The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlottemc1234
I took the gamsat this time but they've not mentioned it and I haven't told them, do you think I should? I'm not sure what I got, I think it was 55?

"Applicants with a 1st/2i honours degree in a non-science subject may be considered for the A100 course if they have taken the Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) and achieved either:- an overall score of 55 or more with a section III score of 58 or more supported by a score of 50 or more in all other sections OR- an overall score of 58 or more with a section III score of 55 or more supported by a score of 50 or more in all other sectionsthese applicants must also take the UKCAT. Allowances will be made for graduates whose A-level grades do not meet the usual criteria, as long as sufficient evidence of academic ability in the sciences is demonstrated."

It says this on their website, don't know much about the GAMSAT as haven't taken it but definitely worth telling them if you meet their requirements
I took the gamsat this time but they've not mentioned it and I haven't told them, do you think I should? I'm not sure what I got, I think it was 55?

I would def tell them about your gamsat. I had to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys! I'll call them Monday about it :smile:
Can anyone who has had an interview confirm for each station did you have two minutes to read the prompt and then three inside the room ?
Guys,

I could a pre-interview rejection. I sent an email asking why and they said they can't give me any feedback. Do you think it would be good to call? or no point? They said the reason is because I didn't achieve the required score for an interview, even though I met there UKCAT score, GCSE's were good and achieved 4As at AS level.

Regards,
Original post by theboss1998
Guys,

I could a pre-interview rejection. I sent an email asking why and they said they can't give me any feedback. Do you think it would be good to call? or no point? They said the reason is because I didn't achieve the required score for an interview, even though I met there UKCAT score, GCSE's were good and achieved 4As at AS level.

Regards,

On the email they said they couldn't give any individual feedback until April I think it was. Read the email again and see?
Original post by Tremerz
On the email they said they couldn't give any individual feedback until April I think it was. Read the email again and see?

Well I thought If I phone them that would be an alternative and they would give me a good reason.
Original post by theboss1998
Well I thought If I phone them that would be an alternative and they would give me a good reason.

Sounds like you didn't score high enough on the R&R form. I'd jwait until April and then ask for feedback on your R&R form.
Does anyone know if Keele do full body dissection? Can't work it out on the website and forgot what they said when I went on the open day
Original post by stephannalee
Does anyone know if Keele do full body dissection? Can't work it out on the website and forgot what they said when I went on the open day

Hello. Yes they do. My son is a first year, and I think they started on week 2 with opening the chest wall.
Interview thank God!!!! Received at 12.28pm 😊
Original post by Tiredofwaiting

Well done! I'm pleased for you :smile:
Original post by Sarah.k.
Can anyone who has had an interview confirm for each station did you have two minutes to read the prompt and then three inside the room ?

No that isn't right. You have a minute to read the scenario and then five in the room with the interviewer I think.. or 4 mins but I think its 5 inside the station. Cant remember properly.
Anyone else heard today?
Original post by Tiredofwaiting

What date is your interview if yoy don't mind me asking? :smile:
Well done! I'm pleased for you :smile:

Thank you so much! I really hope you hear soon too! It's for 15th March :smile:
Anyone who's had an interview, do you have advice for data handling test? I've looked at example one on website but it says the actual one will be different.
Original post by AWatson96
Anyone who's had an interview, do you have advice for data handling test? I've looked at example one on website but it says the actual one will be different.

In my opinion the actual one was harder than the practice one. I don't think there's any way to prepare though unless you're not comfortable with ratios, fractions, conversions etc in which case perhaps it'd be beneficial to recap those :smile:
Best of luck!
Reply 1138
Rejection came through on track. Best of luck to all those waiting especially the omg-i-cant-handle-the-wait crew who have been really supportive lol. To pre interviewees who haven't heard, you shouldn't have too long to wait and the pain will be over soon.
Original post by kc91
Rejection came through on track. Best of luck to all those waiting especially the omg-i-cant-handle-the-wait crew who have been really supportive lol. To pre interviewees who haven't heard, you shouldn't have too long to wait and the pain will be over soon.

Really sorry to hear :frown: hope you have another option and best of luck to you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending