The Student Room Group

What are your biorhythms? Music that your body and mind connects with.

Scroll to see replies

Emotional
Like most people, too many to count. Ones that really get me at the moment though:
Don't Go - Bring Me The Horizon (you wouldn't normally relate screams to emotional music, but damn...)
Deathbeds - Bring Me The Horizon (yes I like BMTH ok, but this is a later one with a VERY different tone)
Mono - Fightstar (just the tune is like damn, the feeels)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ethereal World
ooooo I also play piano but my favourite thing (admittedly) to play is the twilight soundtrack. I bought the piano sheet music and nothing makes me happier than playing Bella's lullaby. Is that you in your avatar?

Oh cool! I've had lessons since I was pretty small, so it's the best feeling in the world to be able to download the music for a song/soundtrack and be able to play it after like an hour :biggrin:

And yep, dats me :biggrin:
Original post by steph-carys
Oh cool! I've had lessons since I was pretty small, so it's the best feeling in the world to be able to download the music for a song/soundtrack and be able to play it after like an hour :biggrin:

And yep, dats me :biggrin:

yes me too.... but rn I'm a nomad and don't have a piano and that upsets me. It's hard once I left home and didn't just have a piano to hand. I love it when there are pianos at Kings cross station and Westfields for example and I can just play them.

Have you ever played twilight/ do you like twilight?

You are super pretty :hugs:
What an interesting thread guys. I love thinking deeply about songs and what they mean, what they can evoke. Well done for going on radio 6 to discuss your choices, dats cool. Ok so my songs:
Physical - Beyonce - Flawless. What a tune. Queen. OMG. TUNE. Anytime I need a motivation song for a run or dancing, get the serotonin flowing and get my heart pumping. It's always there to make me smile, and to fuel the female power. It was hard to pick just one song by Queen Bey but this did sufficient for this instance.
Emotional - Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill - It's a tear worthy piece of majesty. My heartstrings are played so bad by this oh my lord. If you haven't heard this please please go educate yourself and listen to the mighty second queen Kate Bush. Relatable and extremely en pointe.
Intellectual - Sigur Ros - Hopipolla - Call me day or night, this is my soundtrack to think to, it stimulates my brain cells into action. Such a calming track. It is mind opening and thought provoking. Leaves me spaced out.
Have fun kids!
Original post by Alexion
Emotional
Like most people, too many to count. Ones that really get me at the moment though:
Don't Go - Bring Me The Horizon (you wouldn't normally relate screams to emotional music, but damn...)
Deathbeds - Bring Me The Horizon (yes I like BMTH ok, but this is a later one with a VERY different tone)
Mono - Fightstar (just the tune is like damn, the feeels)

Spoiler

*tries new song*

1456692706509.jpg

*disappointment*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
^

:lol: I changed the link, should work now...? Good track tho, srsly :yep:
Original post by Alexion
:lol: I changed the link, should work now...? Good track tho, srsly :yep:

*Impressive believes in Alexion and yet again makes another attempt.*

1456693545573.jpg

*disappointment*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jenoftheshire
What an interesting thread guys. I love thinking deeply about songs and what they mean, what they can evoke. Well done for going on radio 6 to discuss your choices, dats cool. Ok so my songs:
Physical - Beyonce - Flawless. What a tune. Queen. OMG. TUNE. Anytime I need a motivation song for a run or dancing, get the serotonin flowing and get my heart pumping. It's always there to make me smile, and to fuel the female power. It was hard to pick just one song by Queen Bey but this did sufficient for this instance.
Emotional - Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill - It's a tear worthy piece of majesty. My heartstrings are played so bad by this oh my lord. If you haven't heard this please please go educate yourself and listen to the mighty second queen Kate Bush. Relatable and extremely en pointe.
Intellectual - Sigur Ros - Hopipolla - Call me day or night, this is my soundtrack to think to, it stimulates my brain cells into action. Such a calming track. It is mind opening and thought provoking. Leaves me spaced out.
Have fun kids!

Oh wow and thank you for your kind words. It was really cool to go on the radio to talk about it and my Twitter feed momentarily went a bit crazy. I LOVE hoppipolla by sigur Ros and hadn't thought of it for ages. I used to have it as my alarm so think it kind of put me off but I'm totally gonna listen again now. Love how you say 'brain cells into action'. I imagine your brain just firing up.
I also love Careless Whisper by George Michael, She's like the wind by Patrick Swayze and You do something to me by Paul Weller. Those songs just make me feel so much. Like Unrequited Love x 100.
Reply 69
Physical:
Drive (Grundfunken) by Neu!

Emotional:
Ricochet by Tangerine Dream

Intellectual:
Albedo 0.39 by Vangelis
Great idea for a thread. (Ones with the asterisk are what I would say are my top in each one).

Physical

I can't help but groove to any of these. The first two in particular make me want to grab someone and spin them round for a twirl.

I'm Going Down - Bruce Springsteen [*]
Moondance - Michael Buble
9PM Till I Can't Feel My Face - Stoto
Untrue - Tchami

Emotional

Emotional to me for various reasons (Either they remind me of past relationships or hardships, or they make me feel pretty fluttery at heart to think about). Generally my 'emotional' songs tend to be linked to negative thoughts/feelings, or at least that what the trend indicates.

Yes I'm Changing - Tame Impala
Ava - Couer de Pirate [*]
In My Eyes - Best Coast
Our Deal - Best Coast
Touch - Shura
Shelter - Birdy

Intellectual

Personally, anything that stimulates me to think is stuff that can get me to relax and sit back, drifting away. Hence the slightly chilled vibe in the ones I've listed, AM aside. Really I could've stuck all of Tame Impala here for the most part :tongue:

Get Good - St South (Infinitefreefall Remix)
Mean Streets - Tennis
Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
The Less I Know The Better - Tame Impala [*]
(edited 8 years ago)
*Impressive believes in Alexion and yet again makes another attempt.*

1456693545573.jpg

*disappointment*

Posted from TSR Mobile

F.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le_sCwlQkcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjXzIJtBcJM

plz :cry2:

*Impressive is impressed by determination expressed by Alexion and hopes for better outcome with trying the following links*

*Alexion is having some doubts with seeing the spoiler below and is asking himself whether he should open the spoiler or leave it alone.*

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Physical:
Drive (Grundfunken) by Neu!

Emotional:
Ricochet by Tangerine Dream

Intellectual:
Albedo 0.39 by Vangelis

I love how this thread is bringing together me with my h8ers. Love you Josb. Would you like to return the favour of the 10th gem soon?

Also really like your choices. :hugs:

There is no right and left wing when it comes to music- that's what I love.
Original post by MrDystopia
Great idea for a thread. (Ones with the asterisk are what I would say are my top in each one).

Physical

I can't help but groove to any of these. The first two in particular make me want to grab someone and spin them round for a twirl.

I'm Going Down - Bruce Springsteen [*]
Moondance - Michael Buble
9PM Till I Can't Feel My Face - Stoto
Untrue - Tchami

Emotional

Emotional to me for various reasons (Either they remind me of past relationships or hardships, or they make me feel pretty fluttery at heart to think about). Generally my 'emotional' songs tend to be linked to negative thoughts/feelings, or at least that what the trend indicates.

Yes I'm Changing - Tame Impala
Ava - Couer de Pirate [*]
In My Eyes - Best Coast
Our Deal - Best Coast
Touch - Shura
Shelter - Birdy

Intellectual

Personally, anything that stimulates me to think is stuff that can get me to relax and sit back, drifting away. Hence the slightly chilled vibe in the ones I've listed, AM aside. Really I could've stuck all of Tame Impala here for the most part :tongue:

Get Good - St South (Infinitefreefall Remix)
Mean Streets - Tennis
Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
The Less I Know The Better - Tame Impala [*]

I love this. I also love Do I wanna Know!!! Tune. I think Mardy Bum and I bet you look good on the dancefloor would also be in my physical section. I ALSO love are you mine, and also they do a great cover of Drake's hold on we are going home and they make it sound better.

Oh god shelter by birdy as well. All the feel....llistening to this now.
Physical - House every weekend
Original post by Bobjim12
Physical - House every weekend

Yesssss!!! :five:

You also just reminded me of alors en dance which I love AND Mozart's House by Clean Bandit

[video="youtube;rd0cT7Dnpt8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd0cT7Dnpt8[/video]

*Impressive is impressed by determination expressed by Alexion and hopes for better outcome with trying the following links*

*Alexion is having some doubts with seeing the spoiler below and is asking himself whether he should open the spoiler or leave it alone.*

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is feels between you two :beer:
Physical: autechre - rae
Emotional: autechre - rae
Intellectual: autechre - rae
Physical - Mountain Sound by Of Monsters and Men

Emotional - Leaving Blues by Bombay Bicycle Club

Intellectual - Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap

:wink: :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt7ox1M_XG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH3P2M1tSDQ