The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Any advice on where to practice for the English & maths tests? The maths I should be fine with as I have to calculate my own daughters meds etc so I know about ratios etc but I'm not very confident with English xx
Original post by SparklyToes
Any advice on where to practice for the English & maths tests? The maths I should be fine with as I have to calculate my own daughters meds etc so I know about ratios etc but I'm not very confident with English xx

Some universities have sample papers on their websites and you could always go on Bitesize for extra revision xx
Original post by Lucytal
Some universities have sample papers on their websites and you could always go on Bitesize for extra revision xx

Fab thanks!

Got Salford interview next Friday and Manchester the Wednesday after 😁😁😁
Fab thanks!

Got Salford interview next Friday and Manchester the Wednesday after 😁😁😁

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Is it weird or a good sign that I haven't heard back from any of my 5 choices yet? I submitted my application in January to Manchester, Keele, Nottingham, Leeds and Northumbria and have seen quite a few of you already have interviews for these unis which has just made me a bit worried. I was wondering if any of you know since I submitted my UCAS slightly later will this have an impact on when I hear results?
I had an interview at the university of Manchester for children's nursing and they said I was on the reserve list. Does anyone know what this means or what my chances are of getting into that uni? :frown:
Reply 1246
Original post by ilylucy
Is it weird or a good sign that I haven't heard back from any of my 5 choices yet? I submitted my application in January to Manchester, Keele, Nottingham, Leeds and Northumbria and have seen quite a few of you already have interviews for these unis which has just made me a bit worried. I was wondering if any of you know since I submitted my UCAS slightly later will this have an impact on when I hear results?

I can only say for Manchester. I applied in January and had a rejection from them after 2/3 weeks so I would take that as a good sign. I only heard back from one of my choices last week. The ones Ive waited longer for have all come with invites to selection days.
Good luck
Reply 1247
Original post by edenmoffatt
I had an interview at the university of Manchester for children's nursing and they said I was on the reserve list. Does anyone know what this means or what my chances are of getting into that uni? :frown:

They only offer places after interview to outstanding candidates. All others go on reserve or receive a rejection. The remainder of places are allocated after all interviews are completed. Usually end of April. Fingers crossed for you
Original post by kjp06
They only offer places after interview to outstanding candidates. All others go on reserve or receive a rejection. The remainder of places are allocated after all interviews are completed. Usually end of April. Fingers crossed for you

Oh thank you! :smile: do you think I have a good chance like? I personally thought the interview went really well!
How soon after did they tell you that you were on the reserve list?
I'm so nervous! Iv never wanted this so much! I applied 9 years ago and didn't get in!
Original post by kjp06
I can only say for Manchester. I applied in January and had a rejection from them after 2/3 weeks so I would take that as a good sign. I only heard back from one of my choices last week. The ones Ive waited longer for have all come with invites to selection days.
Good luck

Awh I'm sorry for rejection, it's just so competitive. So have you heard back from all your choices now?
Original post by ilylucy

I only submitted my application in December and heard about three weeks ago for interview so hopefully yours won't be too long xx Iv done a deffered application though so not sure if that makes a difference
How soon after did they tell you that you were on the reserve list?
I'm so nervous! Iv never wanted this so much! I applied 9 years ago and didn't get in!

9 years? That's a bit much haha I had my interview on Wednesday 24th and heard back on the Friday
Original post by edenmoffatt
9 years? That's a bit much haha I had my interview on Wednesday 24th and heard back on the Friday

Haha yes!

That's the first time! Then I decided to become a psychologist but this is where I know I belong! Xxx
Original post by ilylucy

I have an interview with leeds tomorrow but i havent heard from my other 4 choices either and i've applied to manchester as well. Its so stressful especially with seeing so many people getting offers.. :frown:
Original post by Deede3_
I have an interview with leeds tomorrow but i havent heard from my other 4 choices either and i've applied to manchester as well. Its so stressful especially with seeing so many people getting offers.. :frown:

At least they've not just rejected you, there is still hope xxx

Maybe there just getting through the bulk and will offer more interviews soon x
Original post by ilylucy

I go to a college in Nottingham and my tutor said that last year they were still offering people interviews in April so don't fret my love! There's a few people in my class who have heard back and a few who haven't. However there's still some people who were told a straight no and got rejected straight away! Don't lose hope yet. :smile:
Has anybody received an offer from Chester? I received mine only two days after my interview and it would be lovely to meet other on the course!
At least they've not just rejected you, there is still hope xxx

Maybe there just getting through the bulk and will offer more interviews soon x

Fingers crossed i suppose haha x
Original post by SeeingIsBelieving
Me too. When is your interview?

sorry, I'm only now seeing this! I had my interview last Thursday, I can't handle the waiting now lol. How did yours go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending