The Student Room Group

Stretch marks

What are your opinions on them? Do they bother you or disgust you?
Would stretch marks put you off someone?
For something so common, they are hardly talked about.

Scroll to see replies

Personally, I dont see problem with them. But that may just be because I have them and I like reassuring myself when I feel insecure. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
I have some near my armpit/chest and around biceps. Also inside of thighs. Can't really seem them and if anything im proud of them.

I don't necessarily find them unattractive on partners and they've never put me off before.
Reply 3
They don't bother me at all and they fade eventually too so they aren't anything worth fussing over. We all get them at some point anyway.
I have some stretch marks on just above my right side of my chest near the front of my shoulder and i have more stretch marks on my left shoulder, like on top and i have a ton of weird stretch mark on my inner thighs.....
Original post by FabAbs
I have some near my armpit/chest and around biceps. Also inside of thighs. Can't really seem them and if anything im proud of them.

I don't necessarily find them unattractive on partners and they've never put me off before.

Same, biceps and inner thighs.

I'm proud of mine. Growth, innit.
Reply 6
What do they even look like? Is it only pregnant women who get them?
Original post by lustawny
What do they even look like? Is it only pregnant women who get them?

:facepalm:

Are you serious??
I have them on my thighs,my ass and my belly.

The ones on my belly disgust me. The rest aren't as bad because they're fading.
Reply 9
Original post by F.Nietzsche
:facepalm:

Are you serious??

Er, yeah? I don't even know what they look like.
I see nothing wrong with them, they're very common and they mostly fade with time.
I'm learning to love my stretch marks.
Original post by lustawny
Er, yeah? I don't even know what they look like.

Anything from this...

to this....

I think the latter is very rare.
Reply 13
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Anything from this...

to this....

I think the latter is very rare.

Surely Photoshop was used in the second??

It looks like a ritual.

But on topic, I don't care at all about the fine lines like in the first picture. It is a bit off putting if they look anything like the second.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a couple of pretty deep reddish ones at the front of each armpit. I really don't like them but what are you gonna do..
I had some but used coca butter and most of it has faded after about 3 years
Original post by *Stefan*

It looks like a ritual.

But on topic, I don't care at all about the fine lines like in the first picture. It is a bit off putting if they look anything like the second.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, it's from the mayo clinic so it's a real picture. I couldn't believe it as well.

It looks like a ritual.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think so (re photoshop), I believe it's perfectly possible (though rare) to have some that end up like that.

Those like the latter look incredibly gross and offputting IMO.
Reply 18
Original post by Inexorably
Don't think so (re photoshop), I believe it's perfectly possible (though rare) to have some that end up like that.

Those like the latter look incredibly gross and offputting IMO.

That is just sad though, considering there is no way to treat this.
That is just sad though, considering there is no way to treat this.

Yeah it is definitely saddening, I have some stretch marks myself and I always hate the fact that I know I can't do anything to get rid of them.

However they do fade with time and they can get to a point where they're hard to see without focusing hard, and there are some treatments (though none would be funded via the NHS unless there was a vital reason) which can also help reduce the appearance.

Quick Reply