEJC)
but remember to not just learn ever single word trust me !! pick out the ones u think are really important and ones u think u'd use u can "star" it to make a separate list.
try to learn no more that 20 words for each topic so that u can learn them well and ull actually remember them !!
good luck to anyone that have orals coming up !
im in denial and have been putting all prep for this exam off but this method really does help!!
hope u guys find this useful in any way if u like it pls comment

If someone needs help in french , don't hesitate to contact me :smile: (I'm french)
Reply 2
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
If someone needs help in french , don't hesitate to contact me :smile: (I'm french)

hey, thanks !:smile: I see you a lot on tsr hehe
hey, thanks !:smile: I see you a lot on tsr hehe

Stalker :lol: (just kidding :P)
Yeah that's because I'm already cursed, I'm addicted ! Run before it's too late ! :lol:
Reply 4
Stalker :lol: (just kidding :P)
Yeah that's because I'm already cursed, I'm addicted ! Run before it's too late ! :lol:

haha ur too late ! I've already started falling into the trap :grin:
haha ur too late ! I've already started falling into the trap :grin:

I think the guy who created TSR is just a huge Monster who particularerly enjoys eating students souls .. :O !
Reply 6
I think the guy who created TSR is just a huge Monster who particularerly enjoys eating students souls .. :O !

haha I can see where ur coming from lol !!
its made to help us (which it does) buh its the biggest hole to fall into when u want to procrastinate like mad
haha I can see where ur coming from lol !!
its made to help us (which it does) buh its the biggest hole to fall into when u want to procrastinate like mad

:lol:

Indeed :cry2: but it's a good thing anyway, I can practise my english everyday and that's awesome :biggrin:
Reply 8

I have a question!!:biggrin: on my vocab list for drugs/smoking and alcohol, "avoir/former une dépendance à" means "to be/become addicted to" how can I break it into "to be addicted to " and "become addicted to"?
should I just say "avoir une dépendane à" and "former une dépendance à" im not sure if the second one will change
Reply 9
:lol:

Indeed :cry2: but it's a good thing anyway, I can practise my english everyday and that's awesome :biggrin:

ur learning eng? wow ur eng is amazing !!
I have a question!!:biggrin: on my vocab list for drugs/smoking and alcohol, "avoir/former une dépendance à" means "to be/become addicted to" how can I break it into "to be addicted to " and "become addicted to"?
should I just say "avoir une dépendane à" and "former une dépendance à" im not sure if the second one will change

Litteraly :
To be addicted to : être dépendant de
Become addicted to : devenir dépendant de

"Avoir une dépendance à" et "former une dépendance à" are both correct anyway ^^
ur learning eng? wow ur eng is amazing !!

Really ? Thank youuuu :biggrin: !

I learned it at school but that was not enough (only 1h per week ..) so I kinda learned by myself, by seeing my movies in original version, and reading my books in english :smile:
Reply 12
Really ? Thank youuuu :biggrin: !

I learned it at school but that was not enough (only 1h per week ..) so I kinda learned by myself, by seeing my movies in original version, and reading my books in english :smile:

omg really ?! that's amazing! ur gonna be my inspiration for learning languages now lol! so do u live in france rn? u have soo much dedication!!!

haha ur making me freakout ur English is probably better than mine !

give me some tips for French lol I need to do a lot of work to improve
any recommendations for books and movies as well?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Litteraly :
To be addicted to : être dépendant de
Become addicted to : devenir dépendant de

"Avoir une dépendance à" et "former une dépendance à" are both correct anyway ^^

merci beaucoup!!:h:
omg really ?! that's amazing! ur gonna be my inspiration for learning languages now lol! so do u live in france rn?

give me some tips for French lol I need to do a lot of work to improve
any recommendations for books and movies as well?

Anw that's sweet :3 I like to learn new languages ^^ I speak french, english, arabic fluently. I can understand a bit of german (but barely speak it, I don't have the opportunity to practise tho : S) and I'll start learn Czech next year :smile:

Yep I live in Paris ^^

Honestly take the movies/book you like, and just settle the movies in french and buy the books in french version ^^ because except the classic french litterature Idk contemporary books in french lol (I have an english obssession since I'm little) and the french movies are kinda bad :lol: oh no ! Intouchables !! He's amazing, did you see him ?

merci beaucoup!!:h:

De rien :smile:
Reply 15
Anw that's sweet :3 I like to learn new languages ^^ I speak french, english, arabic fluently. I can understand a bit of german (but barely speak it, I don't have the opportunity to practise tho : S) and I'll start learn Czech next year :smile:

Yep I live in Paris ^^

Honestly take the movies/book you like, and just settle the movies in french and buy the books in french version ^^ because except the classic french litterature Idk contemporary books in french lol (I have an english obssession since I'm little) and the french movies are kinda bad :lol: oh no ! Intouchables !! He's amazing, did you see him ?

De rien :smile:

wow Arabic too?!! I guessing u learnt it by yourself too! good luch learning Czech next year!
I will try finding French versions of books I like thanks! nd no I havnt watched it must be good right?
(do u read the sub titles when u watch? cause I do! its a bad habit )
wow Arabic too?!! I guessing u learnt it by yourself too! good luch learning Czech next year!
I will try finding French versions of books I like thanks! nd no I havnt watched it must be good right?
(do u read the sub titles when u watch? cause I do! its a bad habit )

Actually my dad is french and my mum is algerian so I did not really learned to speak arabic, it's kinda native too due to my mum :3 but I did a few years of arabic at school to learn to read it ^^

Thanks ! :wink:

Yep I totally want you to see Intouchables !!!

Reading a subtitle is not a bad habit AT ALL ! Read them carefully ! That's how I really learned english :wink: try to focus on the new words you hear, and associate them with the subtitles. It'll be hard at first , but after a few times of watching it'll be totally okay :smile: !
So the best way to learn a language is to watch films in that language? I might start doing that for new languages... I dont know if I'll do well though. Might do French and German, as I learn it for GCSEs.
Original post by TheMasterofLife
So the best way to learn a language is to watch films in that language? I might start doing that for new languages... I dont know if I'll do well though. Might do French and German, as I learn it for GCSEs.

Honestly it's a really good way! That, and reading too ^^
Personnally I learned much more things in english by watching movies than at school !

For the German I used to watch a few minutes of Arte every night :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by TheMasterofLife

my teachers always recommend listening to French radio too but I find that its really difficult to take anything in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending