The Student Room Group

What counts as 'flaking'?

What counts as flaking on friends/family/bf's/gf's? Is it when you cancel at the last minute like an hour beforehand for a small event or the night before for a big one? Or does it include saying you won't be able to come even if it's a good few days before the event? Or even when a person doesn't show up for a planned event?
from urban dictionary: "Flaking. 1. To bail out of something at the last minute 2. To break a contract, verbal or written 3. To lie about a previously made agreement."
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
from urban dictionary: "Flaking. 1. To bail out of something at the last minute 2. To break a contract, verbal or written 3. To lie about a previously made agreement."

that could mean literally anything. I mean in the context of young people making plans, not contracts and agreements
Original post by tootles44
that could mean literally anything. I mean in the context of young people making plans, not contracts and agreements

read the first definition. It is literally what you wrote on the OP.
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
read the first definition. It is literally what you wrote on the OP.

oh okay got it :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by tootles44
What counts as flaking on friends/family/bf's/gf's? Is it when you cancel at the last minute like an hour beforehand for a small event or the night before for a big one? Or does it include saying you won't be able to come even if it's a good few days before the event? Or even when a person doesn't show up for a planned event?
You tried to use my name :unimpressed: :h:

Can't say my family's big enough to know much about this. As far as friends go, it's only happened with people who generally are forgetful/blah anyway, so it's not something I think about much anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending