The Student Room Group

Tinder advice

Ok so I had Tinder about a year ago but had very little luck with it (my pictures were rubbish). I had to delete the app because I had an old phone that wouldn't support it.

Now I have it again on my new phone, and I am getting significantly more matches than I previously did but I wonder if anyone could give me some advice.

How long should you chat with someone before asking to meet up for a drink or something? I already asked one girl but I must have jumped the gun because she stopped chatting after I asked (2 days of chatting, the conversation was about pubs so I thought it would be the perfect time).

There are a couple of girls I'm chatting with right now that I actually have stuff in common with and are actually quite funny, so I don't want to scare them off at least until we have met up in real life.

Scroll to see replies

also, why do some girls swipe right and then never respond? I know some could be accidental swipes but why not just unmatch?
Do what I do, just chat with them indefinitely... it's nature's way trust me
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Do what I do, just chat with them indefinitely... it's nature's way trust me

so you just keep chatting and never meet up in real life?
It's a hook up app. If you're interested in knowing their life story before you meet them then ask for their facebook or something. I usually say something like "I think we have x, y, z in common, if you're interested in meeting up for a coffee pop me a text on ####, if not no dramas".

Seems to work about 50% of time getting a date straight away and another 20% getting a date after talking to them via text/phone for a bit. Good luck OP.
Reply 5
Tinder is cancer. Half the girls I end up meeting never text me again after like the third date.
Original post by GUMI
Tinder is cancer. Half the girls I end up meeting never text me again after like the third date.

I have friends who have had some success on it. I need to meet new people and this seems to be my only solution at the moment.
Original post by GUMI

Maybe you're the cancer and Tinder isn't actually too bad.
Reply 8
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
I have friends who have had some success on it. I need to meet new people and this seems to be my only solution at the moment.

Go for it then, I guess its amusing for a while lol
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
so you just keep chatting and never meet up in real life?

yup... there's a very fine chance I might chat for so long and so well that I find my soul mate
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
yup... there's a very fine chance I might chat for so long and so well that I find my soul mate

this is an odd approach to finding your soulmate
All girls are different probably. I don't like spending too long chatting online before meeting them because things can be different irl so I like meeting for a drink pretty quickly.
Original post by shreddingfish92
It's a hook up app. If you're interested in knowing their life story before you meet them then ask for their facebook or something. I usually say something like "I think we have x, y, z in common, if you're interested in meeting up for a coffee pop me a text on ####, if not no dramas".

Seems to work about 50% of time getting a date straight away and another 20% getting a date after talking to them via text/phone for a bit. Good luck OP.

I've decided to try this approach, it is a dating app after all so its best to be to the point so I don't waste my time on anyone who isnt interested

I don't have huge amounts of matches, at least one a day sometimes two.
Original post by Precious Illusions
All girls are different probably. I don't like spending too long chatting online before meeting them because things can be different irl so I like meeting for a drink pretty quickly.

so do you just have a little bit of chit chat about what you are both into and then he asks you to go for a drink?
Chat away. I met my GF on Tinder.
Original post by shreddingfish92

I used basically that exact message and i'm meeting someone next weekend, so thanks

Do you usually keep texting the person, or do you think it's best to just not bother until closer to the time?
Girls are more likely to have a long list of matches - they can pick and choose. I guess they want a "big list" so they don't unmatch.

It really depends on the girl. I usually meet up after 3+ days of talking. Some people have better game and are able to do it within a day. It really comes down to your pictures - if your good looking then you can do all of that.

Are you looking for a relationship or using it for hookups?
(edited 8 years ago)
Tinder is used only by validation whores. You'll rarely get laid off Tinder, unless your game is sick or you are naturally good looking.
Original post by Jimib5863
Tinder is used only by validation whores. You'll rarely get laid off Tinder, unless your game is sick or you are naturally good looking.

lol its all based on pictures. If you have "decent" pictures, you will get matches. Its a matter of keeping a convo going and not being a "creep".
All my close friends use tinder and have met someone so I don't think everyone is meant to be good looking lol
Original post by Aloe_vera_gel
Girls are more likely to have a long list of matches - they can pick and choose. I guess they want a "big list" so they don't unmatch.

It really depends on the girl. I usually meet up after 3+ days of talking. Some people have better game and are able to do it within a day. It really comes down to your pictures - if your good looking then you can do all of that.

Are you looking for a relationship or using it for hookups?

A relationship ideally, hookups would be fine as well but I think you have to be very attractive to be successful at that on Tinder.

I am meeting a girl next weekend so we'll see how that goes. I thought not messaging her between now and then would be fine but one of my friends suggested I text her and continue chatting so now I'm overthinking things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending