University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by mario64
hi guys,

had my interview on tuesday 23rd and got an offer today,

cant believe it was only 2 days

Amazing! Congratulations :biggrin:

Any tips on how to prepare for the interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys - just wanted to ask any recent or not that recent medicine related news that you think is important to know?

I've read quite a bit recently on things such as the 2% cut on mental health treatment by the NHS and a single blood test to diagnose different types of cancer.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1183
Original post by shivvverzzk98
What are your stats?

BMAT: 3.7 4.5 3A
A*AB
1st prediction in degree
Original post by Hood15
got an interview for the 16th too!! I think it clashes with my ISA though D:

what are your stats?
Original post by masryman97
what are your stats?

2A*s, 4As, 3Bs, 3Cs at GCSE,
4.9, 4.0, 2.0A for bmat
AAAB at AS and an A*A*A prediction for A2
Original post by medprospects
Hey guys - just wanted to ask any recent or not that recent medicine related news that you think is important to know?

I've read quite a bit recently on things such as the 2% cut on mental health treatment by the NHS and a single blood test to diagnose different types of cancer.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly they could ask you any, just have some topics of articles to talk about and you'll be fine.
Just been pre-interview rejected :frown:
Just been pre-interview rejected :frown:

I'm so sorry :frown: I hope the rest of your application is going well. Did they give a reason why? I guess the mass rejections are coming now so I'll be rejected soon :smile:
Original post by Mehek1
I'm so sorry :frown: I hope the rest of your application is going well. Did they give a reason why? I guess the mass rejections are coming now so I'll be rejected soon :smile:

No, UCL haven't even contacted me, it just went straight to Track.
No, UCL haven't even contacted me, it just went straight to Track.

Isn't there any feedback on Track? What were your stats?
Original post by Mehek1
Isn't there any feedback on Track? What were your stats?

Oh I forgot that I could check that, it's because of my BMAT cos I got 3.7 3.3 4A
My other stats are 8A* 2A, 4As at AS (94% ums, they asked in November), predicted A*A*A
Oh I forgot that I could check that, it's because of my BMAT cos I got 3.7 3.3 4A
My other stats are 8A* 2A, 4As at AS (94% ums, they asked in November), predicted A*A*A

:frown: You made it this far, though! Good luck for everything else o:smile:
Original post by Joooeee
Honestly they could ask you any, just have some topics of articles to talk about and you'll be fine.

thank you! that's what I'll do and just look into obvious topics like doctor contracts.

well done on your offer btw :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry. Your other stats are amazing so good luck with everything else and don't let this bring you down :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Got an interview for UCL on the 16th March too (on my birthday ahhh!)
Stats: 10 A*s GCSE, 5As at AS and predicted 4 A*s in Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths at A2.
BMAT score: 3.1 (ghastly!) 5.2 and 2.5A (<also shite! I need to write an exemplar essay ASAP!)
i got an offer today after waiting 9 days!!
Just for future interviewees, dont be disheartened when you see others hearing back after 2-4 days! Hearing back later wont mean you are disadvantaged in any way, just the ladies who send out the offer emails are probably busy or helping with the actual interviews! There wont be a 'mass rejection' waiting as they will get back to once they have assessed your interview sheet.
For the interview itself, there may be some 'challenging' questions but most should come from your PS or bmat essay. As long as it doesnt go disastrously then you should be all good:h:.
All the best for those with interviews coming up!!
Hi guys,

I have an offer from both UCL and Machester. I don't really wanna stay in London but I know UCL is the better medical school. Any advice?
Original post by babyanns
Hi guys,

I have an offer from both UCL and Machester. I don't really wanna stay in London but I know UCL is the better medical school. Any advice?

It's ultimately your decision. And no, UCL is not a better medical school despite people's perceptions - they are both regulated by the GMC and are exactly the same standard.

Go with your gut decision :smile:
Original post by koreankid
i got an offer today after waiting 9 days!!
Just for future interviewees, dont be disheartened when you see others hearing back after 2-4 days! Hearing back later wont mean you are disadvantaged in any way, just the ladies who send out the offer emails are probably busy or helping with the actual interviews! There wont be a 'mass rejection' waiting as they will get back to once they have assessed your interview sheet.
For the interview itself, there may be some 'challenging' questions but most should come from your PS or bmat essay. As long as it doesnt go disastrously then you should be all good:h:.
All the best for those with interviews coming up!!

Would you say (if you did get asked) you expected the questions regarding health news/current affairs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending