The Student Room Group

I think he'll never say he loves me?

Scroll to see replies

He does sometimes look at me really fondly and go "you're awesome" or "you're incredible" and I just want to say "I love you" but I always get too nervous.

When is the best time to say this? After a few drinks? After sex?

I don't know why I'm nervous about this, I've had 3 long term relationships before.
Reply 21
Did you say it already? The girl has to say it first, in before 'that's stupid, but I still waited for him to ask me out'
Original post by whorace
Did you say it already? The girl has to say it first, in before 'that's stupid, but I still waited for him to ask me out'

No I haven't said it.

That's also another reason why I don't want to say it first- I was the one who made the first move and kissed him and told him I was interested. Then he asked me once if we wanted to make it officially a relationship and I said I wasn't ready, then I asked him to make it official when I was ready. So I don't have the confidence to make ALL the moves!
Original post by whorace

Why do you think the girl should say it first?
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
Why do you think the girl should say it first?

It's one of those unwritten conventions, women being considered the more emotionally expressive should say those words first. I think it's stupid, it's still a thing though.
Original post by samina_ay
"If that boy dont love you right now, he'll never ever, never ever, love you" Credit to Ciara

off topic but your pic is so pretty!!
Reply 26
Bruh, let the guy have a breather. It's only been 6 months, and for him at 30 he probably had relationships that lasted more years than you spent at uni and secondary school combined! Leave it and don't pressure him, one day he'll surprise you with it. For now, at least give him the satisfaction he deserves for still caring and being with you.
Original post by BrokenLife
Some men just don't express their feelings. Its a REAL pain. Like just say it! What's so wrong in showing affection towards another?

Obviously nothing, but it doesn't come naturally to some people.
When do you think the best time to tell him is?
Original post by Dnkz7
Bruh, let the guy have a breather. It's only been 6 months, and for him at 30 he probably had relationships that lasted more years than you spent at uni and secondary school combined! Leave it and don't pressure him, one day he'll surprise you with it. For now, at least give him the satisfaction he deserves for still caring and being with you.

She's been giving him enough of a breather, she can't even express her feelings because she's scared to.

But I agree when he does say it it's going to be much more satisfying .:rave:
Original post by defenestrated
off topic but your pic is so pretty!!

Thank you. Credit to the filter and lighting :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by xobeauty
She's been giving him enough of a breather, she can't even express her feelings because she's scared to.

But I agree when he does say it it's going to be much more satisfying .:rave:

There shouldn't be a time limit when he can say 'I love you' - it should be when he feels ready and probably he wants to take time to know her properly before he says something like that. He respects the value of the word and doesn't want to regret what he says if things turn sour down the line.

He deserves my respect for that. Real MvP :cool:
Original post by Dnkz7
There shouldn't be a time limit when he can say 'I love you' - it should be when he feels ready and probably he wants to take time to know her properly before he says something like that. He respects the value of the word and doesn't want to regret what he says if things turn sour down the line.

He deserves my respect for that. Real MvP :cool:

Ooooo I love this post.
Reply 33
Original post by xobeauty
Ooooo I love this post.

You can read many more if you keep repping the way your doin at the moment girl. Keep goin :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating this guy for 6 months. I'm 23 and he's 30 and I've been in love with him for about 2 months now. We're really good together, haven't argued, accept each other for who we are, have a good time together. He takes care of me if I'm ill, takes me out with him, holds me and kisses me on the cheek or forehead randomly if we're sitting next to each other. I know he's into me but I just don't know how much.

But then when he's with his friends they were just having a conversation about how feelings are stupid and they don't "do" feelings.

I don't want to tell him I love him, have it be rejected, and then potentially ruin our relationship.

Any opinions?

I love you, how about that babe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending