The Student Room Group

TSR crushes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by steph-carys
Omd... so seizure face?

I looooooove long hair on guys:flutter:

I had it almost to nipples and then shaved it all off. I then gave myself a no guard buzz cut once a week for a few years and now I have been growing it again for a few months. Not certain if I will follow through with it or shave it off soon as generally work professional jobs.
I think social media takes so much of the fun out of dating. I'd love to just get to know someone really special in person. Hopefully, if I ever find the right one and get married, I don't want to look back on our early days and remember a cute conversation we had on facebook.

Same. My friends are getting engaged/buying houses with their gfs and i'm very much single still.

I need to get back dating again, it's really difficult to meet people without using social media.
Original post by ByronicHero
I had it almost to nipples and then shaved it all off. I then gave myself a no guard buzz cut once a week for a few years and now I have been growing it again for a few months. Not certain if I will follow through with it or shave it off soon as generally work professional jobs.

Buuuuuuuut long hair is just so badass... you can headbang and look like a mystical LOTR character :biggrin:
Original post by MountKimbie
Same. My friends are getting engaged/buying houses with their gfs and i'm very much single still.

I need to get back dating again, it's really difficult to meet people without using social media.

I agree. I'm hoping that when I go to uni it'll be easier to date w/o much use of social media...
I agree. I'm hoping that when I go to uni it'll be easier to date w/o much use of social media...

I'm at uni, a really big uni with thousands of students and I'm still struggling haha! Oh well. Best not to stress over it
Buuuuuuuut long hair is just so badass... you can headbang and look like a mystical LOTR character :biggrin:

I loved having it, it was fantastic for attracting girls because the ones who like it REALLY LIKE IT. But I just got sick of taking care of it all the time so I started wearing it tied back very often and eventually just couldn't be bothered anymore. I feel like Samson though, I lost my power when it was cut :lol:
I'm at uni, a really big uni with thousands of students and I'm still struggling haha! Oh well. Best not to stress over it

Oh dear... well, I'm sure you'll meet someone eventually who is really nice and has similar ideas about traditional dating :tongue: and true! It'll happen!
I loved having it, it was fantastic for attracting girls because the ones who like it REALLY LIKE IT. But I just got sick of taking care of it all the time so I started wearing it tied back very often and eventually just couldn't be bothered anymore. I feel like Samson though, I lost my power when it was cut :lol:

I can completely agree with that, because I know what I'm like when I see a man with long hair (that can pull it off). Makes me all weak hahaha

Awh, sad times :C what profession are you in, if you don't mind me asking?
Oh dear... well, I'm sure you'll meet someone eventually who is really nice and has similar ideas about traditional dating :tongue: and true! It'll happen!

I do enjoy being single, it is fun but I'm 25 next year. I am interested in something a bit more serious now...
I can completely agree with that, because I know what I'm like when I see a man with long hair (that can pull it off). Makes me all weak hahaha

Awh, sad times :C what profession are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

I typically work in recruitment.
I do enjoy being single, it is fun but I'm 25 next year. I am interested in something a bit more serious now...

How come you're still at uni? :redface: is your course particularly long or did you start relatively late?

I understand, I'm only 18 so it's not serious at all for me right now:u:
I typically work in recruitment.

Oh okay, well I understand why you would want to look professional then :tongue:
Oh okay, well I understand why you would want to look professional then :tongue:

Yep, alas. I think it is nonsense but image is important :rolleyes:
How come you're still at uni? :redface: is your course particularly long or did you start relatively late?

I understand, I'm only 18 so it's not serious at all for me right now:u:

I started late, changed courses, did a bit of travelling here and there, and then unfortunately have a resit year due to a family emergency.

So here I am, miles behind everyone else in pretty much every aspect of my life. No rush though.

Ahh 18, what a great age to be.
Yep, alas. I think it is nonsense but image is important :rolleyes:

Totally, I mean I think it's ridiculous for long hair on men to be considered unprofessional, and it's just a shame that others don't share the same view :/

If women can have long hair at work, so should men...
Totally, I mean I think it's ridiculous for long hair on men to be considered unprofessional, and it's just a shame that others don't share the same view :/

If women can have long hair at work, so should men...

Exactly! Plus you should see some of the things women I have worked with have worn :rolleyes:
I started late, changed courses, did a bit of travelling here and there, and then unfortunately have a resit year due to a family emergency.

So here I am, miles behind everyone else in pretty much every aspect of my life. No rush though.

Ahh 18, what a great age to be.

That is difficult. Sorry to hear about that :/ I'm sure once you've finished uni and start working it'll be better because you'll be around people who are at a similar point in life.

And I think it should be. It's a shame I spend most of the time indoors, worrying about trying to get into uni :frown:
Exactly! Plus you should see some of the things women I have worked with have worn :rolleyes:

I dread to think :/ it's actually become increasingly apparent to me how sexist work dress codes can be, for instance, the male teachers at my school have to wear ties and blazers at all times, and yet some of the women just roll up to work in jeans and leggings...
I dread to think :/ it's actually become increasingly apparent to me how sexist work dress codes can be, for instance, the male teachers at my school have to wear ties and blazers at all times, and yet some of the women just roll up to work in jeans and leggings...

It is similar, but not as extreme, in many offices. Women can wear more of less whatever they like while men must wear a suit, sometimes specifically a black, blue or grey one and occasionally with company ties.
My lips are sealed :noway:

incidentally, why do we always have a crush thread almost every two weeks :giggle:

Quick Reply

Latest