The Student Room Group

Lumps under skin labia majora?

Hi.
I started a new job on Monday with induction on Sunday. I ended up with some really bad chafing on my left inner thigh and a lump under the skin on my right outer labia, close to the vaginal opening.
I slathered on some sudocrem for the chafage and went to sleep. I woke up woth drastically watery yellow discharge (probably due to the sudocrem as I put on a bit too much. No change to smell) and another lump on the left outer labia.
Bevause I had uni all day before work today and yesterday, I decided to not phone the clinic. I have assessments from next week for 3 weeks so attending those classes was really important to me.
More lumps have shown up, I think because I dont get a chance to sit down at work and I walk everywhere and all my work clothes are tight fitting.
The lumps are under the skin, they're irritating but not painful unless touched. They don't really have a colour, the one close to my clitoris is slightly brhised looking.
I'm going to go to the clinic next week, during a time when I dont have class or work. But I wanted to hear what you guys think it might be. I'm hoping they're just sebaceous cysts or swollen nodes.
Reply 1
Ok, quick update, I had a good look at the area just now. They're red. But theyre not really clustered like genital warts. I've been with one person for the past 4 months and he couldn't cheat behind my back.
I'm somewhat overweight and my thighs rub together, which is why I get chafing easily.
Hi :smile:

I think it's just best you go to the clinic. It's likely to be nothing, however if it were to be an STI, it's no big deal anyway. With genital warts- which are really common- you can get the virus and not show symptoms for months, even years. Same with herpes (however this doesn't sound like herpes!). All they'll do is freeze them and they'll go. Warts and herpes are so common because protection can't do anything, as it's skin-to-skin contact that spreads it. Loads of us have probably got it and haven't had symptoms!

Anyway, basically, don't worry and just get checked out. Don't let anyone who isn't a professional scare you either- nobody will know for sure as we aren't professionals and we can't see them! I hope everything is okay :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi :smile:

I think it's just best you go to the clinic. It's likely to be nothing, however if it were to be an STI, it's no big deal anyway. With genital warts- which are really common- you can get the virus and not show symptoms for months, even years. Same with herpes (however this doesn't sound like herpes!). All they'll do is freeze them and they'll go. Warts and herpes are so common because protection can't do anything, as it's skin-to-skin contact that spreads it. Loads of us have probably got it and haven't had symptoms!

Anyway, basically, don't worry and just get checked out. Don't let anyone who isn't a professional scare you either- nobody will know for sure as we aren't professionals and we can't see them! I hope everything is okay :smile:

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to go in Thursday (I'm helping with and doing my own assessment Monday - Wednesday) and get it checked.

Quick Update though: The majority of the spots have gone down and stopped hurting since I started wearing pads and looser clothing and stopped shaving. I have a couple of sore ones (bikini line and on the inner thigh between the vagina and the anus) but they're far enough from the actual vaginal opening that a little Sudocrem isn't going to cause any issues.
From this, I'm pretty sure I'll get told they're cysts or something caused by friction rather than being caused by sex. Which, if I am right, means my boyfriend will be very happy! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the reply! I'm going to go in Thursday (I'm helping with and doing my own assessment Monday - Wednesday) and get it checked.

Quick Update though: The majority of the spots have gone down and stopped hurting since I started wearing pads and looser clothing and stopped shaving. I have a couple of sore ones (bikini line and on the inner thigh between the vagina and the anus) but they're far enough from the actual vaginal opening that a little Sudocrem isn't going to cause any issues.
From this, I'm pretty sure I'll get told they're cysts or something caused by friction rather than being caused by sex. Which, if I am right, means my boyfriend will be very happy! :smile:

Best to post a pic so we can fully understand what you mean.
Reply 5
Original post by Jimib5863

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Jimib5863

Would I not get pulled up for graphic content?
I took a close up photo of the painful ones last night as they're on that annoying dip which you have to break your back to see! Just looks really dry and the spots look like zits!

Quick Reply

Latest