The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Transferring to Lancaster

(edited 6 years ago)
No it isn't worth transferring based on that. Lancaster is just another average university, it is not better than Kent.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Snufkin
No it isn't worth transferring based on that. Lancaster is just another average university, it is not better than Kent.

Lancaster is a top 10 university and Kent is not, so I would not call it average.

But to some degree he is right, I wouldn't transfer just to say you went to a top 10 university. Look into quality of life you would have at both as well as employment rates for your course at both.
Original post by Yellow2914
Lancaster is a top 10 university and Kent is not, so I would not call it average.

It really isn't a top 10 university, it is distinctly average.
The rankings you refer to are meaningless. A level requirements are not an indicator of prestige or quality, just popularity.
Reply 5
Original post by Snufkin
The rankings you refer to are meaningless. A level requirements are not an indicator of prestige or quality, just popularity.

What is your reasoning for labeling Lancaster as average?
Just that it isn't a name I find impressive, and I doubt anyone else does either. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree with it.
Original post by Snufkin
Just that it isn't a name I find impressive, and I doubt anyone else does either. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree with it.

Even if you don't find the name impressive, I can hardly see a reason to call it average.

With over a 120 universities, surely around 60 is average. are you are downgrading a top 10 university to 60th in your mind? :P

You are right though, basing a university on A level requirements, popularity or ranking is not a great idea. I personally would look at employment for your course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending