The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Never said that match going fans were more clued up than non-match going fans. If that was the case AFTV wouldn't be full of autism and nonces.

I've told you why not. SAF has a far superior managerial record than Wenger at United. People bang on about Arsene's consistency, saying that finishing 4th every year is a great achievement and makes him a great manager. If that's the case then SAF's consistency in winning the league 13 times of the 21 PL seasons he managed United for makes him a much better manager than Wenger.

You know you've lost the argument when you have to stray off topic to make a point. We were talking about between 1997-2005, the period when Wenger wasn't so shackled, and so your entire second paragraph is useless. Now? Wenger's time is up, as I said before. I gave him until the end of this season to prove that he's still got it but it doesn't look like we'll be the ones who end up lifting the league title.
You can't even compare Wenger to SAF. I'm sorry but no way. Wenger is an all time great no doubt, and he's added so much to English football.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AliRizzo
You know you've lost the argument when you have to stray off topic to make a point. We were talking about between 1997-2005, the period when Wenger wasn't so shackled, and so your entire second paragraph is useless. Now? Wenger's time is up, as I said before. I gave him until the end of this season to prove that he's still got it but it doesn't look like we'll be the ones who end up lifting the league title.

Ffs. SAF won more than Wenger in that period. He was a better manager then.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Ffs. SAF won more than Wenger in that period. He was a better manager then.

Ffs. Did I say he wasn't? This is legit a serious case of autism. You're arguing against me using things I literally have not said. I said it was wrong of you to try and suggest there's a massive gulf between the two. Fergie won slightly more than Wenger did and had the finances to back it. End.
Original post by AliRizzo
Ffs. Did I say he wasn't? This is legit a serious case of autism. You're arguing against me using things I literally have not said. I said it was wrong of you to try and suggest there's a massive gulf between the two. Fergie won slightly more than Wenger did and had the finances to back it. End.

There was a pretty significant gulf. Whatever. Like you've said, I have homework to do.
2005-06: CL final was his excuse
2006-07: League Cup final was his excuse
2007-08: "Tapping ups" was his excuse
2008-09: Stadium debt was his excuse
(same for the next four seasons)
2013-14: FA Cup win/ending the trophy drought was his excuse
2014-15: Same as before
2015-16: Any more excuses? Regardless of whether the FA Cup is won, Wenger has simply proven that he isn't on the same level as Sir Alex.
The fact that SAF won the league with Cleverly and Anderson as a midfield pairing (2012) proves he's a better manager than Wenger. Wenger has never got exceptional things out of average players, SAF did regularly. My personal highlight being O'shea turning into Messi whenever we played them...
Original post by Rk2k14
@swirly
Shades of Nas vs Jay Z beef or is this more Chipmunk vs Yungen?

strong copying of my banter
Original post by Pete_91
The fact that SAF won the league with Cleverly and Anderson as a midfield pairing (2012) proves he's a better manager than Wenger. Wenger has never got exceptional things out of average players, SAF did regularly. My personal highlight being O'shea turning into Messi whenever we played them...

I thought it was more Carrick-Cleverley, Anderson didn't get a look in since that 6-1...
The fact Leicester have put up a stronger title challenge than Arsenal in the last 10 years speaks volumes.
Ali's embarassing himself lol
brb head to head is more important than actual trophies won
brb discussing United's trophies from 97-05 and forgetting the ****ing treble
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by al_94
My friend I do not consider Man Utd to be a top club at all nor Leicester or Spurs we are competing with all clubs in Europe for signings and don't forget RVP went to UTD they were paying him 250K much more than at Arsenal

Please tell me the criteria by which Arsenal are a top club but United aren't, and Leicester and Spurs aren't... If the latter two aren't (I agree) then it must not be about the present, in which case United quite clearly are.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
I thought it was more Carrick-Cleverley, Anderson didn't get a look in since that 6-1...

Fair point, but either way they had utter dross in that team and won the title at a canter.

Wenger only does well when he has the best team on paper. I don't think we've ever won a trophy we weren't favourites for under him. Maybe the very first title, but that's it.
Original post by difeo
Please tell me the criteria by which Arsenal are a top club but United aren't, and Leicester and Spurs aren't... If the latter two aren't (I agree) then it must not be about the present, in which case United quite clearly are.

Arsenal are not a top club I've said that before
discgrace today. all the players should be ashamed of themselves.
Original post by al_94
Arsenal are not a top club I've said that before

Original post by al_94
Arsenal pay the lowest salary of the top clubs

Spoiler

There's absolutely no excuse this year. Out of all competitions bar FA Cup early, needing 2.1 points per game to win the league with all 3 teams that finished in the top 4 with us last year playing ****.I don't buy the whole "if Arsenal don't win the league this year they never will", but if Arsene can't win it this year then he never will and needs to go
If Liverpool win today, their last three trophies will have been won on penalties. We won our last three FA Cups, first on penalties, then in extra time, then in 90 minutes
Reply 4818
Original post by Pete_91
Have we been diabolical since we lost Cazorla? Can't believe we're that dependent on him as a DLP that everything has fallen apart since...

Lol I said Cazorla was more vital than Ramsey ages ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pellegrini to replace Wenger?

Latest