The Student Room Group

Dutch man arrested for pig hat deemed offensive to Muslims

t78taaCN1LcThis can't be real... can it?:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

He wasn't arrested for wearing a pig hat.

It was a tense situation where people were protesting against immigration which has been seen to be largely muslim.
The pig hat was not an innocent piece of headwear. It was meant to be inflammatory.
The police asked someone else to take it off. He didn't like it and to prove a point HE put it on.

I don't think it warranted arrest, but he was clearly being difficult and refusing to comply with a fairly sensible request if the protest was to remain peaceful.
Original post by Neostigmine

It was a tense situation where people were protesting against immigration which has been seen to be largely muslim.
The pig hat was not an innocent piece of headwear. It was meant to be inflammatory.
The police asked someone else to take it off. He didn't like it and to prove a point HE put it on.

I don't think it warranted arrest, but he was clearly being difficult and refusing to comply with a fairly sensible request if the protest was to remain peaceful.

Yet cheering for Sharia Law and calling for beheading homosexuals and stoning women isn't "inflammatory"?

There have been hundreds of rallies in the Nederlands calling for Sharia Law, in fact I saw one when I was passing through Rotterdam last summer. From the Dutch I understand and speaking to the people watching it, they were calling for all women, including native Dutch, to be covered or "get raped". There were no arrests according to the news.
Original post by Whos_Your_Buddha
Yet cheering for Sharia Law and calling for beheading homosexuals and stoning women isn't "inflammatory"?

There have been hundreds of rallies in the Nederlands calling for Sharia Law, in fact I saw one when I was passing through Rotterdam last summer. From the Dutch I understand and speaking to the people watching it, they were calling for all women, including native Dutch, to be covered or "get raped". There were no arrests according to the news.

We're not to say that those people shouting that aren't to be arrested etc. (if they did actually do that -- suppose there is always one, as they say). If you start being inflammatory, then there is then obviously violence. So the police action is fair.

Sources for Netherlands 'Sharia' rallies?
Yet cheering for Sharia Law and calling for beheading homosexuals and stoning women isn't "inflammatory"

Just because one group of people break rules, doesn't make it okay for everyone to do it.
Just because one group of people break rules, doesn't make it okay for everyone to do it.

I think he's referring to the hypocrisy of the Police.
Original post by Aceadria
I think he's referring to the hypocrisy of the Police.

Yes, that's pretty clear..

But you cannot be outraged that someone was arrested for doing something wrong, just because someone else wasn't arrested for doing something similar.

But you cannot be outraged that someone was arrested for doing something wrong, just because someone else wasn't arrested for doing something similar.

I agree completely. I was just pointing it out, in case it wasn't.
Reply 8

So wearing a pig hat is wrong?
Original post by gwagon
So wearing a pig hat is wrong?

Read my first post:

Lol that's absolutely ridiculous

If someone is going to take offence at someone wearing a hat portraying an animal which they are prohibited from eating in their religion then they should be directed to anger management classes, not accommodated at the expense of the other person, even if they are trying to be a class A douchebag
Reply 11
Read my first post:

Demonstrations are meant to be inflammatory and offensive.

exactly the police are scared to do plaything about Muslims when they do that yet if we do a peaceful protest they look for any excuse for arrests i hate it .
Reply 13
Read my first post:

LOL. Did you actually just say that? Your defending anger towards him because he was wearing a pig hat? Hahhaha you just highlighted how the left bend over backwards to accomodate Muslims.
Reply 14

The point is that he hasn't done anything wrong.

The rule you've outlined is that people should be arrested for doing things likely to cause others to respond to them violently, even if those people are themselves peaceful.

I.e. you think the law should be on the side of the lynch mob.

Since muslims form lynch mobs, but native Dutch don't, it is in-keeping with this "rule" that Dutch should be arrested for doing things when muslims should not be arrested for doing equivalent things.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
I think the biggest indecency in this whole situation is the hypocrisy of the protests.

A Dutch man wears a pig hat and gets arrested as it's inflammatory towards Muslims, yet a group of Muslims walk through Holland, threatening women that they're going to be raped if they don't cover up? No arrests. Sickening.
Reply 17
Original post by gwagon
LOL. Did you actually just say that? Your defending anger towards him because he was wearing a pig hat? Hahhaha you just highlighted how the left bend over backwards to accomodate Muslims.

You couldn't be more correct.

Muslims make up 5% of the population - yet if you got your perception of the world from the media and the news, you'd think they were a lot more!
Original post by hellodave5
We're not to say that those people shouting that aren't to be arrested etc. (if they did actually do that -- suppose there is always one, as they say). If you start being inflammatory, then there is then obviously violence. So the police action is fair.

Sources for Netherlands 'Sharia' rallies?

I've been looking for the article on "De Telegraaf" for the last 3 hours and unfortunately I have yet to recover it. I will try again tomorrow.

An example in the UK would be Anjem Choudary. He's full of hatred and disgust of the West, yet is allowed to strut around with his cronies... The stuff he says is definitely inflammatory.

This is simply Liberal hypocrisy.
They sound so funny when they talk :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending