The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Henderson overrated, shouldn't have became captain imo. Can't even step-up to take the 1st pen.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Strange that our primary penno takers didn't go up first. Coutinho's always been **** at penalties, Lallana looks fragile (and weak) as ****, Lucas doesn't fill me with the most confidence either. Even Can I wouldn't exactly back 10 times out of 10.

We've had a damn good time with shootouts through our history, not that bothered. Bit annoyed because now we don't have an easy rebuttal to morons who'll point to our league position as an indicator of Klopp's quality.

Yea I would've thought Milner, Henderson and Sturridge were first choice to take one..
Original post by Zerforax
Yea I would've thought Milner, Henderson and Sturridge were first choice to take one..

Sturridge is terrible at pens and wouldn't be confident enough to take one.
Milner will surely have been 5th.

Henderson as captain should've really stepped up. Not a nice thing to say but I've been doubting him as captain for a little while. Sometimes I question whether he's good enough to be in our side consistently like Gerrard was.
He still has time and we've seen how excellently he has progressed, however I occasionally have my doubts.
Although I don't think the stutter step penalty is the best approach, obviously it works for some, but ffs surely when you give it a pause like that with your body angle suggesting you're going to kick it towards the left (keepers perspective) and keeper starts to move that way, you don't....kick it right there.

Still though very close, I honestly thought before the game city were going to win by a 2 goal margin.
Thought you played well and should have nicked it at the end of ET. Always favoured City on pens and their quality shone through. Worried about the effect this will have on the league game though, they'll be more confident of their chances now.
Original post by Lúcio
Sturridge is terrible at pens and wouldn't be confident enough to take one.
Milner will surely have been 5th.

Henderson as captain should've really stepped up. Not a nice thing to say but I've been doubting him as captain for a little while. Sometimes I question whether he's good enough to be in our side consistently like Gerrard was.
He still has time and we've seen how excellently he has progressed, however I occasionally have my doubts.

I;m probably just assuming since he's a striker he'd be good. He had cramp or something which wouldn't have helped either. Maybe it was Henderson's heel problem which meant Klopp/he didnt volunteer?

He'd still be my first choice CM in our squad. The heel problem is really affect his game which is a shame.
Well I did tell you, you weren't gna win the COC. City really should have won it comfortably in normal time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Well I did tell you, you weren't gna win the COC. City really should have won it comfortably in normal time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on man, don't act like you're some kind of prophet for predicting an obviously superior side to win a game.
I agree that they had plenty of chances and we rode our luck. However we could've won it in ET. They won on penalties.

I have great respect for Kompany in the post-match interview. He said that you never want to win it on penalties; it's the most unfair way to win a game. City won the game and will go away with the Silverware and in a few years, many non-Liverpool fans will forget we were finalists.

Mock us if you like but I couldn't care less. Always disappointing to lose but the lads should be proud of their performance, especially Lucas.

Best thing we can do is sing our heart out at Anfield and get some revenge next week.
Original post by AliRizzo
Thought you played well and should have nicked it at the end of ET. Always favoured City on pens and their quality shone through. Worried about the effect this will have on the league game though, they'll be more confident of their chances now.

I think they will batter us on Wednesday
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456688767.293372.jpg

Kompany really is a good guy. One of the most respectful players I've ever seen and he has immense quality to match it.

Nice to see Pellegrini win a trophy in his last season. He has been treated terribly and (although it's at the expense of Liverpool) I'm really glad he has some silverware to end his management at City.

It's players/managers like that which make it hard for me to dislike City.
Kompany has really made a difference to their defence although they congested the centre and forced us outwide where we have little quality in. A Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge attack has no width really, we really need a quality winger.

Agree with Lucio, I like Pelligrini and thought he was treated harshly. Glad that he atleast won a trophy and can leave City with his head held high after a difficult season.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456688767.293372.jpg

Kompany really is a good guy. One of the most respectful players I've ever seen and he has immense quality to match it.

Nice to see Pellegrini win a trophy in his last season. He has been treated terribly and (although it's at the expense of Liverpool) I'm really glad he has some silverware to end his management at City.

It's players/managers like that which make it hard for me to dislike City.

Agreed, top class from him to commiserate the Liverpool players before celebrating.
Original post by AliRizzo
Agreed, top class from him to commiserate the Liverpool players before celebrating.

That's what I really like in a player or manager. He doesn't have to do it, he wants to.
He understands how it feels to lose in a tournament. If you win the trophy, you'll have time to celebrate for the next year.

If your opponents push you that far, it's a real class act to show respect to them. Especially in a modern game where the word has little meaning anymore.
Caballero didn't give a f*ck about the Sky Sports cameras at the end. Bloke just wanted to go mad. Fair play.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Caballero didn't give a f*ck about the Sky Sports cameras at the end. Bloke just wanted to go mad. Fair play.

Best moment of his career and it probably won't get any better.

The guy was touted as the weak link in the build up and has been living in Hart's shadow for an age. For him to be the hero and have the spotlight is something he'll never forget.

Fair play to City. I never like to see us lose to a rival but I can tolerate losing to them the most. Maybe it's the added effect of them not having many fans on TSR.
Original post by Lúcio
Come on man, don't act like you're some kind of prophet for predicting an obviously superior side to win a game.
I agree that they had plenty of chances and we rode our luck. However we could've won it in ET. They won on penalties.

I have great respect for Kompany in the post-match interview. He said that you never want to win it on penalties; it's the most unfair way to win a game. City won the game and will go away with the Silverware and in a few years, many non-Liverpool fans will forget we were finalists.

Mock us if you like but I couldn't care less. Always disappointing to lose but the lads should be proud of their performance, especially Lucas.

Best thing we can do is sing our heart out at Anfield and get some revenge next week.

Huh? Stop being bitter. All I said was that you had no chance to win the COC and yet you kept saying you had a chance. Rival fans taking the piss is part and parcel of football. The same will happen when we knock you out the EL :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm annoyed that Henderson didn't come up for a penalty. To be the so called captain of Liverpool and not have the balls in a final to take a penalty is something. Ok he has a heel problem but so what, if it was Gerrard with a broken leg he'd still volunteer. Pathetic from our captain and vice captain. Also, Milner's set pieces will give me cancer, ****ing hell are they ****.

Fair play to City, overall they deserved to win and especially during the penalties where Caballero was fabulous and the City players didn't faff around.

As in life you win some and lose some. I am absolutely gutted though.
Huh? Stop being bitter. All I said was that you had no chance to win the COC and yet you kept saying you had a chance. Rival fans taking the piss is part and parcel of football. The same will happen when we knock you out the EL :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that it went to penalties meant we did have a chance to win it? :s-smilie:
I thought Milner was excellent. Sloppy set pieces but other than that he put in a shift. Love the guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

How in God's name am I being bitter?
I clearly acknowledged that City were the better team and deserved to win - a bitter person would not say that.

Considering we took them to penalties, your opinion of us having "no chance" looks very stupid now. We clearly had a chance and we could've/should've won in ET.

You're not a bad poster but that was a bad post.

Latest