The Student Room Group

Be honest do you Muslims thing cooked bacon smells good?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reformed
pig doesnt do that. not unless its not fed properly and left little choice (as was the case in medeival times)

Their **** still smells ****ing horrible 10 times over like alien level 😂
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Their **** still smells ****ing horrible 10 times over like alien level 😂

you havent smelt mine after a pickled egg
you havent smelt mine after a pickled egg

Then you're a ****ing pig! 😂😂😂😁😁
Pork in general seems absolutely vile. I can't even stand the smell of bacon flavoured crisps let alone the thing itself.
(edited 8 years ago)
pig doesnt do that. not unless its not fed properly and left little choice (as was the case in medeival times)

yes i've looked into that, the farmers tried to seperate the pigs from their friends to avoid eating each others feaces, the pigs ended up eating their own. They don't do it cause they're starving and have not been fed properly its just in their nature, I guess it must have some physiological benefit, some scientist believe it improves their digestive system.
Anyway I don't really see the obsession with bacon, I prefer steak, but each to their own.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Why Sam?

I just don't like the smell, it smells so strong and stinks up your clothes in the process
Original post by Mentally
yes i've looked into that, the farmers tried to seperate the pigs from their friends to avoid eating each others feaces, the pigs ended up eating their own. They don't do it cause they're starving and have not been fed properly its just in their nature, I guess it must have some physiological benefit, some scientist believe it improves their digestive system.
Anyway I don't really see the obsession with bacon, I prefer steak, but each to their own.

I don't know why but I find this sooo funny lmao. Like move away their friends so they can't eat their friends **** but then they turn around and eat their own **** 😂😂😂😂😂 dumbass pigs

still thats untrue isnt it. pigs in the wild hardly ever do unless they were starving of other food sources and in farms that are run to modern standards are shown to defficate elsewhere to where they sleep eat etc, as they are far more intelligent than other cattle that you may eat. the goat for example does eat its own faeces and yet mohammed had no problem eating goat. rabbits even chickens are known to also and yet these were not prohibited to muslims, so you can see there was a lot of ignorance in mohammeds time as to the food chain.

the urban myth you refer is no more reason not to eat pork than a whole host of other meats
still thats untrue isnt it. pigs in the wild hardly ever do unless they were starving of other food sources yes they do, so do a whole host of other animals, please educate yourself and google Coprophagia. You're also contradicting yourself, you're defending the act by saying "so what other animals do it" but now you're saying they don't.

and in farms that are run to modern standards are shown to defficate elsewhere to where they sleep eat etc, as they are far more intelligent than other cattle that you may eat. You're incorrectly correlating hygiene with Intelligence. Pigs are indeed very intelligent creatures the example you give does not support it.

the goat for example does eat its own faeces and yet mohammed had no problem eating goat. rabbits even chickens are known to also and yet these were not prohibited to muslims, so you can see there was a lot of ignorance in mohammeds time as to the food chain. Why do you keep assuming I'm Muslim, is it because I don't like the taste of pork? shouldn't the quote "I prefer steak over bacon" give it away that I have tried bacon.

the urban myth you refer is no more reason not to eat pork than a whole host of other meats Cattles exhibit "Unusual" Cophrophagia meaning they only commit to the act when are directly fed litter or as you mentioned earlier when they are starving, for example in the US Food and Drug administration heavily restricts the practice of feeding cattles litter directly, whilst in Canada and the UK it is outright banned by the respective governing body. . Pigs are different. Did you know that in the middle ages they used pigs as toilets to clear up the litter.

xx

yes they do, so do a whole host of other animals, please educate yourself and google Coprophagia. You're also contradicting yourself, you're defending the act by saying "so what other animals do it" but now you're saying they don't.

i dont use google as a source of education, it doesnt take an internet education to know which animals do this - looking up coprophagia on wikepidia should have already demonstrated to you that any number of animals can and do eat faeces in the relevant circumstance. my point that you didnt seem to understand is that pigs will do so when they arnt fed properly or are starving, the are omnivores. however any animal that doesnt have access to normal diets will eventually resort to the same, ie chickens, goats, rabbits, even cows - so how is your logical only applicable to pigs?

the reality is none of the animals in our standrd meat food chain wouldnt normally resort to this if they were farmed well. your superstition specifically about all pigs comes from a time of ignorance in the 9th century when people lived on rumours and lack of understanding- but this is a newsflash, were living in the 21st century

. You're incorrectly correlating hygiene with Intelligence. Pigs are indeed very intelligent creatures the example you give does not support it.

they have a level of intelligence to exhibit learned behaviour - one of which is learning to **** elsewhere from where they eat and sleep. i dont know what you personally do, but it is a basic trait of learnt behaviour a lot of animals develop within nature, with the required level of intelligence.

. Why do you keep assuming I'm Muslim, is it because I don't like the taste of pork? shouldn't the quote "I prefer steak over bacon" give it away that I have tried bacon.

im not assuming your a muslim( your ignorance about pigs diet was a semetic superstition that early christians and jews also followed) - but that is what this thread was about. im pointing out you have adopted the ignorance that they were peddled in the 8th century and before, where science and logic was in short supply.

Cattles exhibit "Unusual" Cophrophagia meaning they only commit to the act when are directly fed litter or as you mentioned earlier when they are starving, for example in the US Food and Drug administration heavily restricts the practice of feeding cattles litter directly, whilst in Canada and the UK it is outright banned by the respective governing body. . Pigs are different. Did you know that in the middle ages they used pigs as toilets to clear up the litter.

pigs are omnivores whereas cattle generally are herbivores, so are less likely to eat faeces unless they are restricted from normal hay/grass/ feed diet, whereupon theyll act in very much the same way. what you seem to be concerend about is eating animals that are being mis-fed , rather than specifically pigs ( though it seems youre slow to figure that out) . In this day and age in the west certainly, this concern is unfounded
Reply 50
There's also turkey bacon which isn't that bad
Reply 51
I've never seen or smelt bacon in my life.
Original post by iqra2159
I've never seen or smelt bacon in my life.

BS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest