The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Anthropology 2016 Entry

I'm sure there are some out there buried in the applications thread but as it has gotten so long...:biggrin:

Has anybody had an offer on Anth or Arch and Anth yet? Applied two months ago and have had offers from UCL, Exeter and Liverpool but am still waiting on Bristol and Durham.

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by sophierabbit
I'm sure there are some out there buried in the applications thread but as it has gotten so long...:biggrin:

Has anybody had an offer on Anth or Arch and Anth yet? Applied two months ago and have had offers from UCL, Exeter and Liverpool but am still waiting on Bristol and Durham.

Hi there!
This info might not be as relevant to you, but I'll share it anyway.
I applied to Bristol for their new course MArts Anthropology with Innovation. Besides having submitted the extra personal statement on Innovation I haven't heard anything. That's about three weeks back.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by mjones96
Hi there!
I applied to Bristol for their new course MArts Anthropology with Innovation. Besides having submitted the extra personal statement on Innovation I haven't heard anything. That's about three weeks back.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

At least I know I'm not the only one. They've had my application for a good couple of months now so I'm assuming that if it were a straight refusal then they would have contacted me by now. However I do appreciate that others have been waiting far longer. :tongue:

Bristol and UCL are my top choices so I'm grateful to have received an offer from one already, but I'm greedy and would relish the luxury of choice!! :biggrin:

Anyway, best of luck and I hope you get an offer!!
Reply 3
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

At least I know I'm not the only one. They've had my application for a good couple of months now so I'm assuming that if it were a straight refusal then they would have contacted me by now. However I do appreciate that others have been waiting far longer. :tongue:

Bristol and UCL are my top choices so I'm grateful to have received an offer from one already, but I'm greedy and would relish the luxury of choice!! :biggrin:

Anyway, best of luck and I hope you get an offer!!

No problem :biggrin: It doesn't seem like many Anthropology hopefuls visit this site, regardless of the university.
I applied to Bristol on 4. January, so not that long ago. I expect that you'll be receiving your decision soon, seeing as you likely applied far earlier than I did. Good luck on that!

And we'll see with my offer...even if I get it, it all depends on the other unis I applied to. I never thought of UCL! Too bad but it's too late now.
Reply 4

Hi, I applied to Durham, Exeter, Bristol, Manchester and St. Andrews in late December, and have received offers from all of them except for St. Andrews. Also I'm not a UK based student, so maybe that's why they were so quick. :smile:
Reply 5
Hi there!

I applied for the same course!!

I submitted my extra PS back in December and still haven't heard anything..

I have offers from my other four unis though (UCL, Durham - allocated Collingwood, Exeter and Kent)
Reply 6
Original post by rachel x
I applied for the same course!!

I submitted my extra PS back in December and still haven't heard anything..

I have offers from my other four unis though (UCL, Durham - allocated Collingwood, Exeter and Kent)

Hey there!
Didn't think I'd find anyone who'd applied to the course....so it's cool that you found my comment :smile: (I received an offer from Exeter as well, actually! BA Anthropology?)

Bristol does seem to be taking its time, but then I only applied a month ago. Whether I receive an offer or not, though, I just hope that Brexit doesn't nip my uni plans in the bud. I am, alas, a poor EU applicant.
Reply 7
Hey there!
Didn't think I'd find anyone who'd applied to the course....so it's cool that you found my comment :smile: (I received an offer from Exeter as well, actually! BA Anthropology?)

Bristol does seem to be taking its time, but then I only applied a month ago. Whether I receive an offer or not, though, I just hope that Brexit doesn't nip my uni plans in the bud. I am, alas, a poor EU applicant.

BSc actually :/

That's gonna be my first vote actually! I haven't decided which way to go yet though...
Reply 8
Heyy,

Does anyone around here have an offer from UCL for anthropology with a year abroad?
Received mine earlier this week XD
Reply 9
Original post by eggelmoo
Heyy,

Does anyone around here have an offer from UCL for anthropology with a year abroad?
Received mine earlier this week XD

I do! Got it back in December :smile:
Original post by rachel x
I do! Got it back in December :smile:

Do you think you'll firm UCL? I've got an offer for straight Anth, no year abroad, and think it'll be my firm.
Do you think you'll firm UCL? I've got an offer for straight Anth, no year abroad, and think it'll be my firm.

It's between UCL and Durham still but there's a good chance I'll firm UCL over Durham :smile:
Has anybody else heard anything?

I heard from Durham and was offered a place. 4/5, not bad. :biggrin:

Just Bristol now...
hi has everyone heard from UCL? I'm still waiting, got offers from durham, Manchester and SOAS, just UCL now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest