The Student Room Group

I thought cutting contact helps you move on and forget?

This girl and I met over summer a few years ago, became instantly infatuated and progressively the feelings developped...

Her actions spoke louder than her words... we would have very, very, special moments in bed, in romantic spots in her town and sometimes around her friends. We were extremely attracted to one another and it was all very emotional for both of us.

I managed to handle the emotions though and always waited for her to make the romantic moves (i.e progressing the relationship).

Anyway, I cut contact with her because I noticed it wasn't going anywhere any more. We live in different countries so it was impossible to progress to commitment.

I didn't explain her why, I just cut her off, blocked her and "moved on".

2 years later, I still feel so strong for her. I still sob if I'm reminded about her, which is quite often.

I'll smell her scent, I'll see pictures of her town, I'll watch films or clips... it's tormenting.

I've had relationships since, but again, it doesn't feel real and I've never been 100% into them.

I thought cutting her off would help me move on and inevitably move on, but I haven't - I still haven't.

I think about her almost everyday.
Aww :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Well that's Karma for being a bit of a **** then isn't it
Reply 3
You poor soul. It could be worse though, imagine if she just cut you off, blocked you and moved on, without explaining why.
Reply 4
Original post by samina_ay
Aww :frown:

Yeah, it's truly heartbreaking. I haven't told any of my close friends about it or family... or even my counsellor. I was too terrified to speak of it, and probably worried I'd end up crying my eyes out.

Original post by offhegoes
You poor soul. It could be worse though, imagine if she just cut you off, blocked you and moved on, without explaining why.

I would have been devastated, alas it was I who blocked her...

I regret it so much.

I saw her last summer and she couldn't stop looking at me and trying to speak... I just couldn't. She even hung back with me once too.
Reply 5
Original post by whorace
Well that's Karma for being a bit of a **** then isn't it

I suppose it is in some way... but I wasn't trying to be malicious, I was trying to protect myself and my feelings. Yes you could consider this "selfish", but you have to understand that we live in different countries and it wasn't going anywhere. I couldn't be anything other than her partner.
I have to be brutally honest OP because you've been living in lala land for two years, in a prison of your own making/

OP you get one life, one shot and you are squandering it on some chick who really doesn't matter shiz!! You've put her on a pedestal, made a projection of her and now you are just being foolish and reckless. Many other women have probably passed you by, and will continue to while you weep for this woman who doesn't and will never weep for you.

The thing is there is something missing in you and this is nothing to do with her. You have latched onto her to fill that void. You probably don't feel worthy of someone who likes you or reciprocates you'd rather hold onto this memories of someone who is not into you. You have serious work to do my friend. I can only say this because I've been there, in fact I'm still emerging out of it. And to be honest it is a pathetic waste of life and I don't want you to go through it. I'm female. I hope you find your freedom soon.
This girl and I met over summer a few years ago, became instantly infatuated and progressively the feelings developped...

Her actions spoke louder than her words... we would have very, very, special moments in bed, in romantic spots in her town and sometimes around her friends. We were extremely attracted to one another and it was all very emotional for both of us.

I managed to handle the emotions though and always waited for her to make the romantic moves (i.e progressing the relationship).

Anyway, I cut contact with her because I noticed it wasn't going anywhere any more. We live in different countries so it was impossible to progress to commitment.

2 years later, I still feel so strong for her. I still sob if I'm reminded about her, which is quite often.

I'll smell her scent, I'll see pictures of her town, I'll watch films or clips... it's tormenting.

I've had relationships since, but again, it doesn't feel real and I've never been 100% into them.

I thought cutting her off would help me move on and inevitably move on, but I haven't - I still haven't.

Whereabouts does she actually live? Different countries can work if you are committed... As long as it ain't Austraalia lol!
Reply 8
I have to be brutally honest OP because you've been living in lala land for two years, in a prison of your own making/

OP you get one life, one shot and you are squandering it on some chick who really doesn't matter shiz!! You've put her on a pedestal, made a projection of her and now you are just being foolish and reckless. Many other women have probably passed you by, and will continue to while you weep for this woman who doesn't and will never weep for you.

The thing is there is something missing in you and this is nothing to do with her. You have latched onto her to fill that void. You probably don't feel worthy of someone who likes you or reciprocates you'd rather hold onto this memories of someone who is not into you. You have serious work to do my friend. I can only say this because I've been there, in fact I'm still emerging out of it. And to be honest it is a pathetic waste of life and I don't want you to go through it. I'm female. I hope you find your freedom soon.

stumbled onto this thread and this actually helped me, thanks
in these kinds of situations it tends to be more the figment that youve created in your head over the past two year and not the person itself, especially if youve not spoken or had any contact for so long! think you are in love with the idea of it. if you didnt see it going anywhere then, has it changed now?

first loves are the hardest to get over in any circumstance. good luck.

It seems like you have a lot of emotions built up, have you ever tried writing down your feelings in a blog or writing a song type thing? It can help then once you have done that move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending