The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Would Warwick give me an offer?

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
People get in with triple B's. People tend to also avoid answering questions like these too because no one knows, and sometimes the OP just uses it to flare up their grades. Someone could be rejected with all A*s and someone with less could be accepted.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Don Joiner
Hoping to apply in October for the L100 Economics course.
At GCSE I got 10A*s, this year I am predicted AAAA in Maths Economics Geography and French and at A2 I'm predicted A*A*A*.
I will also take up AS Further Maths in year 13.
I have some decent extra-curricular a etc

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a very solid chance, I got ABBD at AS and am predicted AAB at A2 and I got an offer from them, so you seem pretty likely to receive an offer
At GCSE I got 10A*s, this year I am predicted AAAA in Maths Economics Geography and French and at A2 I'm predicted A*A*A*.

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing like a 'I've got the best grades I could have possibly got and couldn't have done any better... Will I get in?' post...

Seriously? What do you bloody think?! You've done the most you can so yes, you have a shot. You've given us nothing to think otherwise so what did you really expect us to say?? Stop glory hunting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by KaylaB
You have a very solid chance, I got ABBD at AS and am predicted AAB at A2 and I got an offer from them, so you seem pretty likely to receive an offer

Thanks for replying! Did you apply for economics or another course?
All the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks for replying! Did you apply for economics or another course?
All the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Chemistry, I know Chemistry is quite a bit less competitive than Economics but their standard entry requirement for economics is A*AA, so I assume with A*A*A* they'd give you an offer
Original post by LordAbi
People get in with triple B's. People tend to also avoid answering questions like these too because no one knows, and sometimes the OP just uses it to flare up their grades. Someone could be rejected with all A*s and someone with less could be accepted.

you can get in Warwick with B's? 👀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

No school will predict A level grades, particuarly A*s, until you get your AS results -
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
No school will predict A level grades, particuarly A*s, until you get your AS results -

This is correct hence I disliked OPs post and choice of wording. It's another one of those "I have amazing grades, look at my grades omg" posts. Clearly if you are predicted the highest grades possible In all your subjects, and the fact you have to ask others if you'll get in should IMHO make you think if Warwick is for you or if you'd fit better at Coventry.

As for kaylaB I'm a chemist and I got in with decent grades. Not all As and A*'s. In fact I even got in without maths and physics. So goes to show.
Reply 9
Original post by Slim Shady 96
you can get in Warwick with B's? 👀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I know a handful. Albeit they are doing BAs not BSc.
Reply 10
Original post by LordAbi
This is correct hence I disliked OPs post and choice of wording. It's another one of those "I have amazing grades, look at my grades omg" posts. Clearly if you are predicted the highest grades possible In all your subjects, and the fact you have to ask others if you'll get in should IMHO make you think if Warwick is for you or if you'd fit better at Coventry.

As for kaylaB I'm a chemist and I got in with decent grades. Not all As and A*'s. In fact I even got in without maths and physics. So goes to show.

Your argument is riddled with fallacies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Your argument is riddled with fallacies

Posted from TSR Mobile

And that is your opinion.
Original post by LordAbi
And that is your opinion.

You're very obnoxious
guys i got 6 A*s at A level will I get in to do sociology? The typical offer is AAB but idk though :frown: pls help
Reply 14
Original post by Bobjim12
guys i got 6 A*s at A level will I get in to do sociology? The typical offer is AAB but idk though :frown: pls help

Exactly. So to call me obnoxious is ignorance. But, that is my opinion :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest