The Student Room Group

Pokemon sun and moon announced!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vikingninja
I wanna see a steel type for it.

They tend to release Eeveelutions in pairs, particularly ones super-effective against one another (Espeon/Umbreon and Leafeon/Glaceon) so you can make an argument for a Dragon and Steel pair. While neither is super-effective against the other, Steel resists Dragon so a case could be made for that.
So how many new Pokemon are we expecting here?

Personally, I'd actually be fine if the number skyrocketed from 721 all the way to 999 (or 1,000), just to give it a nice round number (and yes, I know it's excessive and probably unrealistic).

Besides, odd numbered generations have always added more Pokemon than their even number counterparts:
1 - 151
2 - 100 (251)
3 - 135 (386)
4 - 107 (493)
5 - 156 (649)
6 - 72 [Not including Megas] (721)*
*Assuming Magearna is not Gen 6
Original post by Vikingninja

Grass/electric would be pretty hard to design, rotom is the only pokemon with that combination but yeah that's a lawnmower lol.
Wanna see a region with a archipelago design
Can't see the rival joining the gang since not trying to sound weird and stuff but would be a bit dark for kids which the game is aimed at.
Unused combinations I would like to see are rock/poison (some weird radioactive pokemon), psychic/ghost should have happened already (except hoopa, weird legendary but wtf stats on unbound) and possibly a rock/ghost with a fossil.

Given the subject of XY lore (with one of the legendaries being a kind of allegory of DEATH ITSELF for example), I think they've already gone into 'dark' territory.

And as for the 'radioactive' Pokemon, I'd make it Steel/poison (since there are more radioactive metals than radioactive non-metals).
For anyone not aware, until the end of the day today the store Game are giving away codes for a free Mew to use in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (I could have gotten those the wrong way around :ahee:). I've just got mine and discovered I've also got £8 sat on my long-neglected loyalty card, so that will pay for my copy of Pokémon Blue too!
But doesn't Pokemon RBY cost £9?

Personally, I would get Yellow, since you can get all starters and Pikachu follows around (for the same price).
Original post by leafcannon
But doesn't Pokemon RBY cost £9?

Personally, I would get Yellow, since you can get all starters and Pikachu follows around (for the same price).

I'll have to pay about 60p, but close enough :ahee:

Blue was my first Pokemon game (although I owned all three of the original game at one point) so I chose that one for nostalgia's sake :yep: I may still go for Yellow, I haven't got the 3DS yet so have time to change my mind.
My first Pokemon game wasn't actually a main series game - it was this:

My first 'proper' Pokemon game was this:

And I still have that Pokewalker device, even though I don't have the game. Sigh, how I used that to catch countless Elekids...

And I still have that Pokewalker device, even though I don't have the game. Sigh, how I used that to catch countless Elekids...

I've never played the Mystery Dungeon games, that would mean less time spent with the main series :tongue: I used to use the Walker for covert levelling up while at uni :ninja:
Are new pokemon released? the starters at least? I am so curious how the new pokemon of Generation 7 look.
Original post by Kallisto
Are new pokemon released? the starters at least? I am so curious how the new pokemon of Generation 7 look.

Just Magearna that was leaked a couple of weeks ago, nothing new with the announcement.

Yeah, I know. That would be weird, if there is not a new generation, of all things to the anniversary. New editions without new pokemons is like Christmas without gifts.
Not hype. X&Y killed Pokémon for me. **** mega evolutions and **** fairy types.

Why did they create such a stupid looking mega for Gyarados. My bae Magikarps grandady is so ugly.
Yeah, I know. That would be weird, if there is not a new generation, of all things to the anniversary. New editions without new pokemons is like Christmas without gifts.

There will definitely be new Pokemon, it's fairly common for the games to be announced a while before any pokemon do. For example when Diamon and Pearl were announced no new pokemon were announced at the same time, with the only known fourth generation currently known being Munchlax because, like Magearna, he appeared in promo material for an upcoming movie. I'm fairly sure since at least the release of the DS only the XY announcement has also revealed previously unseen Pokemon :yep:
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
Not hype. X&Y killed Pokémon for me. **** mega evolutions and **** fairy types.

I was perfectly happy with both of these. Between these additions and the nerf to permaweather, online battling was the most fun it's been since Diamond and Pearl.

Youre right that some of the Megas are damn ugly though. Heracross is an abomination :lolwut:
how cool would it be if there was like a giovanni situation where your dad is the kingpin of the criminal syndicate but you as the character have no inkling. sounds pretty cheesy but would be good i think. so hyped for this
Will inevitably be called Pokemon S&M for short. :mmm:
Fine. So I am waiting till they are announced. I guess new pokemon can be seen in April. Before that it could be that the new starters come out.

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver are the best Pokemon games ever to be released (I swear I've completed HG 3 times now :u:)
So how many new Pokemon are we expecting here?

Personally, I'd actually be fine if the number skyrocketed from 721 all the way to 999 (or 1,000), just to give it a nice round number (and yes, I know it's excessive and probably unrealistic).

Besides, odd numbered generations have always added more Pokemon than their even number counterparts:
1 - 151
2 - 100 (251)
3 - 135 (386)
4 - 107 (493)
5 - 156 (649)
6 - 72 [Not including Megas] (721)*

*Assuming Magearna is not Gen 6

Maybe there are 179 new pokemon planning, so we get 900 pokemon in total exactly? but after your numbers, that would not come true. The highest number of new pokemon was in generation 5, when 156 new pokemon were created. But as long as it is not under 100, it would be fine (the last generation was really bad, not only due to the number of new pokemons, but also their looks).
Maybe there are 179 new pokemon planning, so we get 900 pokemon in total exactly? but after your numbers, that would not come true. The highest number of new pokemon was in generation 5, when 156 new pokemon were created. But as long as it is not under 100, it would be fine (the last generation was really bad, not only due to the number of new pokemons, but also their looks).

I think the reason why they only introduced 72 new Pokemon in gen 6 is because the number of Mega evolutions brought the number beyond 100.

Just checking, there are 48 Mega evolutions, which brings the number up to 120.

Quick Reply

Latest