The Student Room Group

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hussamhussam
hundreds of thousands of refugees are suffering and dieing no thanks to Western interventions

A lot of good posts on this thread. It's a shame that the OP isn't one of them.
Original post by queen-bee
Like many other countries around the world

That doesn't negate or mitigate the point made by MrsSheldonCooper.
Original post by Hydeman
That doesn't negate or mitigate the point made by MrsSheldonCooper.

Knew you would turn up and start white knighting :mmm:
Like many other countries around the world

Yes but the Arab culture has the reputation of the one as being the more sexist and misogynistic one.
Knew you would turn up

I barely talk to you these days... :erm:

and start white knighting :mmm:

What does that mean? :holmes:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yes but the Arab culture has the reputation of the one as being the more sexist and misogynistic one.

My mother has never suffered misogyny nor any of her female relatives. But it's like that with other countries,it's not just an Arab thing tho is it? So before you comment on other people's culture,ask yourself,is your own culture perfect
Original post by Hydeman
I barely talk to you these days... :erm:

What does that mean? :holmes:

Missing me already by the sounds of it :wink:

You know what it mean. Yallah
My mother has never suffered misogyny nor any of her female relatives. But it's like that with other countries,it's not just an Arab thing tho is it? So before you comment on other people's culture,ask yourself,is your own culture perfect

Lmao I never said my culture was a perfect one.

Wasn't your mother born and raised in Germany though? How often did she go back to Syria?
What's white at the top and brown/black at the bottom?

...SOCIETY

--

Powerful white people in charge care more about their domesticated animals than people of colour. Please don't reply to me.
Lmao I never said my culture was a perfect one.

Wasn't your mother born and raised in Germany though? How often did she go back to Syria?

So what if she was born in Germany? Arabs don't leave their culture at home,I'm sure some still practice it wherever thy live. So by your logic,my mum would've been subject to oppression by her male relatives.
Missing me already by the sounds of it :wink:

Nope. :tongue:

You know what it mean. Yallah

I had to look it up. :sigh: And no, I wasn't white knighting there -- I just wanted to respond to what you'd said and implied about human rights.
So what if she was born in Germany? Arabs don't leave their culture at home,I'm sure some still practice it wherever thy live. So by your logic,my mum would've been subject to oppression by her male relatives.

Your mum grew up in a Western society. I'm talking about girls who were born and raised in the Middle East.

Look it up yourself,women in the Middle East are discouraged from going out at night because of the fear of being raped and assaulted. That's got to do with culture obviously.
In Arab cultures,most of the time, women are advised to cover up.

You can't deny though, Arab countries are a terrible place if you're a woman.
Your mum grew up in a Western society. I'm talking about girls who were born and raised in the Middle East.

Look it up yourself,women in the Middle East are discouraged from going out at night because of the fear of being raped and assaulted. That's got to do with culture obviously.
In Arab cultures,most of the time, women are advised to cover up.

Maybe in the villages but women dress however they want in cities and don't fear getting raped. Stop believing everything you read online and actually go and explore the world yourself
You can't deny though, Arab countries are a terrible place if you're a woman.

It depends where in Arabia you mean. This is very true in Saudi Arabia, where I grew up, but I'm not sure this is as true in Lebanon, although I'll admit that's something of an exception to the rule.
Maybe in the villages but women dress however they want in cities and don't fear getting raped. Stop believing everything you read online and actually go and explore the world yourself

Why on earth are you ignoring the fact that Arab countries have terrible human rights records though? You seem overly patriotic about Syria and Arabs.

Original post by Hydeman
It depends where in Arabia you mean. This is very true in Saudi Arabia, where I grew up, but I'm not sure this is as true in Lebanon, although I'll admit that's something of an exception to the rule in Arabia.

I know in Lebanon and Jordan it isn't that bad though. I'm talking about others.
Why on earth are you ignoring the fact that Arab countries have terrible human rights records though?

I know in Lebanon and Jordan it isn't that bad though. I'm talking about others.

I haven't. The issue I have is you specifically attributing to just 'Arab culture' not that you seem to know much tbh
Aren't human refugees rescued daily in the Aegean?
I haven't. The issue I have is you specifically attributing to just 'Arab culture' not that you seem to know much tbh

Not much? They have great food.

Their attitude to women I know about. Too well.
Original post by GreenOut
Please don't reply to me.

Hi.
Original post by Foo.mp3
For sure, but many of them are not, strictly speaking, (100%) ethnically Arab, and my comment primarily pertains to Black African, naturally

Please name these cities

Beirut,Damascus,Amman etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending