The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cuala79
Hahah I know a minority for sure! Where else did you apply too?

I'm also waiting on Edinburgh university-PE
I've gotten rejection from Stirling Uni and Birmingham Uni Both for PE
I have a Conditional Offer from Cardiff Met in Sport and PE.

What colleges have you applied to? Have you received any offers?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 361
Original post by Eireland
I'm also waiting on Edinburgh university-PE
I've gotten rejection from Stirling Uni and Birmingham Uni Both for PE
I have a Conditional Offer from Cardiff Met in Sport and PE.

What colleges have you applied to? Have you received any offers?

I've applied to edinburgh university for sport mangement, stirling for sports studies, queen Margaret's for physical activity and health and quees in Belfast for sport and physical activity! I only just recived my first response from queen Margaret's just last week and I got an offer but the wait is awful! Maybe because id be coming from Ireland that it's taking to so long but I'm not sure!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by H_Alli
Thanks xx
I also applied in November and I got the unconditional the same week I applied, what subjects are you doing this year? and did you get the entry requirements?

Almost, I got the grades (AAAAB) but I don't have French yet, I'm crashing higher French this year so I'm expecting either a conditional offer or a rejection
Reply 363
Original post by Saya k
Almost, I got the grades (AAAAB) but I don't have French yet, I'm crashing higher French this year so I'm expecting either a conditional offer or a rejection

I dont think they'll turn you down. My friend applied for Pharmacy in November and she just got her offer last week. Did you base your statement for UCAS on Int Bus and Languages?
Original post by cuala79
I've applied to edinburgh university for sport mangement, stirling for sports studies, queen Margaret's for physical activity and health and quees in Belfast for sport and physical activity! I only just recived my first response from queen Margaret's just last week and I got an offer but the wait is awful! Maybe because id be coming from Ireland that it's taking to so long but I'm not sure!

Congrats. I'd say why we are waiting so long is down to the number of applicants that applied this year and how many personnel each of the universities have going through the application.
What course did you apply for in Queen Margaret's University may i ask.
Reply 365
Original post by sazalaz
Just got a conditional for forensic and analytical chemistry! Just need a C in advanced higher chemistry ☺️

Congratulations, what grades to you get last year, I've not heard anything yet.
Anyone heard from Microbiology / Immunology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasim-98
Posted from TSR Mobile

my friend got a conditional for immunology last week! she got AAAAC last year, not sure what her conditions are for this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a conditional for pharmacology and immunology, which is quite similar I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 369
Original post by Eireland
Congrats. I'd say why we are waiting so long is down to the number of applicants that applied this year and how many personnel each of the universities have going through the application.
What course did you apply for in Queen Margaret's University may i ask.

Yeah sure the course I applied to is Physical activity , health and wellbeing. Looks really good!
Original post by euandonaghy
my friend got a conditional for immunology last week! she got AAAAC last year, not sure what her conditions are for this year

I know you might not know, but is her conditions for second year entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JPiddy
I got a conditional for pharmacology and immunology, which is quite similar I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! I want to do immunology, what did you get last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice! I want to do immunology, what did you get last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only got AABBC, need to get an A in higher history or maths this year though. What about yourself ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JPiddy
I only got AABBC, need to get an A in higher history or maths this year though. What about yourself ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got AAAAAA, but 2 A's were nat 5. I'm doing higher biology and maths this year, crashing higher chemistry and computing. But I don't think il get an offer. Not only for not doing higher in fifth year (my school does a 2 year thing 🙄) but because my personal statement was about business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 374
Original post by Dgl8
Congratulations, what grades to you get last year, I've not heard anything yet.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon, I only got AABBB last year :s-smilie:
Original post by H_Alli
I dont think they'll turn you down. My friend applied for Pharmacy in November and she just got her offer last week. Did you base your statement for UCAS on Int Bus and Languages?

Yeaaah my whole personal statement was specific to that specific course at Strathclyde because it was my first choice. It's okay though, hearing nothing it better than a rejection! :3
Reply 376
Original post by Saya k
Yeaaah my whole personal statement was specific to that specific course at Strathclyde because it was my first choice. It's okay though, hearing nothing it better than a rejection! :3

Oh don't worry you'll be fine because when i was at the open day the person that deals with the business applications told me that its good to have a solid statement about your course.
I think you'll get in with a conditional, I wouldn't worry about it too much
I know you might not know, but is her conditions for second year entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no i believe its for first year :-)
Original post by euandonaghy
no i believe its for first year :-)

Lucky, I'm unsure where il get with this course because they might think I'm not that bothered about it because of my personal statement. It's the only decision I'm waiting on as well.. I've waited since the start of December haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H_Alli
Oh don't worry you'll be fine because when i was at the open day the person that deals with the business applications told me that its good to have a solid statement about your course.
I think you'll get in with a conditional, I wouldn't worry about it too much

I won't! Thank you haha. Which languages will you pick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending