The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stochasticking
I don't nescesarily think shaving your chest is feminine. If you shaved your arms and legs, then that would definitely be feminine.

Oh well I don't shave my arms or legs.

What about those who shave their legs for sport. Cycling and swimming etc. Is that feminine?
Original post by DeliciousAbs
Both reasons are for the purpose of making money.

In terms of those who do it for image, well i suppose it's primarily for attracting a female.

im wondering if you are regretting making this thread

all jokes aside, i think the premise is that chest hair has been a symbol of masculinity and virility for a large part of human existence, and only since the last 15 or so years, the originally gay-scene trend of men shaving chests has been picked up by hetro men. but i suspect that trned wont last forever
Original post by MountKimbie
Why do you care what they think?

Are you stupid? Because if they don't like me then they won't book me again and i wont get paid.
Okay, would you like to explain why being a topless waiter would require you to shave?

No because I would like for you to think about it and use your common sense.

What about those who shave their legs for sport. Cycling and swimming etc. Is that feminine?

Well they have to do that to enhance their performance, so I wouldn't say it is feminine. But cyclists and swimmers aside, I think it's really feminine and a bit weird too.
Original post by Sisuphos
Pirates wore earrings.

...anyone? .......noone ?

ok

Are you referring to the Butt variety?

No, it's not feminine. It depends on context.

But that's like asking is wearing make up on male actors and men that appear on TV (almost all of them) feminine?
Both reasons are for the purpose of making money.

In terms of those who do it for image, well i suppose it's primarily for attracting a female.

Professional swimmers don't swim because of the money lol

A man shaves because he wants to attract a female? Do you know how contradictory that sounds?
Original post by Reformed
im wondering if you are regretting making this thread

all jokes aside, i think the premise is that chest hair has been a symbol of masculinity and virility for a large part of human existence, and only since the last 15 or so years, the originally gay-scene trend of men shaving chests has been picked up by hetro men. but i suspect that trned wont last forever

Shaving your chest for work/sport/money is generally not classed as feminine.

Waxing I suppose is maybe more feminine.
Are you stupid? Because if they don't like me then they won't book me again and i wont get paid.

I thought you meant female co workers as opposed to clients.
Many gender roles are exaggerated anyway, toughness really depends on the individual (many women are mentally tougher than men) and many males have so called feminine like characteristics. Whoever developed the notion that females should wear skirts/earrings and men shouldn't I've no idea. It's just been drilled into our heads that it's the norm.
Original post by Reformed
...anyone? .......noone ?

ok

Are you referring to the Butt variety?

No.

A man shaves because he wants to attract a female? Do you know how contradictory that sounds?

This.

I really don't understand the logic..
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by stochasticking
Well they have to do that to enhance their performance, so I wouldn't say it is feminine. But cyclists and swimmers aside, I think it's really feminine and a bit weird too.

I'm also enhancing my job performance. Either way it is done to make money.
Original post by xobeauty
No because I would like for you to think about it and use your common sense.

I've thought about it and I can't think of a valid reason as to why this gentlemen feels he HAS to shave his chest.

Women aren't attracted to hairless bodies, generally speaking. So... care to elaborate, or are you going to carry on trying to be a smartarse.

Of course they do. For both money and fame.

Not at all. Clearly you don't attract many females.
(edited 5 years ago)
Nice boobs.

Oh fair enough.
Original post by Sisuphos
No.

i was kidding. of course historically men ranging from the spartans to ancient aztec warriors wore earings. its really a modern trend for them to be feminine. and then even more so for men to wear them again

Yeah because you don't like to use your common sense and ready to attack anything op says.

Latest