The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

doing a chem A2 paper 1 now, finding it quite difficult:s-smilie: then I will do a bio past paper, and begin revising AS chemistry
Out of curiosity, how many of you are tracking your hours of revision? I've found setting a target amount of hours per week and tracking it in a spreadsheet has really motivated me! :smile:
Can anyone answer this question (biology aqa AS)
a sample of epithelial tissue from the small intestine of an animal was analysed some of the cells had 8.4 units of DNA others only had only 4.2 units
Original post by goal101
a sample of epithelial tissue from the small intestine of an animal was analysed some of the cells had 8.4 units of DNA others only had only 4.2 units

Maybe some of the DNA in some cells had just replicated and so the units had been doubled (the Interphase stage) - that is what I think.
Did 2 C4 papers today, rates of change questions are annoying :frown: I'll practice them more another time. On the bright side, I'm getting better at vectors!
Original post by TheTeresaLover
Maybe some of the DNA in some cells had just replicated and so the units had been doubled (the Interphase stage) - that is what I think.

Yeahhh that's what I thought aswell! Hope it's right! Thankyou

Thank you,knew about the first one . The all papers website sounds to be great as they have Cambridge Advanced papers,will see how they go :smile:
Reply 1367
Original post by Kamara7
Did 2 C4 papers today, rates of change questions are annoying :frown: I'll practice them more another time. On the bright side, I'm getting better at vectors!

lol vectors are my worst enemy :s-smilie: &also did some C4 today, how're you finding A2? (also what additional module are you doing)
Reply 1368
Original post by htrowslec
Out of curiosity, how many of you are tracking your hours of revision? I've found setting a target amount of hours per week and tracking it in a spreadsheet has really motivated me! :smile:

Oh, that's good! Hm, I might try it out on Monday - maybe it'll also help to see which subjects I should be spending more time on/whether I'm balancing things.
Reply 1369
Finallyyyyyy managed to get myself to do a half-decent amount of work. -.-

- Finished my stupid essay, just need to copy it out in pen since my teacher prefers it to be handwritten rather than emailed + whatnot so I'll do that just before I go to bed.
- Completed and Marked a C1 June 2013 past paper - 72/75. Lost marks bc I apparently forgot to finish the arithmetic sequence question.
- Completed + have written my notes for the partial fractions section of C4 maths.

Yeah, not overly happy with my productivity levels today or this past week tbh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more fun, I''m going to try and wake up early so I can get some work done since I feel like I'm behind atm and just.. :argh:
Reply 1370
Original post by Anon_98
Finallyyyyyy managed to get myself to do a half-decent amount of work. -.-

- Finished my stupid essay, just need to copy it out in pen since my teacher prefers it to be handwritten rather than emailed + whatnot so I'll do that just before I go to bed.
- Completed and Marked a C1 June 2013 past paper - 72/75. Lost marks bc I apparently forgot to finish the arithmetic sequence question.
- Completed + have written my notes for the partial fractions section of C4 maths.

Yeah, not overly happy with my productivity levels today or this past week tbh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more fun, I''m going to try and wake up early so I can get some work done since I feel like I'm behind atm and just.. :argh:

lol that essay's been bugging you for ages :biggrin:& well done :five:are you aiming for an A* too by any chance? I feel the same to be quite frank:frown:, going to have to follow the timetable more strictly next week
I haven't attempted a single A2 Biology past paper from the AQA website as of yet bc I haven't completed what I need to do. In all our exams at school we are given made up ones and I found the application questions which were presented to us incredibly difficult too. After I've finished my current biology revision, I'll do a past paper to see if I've improved in anyway and whether this technique works for me. :s-smilie:

Are you doing A2 biology/ just revised in advanced haha? :smile:

Revising Biology now. Good luck to everyone with their exam revision.

That's great,tried it before, will start again it helps me see how much time I actually make use of. Great idea - thanks for sharing! :smile:
Original post by xs4
lol that essay's been bugging you for ages :biggrin:& well done :five:are you aiming for an A* too by any chance? I feel the same to be quite frank:frown:, going to have to follow the timetable more strictly next week

Same here. :frown:
What A levels are you doing?
Anyone got any tips for revising Macroeconomics? I'm fine with Micro because I revise around the diagrams, but I struggle a lot more with Macro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goal101

Yes. I think it's something to do with 8.4 = DNA already replicated at start of prophase or you could possibly get away with saying any stage other than telophase/ interphase.

thus 4.2 = DNA not replicated because cells are in interphase or maybe have just divided via mitosis?

Please check, I'm not 100% sure as this is from what I remember,
hope this helps at all :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
Oh, that's good! Hm, I might try it out on Monday - maybe it'll also help to see which subjects I should be spending more time on/whether I'm balancing things.

The balancing definitely helps as well! I found I was spending 25% more time on Philosophy than anything else
Can you please explain this. I am in Nigeria so I'm not sure whether the timings will correlate. Also I'm not on half term yet, I'm starting my mock 2 examinations tomorrow so after that (2 weeks after) I'd have the break but my school is having an easter retreat, so when do you think this timetable will work?
Original post by goal101
Yeahhh that's what I thought aswell! Hope it's right! Thankyou

You're most welcome! :h: Feel free to ask me if you are stuck in bio (or any other subjects - if I'm doing them :tongue:)
The balancing definitely helps as well! I found I was spending 25% more time on Philosophy than anything else

This sounds like such a good idea! This might sound a little naive but did you set this up in excel with all the 'functions' (I have no idea what they're called) and some fancy graph or did you just roughly guess your percentage?

The way I'm making sure I spend equal time on everything is just by doing a subject per day. I've made a three week rota so that, fingers crossed, each subject gets equal weekday and weekend time.

Latest

Trending

Trending