The Student Room Group

HELP with gcses and alevels...

Gcses are good
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
maybe, highly depends on A-levels

Also, Oxford and Cambridge are not the only 2 universities in the world.
Reply 2
I think they'd be considered on the low end of the spectrum, but GCSEs alone would not rule you out of Oxford. Though you'd stand a better chance at Cambridge who focus on AS UMS rather than GCSEs.
Reply 3
oh and also, to answer your question about good A-levels, have a look at their list of facilitating subjects :smile:

good luck!
Original post by Zoro555
Hi there i just wanted to know whether or not the following gcses are good enough to get into oxford. I am aware that alevels are more important, but i am just wondering so far if my gcses would be good enough. Thank you very much.
GCSE'S (predicated and mock grades)
Maths-A*
English Language- A*
Biology-B
Chemistry-B
Physics-B
English Literature-B
Business Studies-A*
IT-A*
History-A
Geography-A*
Also could i please have any recommendations for alevels which would look good for oxford.

What subject do you want to do at Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Realistically, you want to eliminate all chances of a B for Oxford University from what I have read. So I guess it's time to work, work and work.

Edit: spelling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
You need all A*/A for Oxford but if you don't get them there are a lot of other good universities around.
Egos...
Original post by Zoro555
Hi there i just wanted to know whether or not the following gcses are good enough to get into oxford. I am aware that alevels are more important, but i am just wondering so far if my gcses would be good enough. Thank you very much.
GCSE'S (predicated and mock grades)
Maths-A*
English Language- A*
Biology-B
Chemistry-B
Physics-B
English Literature-B
Business Studies-A*
IT-A*
History-A
Geography-A*
Also could i please have any recommendations for alevels which would look good for oxford.

Rather depends on what you want to study at Oxford.
Hello there. Oxford and Cambridge do not have any specific GCSE entry requirements although the most of their students have A*/A majority; go to this link https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1067/~/what-gcse-results-do-i-need-to-get-into-oxford%3F . So my advice for GCSE would be to try to get as little Bs as possible and get the As and A*s. For A-Levels you're looking at at least AAA but preferably A*AA in your three A-Levels and if I was you I would do Maths, History and English Lang for A-Level because they go well together and you appear yo be good at them. With those subjects you have so many options open regarding your degree options.

Good luck with your GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest