The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Hahaha ! Me and my friends students had our bad moments, and there was this month last year I was really depressed *SO FREAKING TIRED* but honestly I was enjoying what I was doing, so interesting and fascinating ! The thing is, we were 2500 and they only took 331, I was the 500th I was damn close .. But not enough .. i used to work 10-12h a day, I was a really good student during the year but just could not handle it the D-Day ^^" .. Never minds these things happen sometimes, I have to keep moving forward :smile:

Are you kidding me you lived in NZ ?? That's so cool *___* ! Yeah it sounds really attractive ! But if I want to go to Prague it's because , whatever I'll go, I have to stay during 6 years (after that I'll move again) . I want to be close enough to Paris to come as often as possible ! And my dad and I made a deal haha, if I don't go too far he'll pay me a big appartment to allow my friends to visit me anytime ! Anyway, we'll see :wink:

Cool ! I hate maths haha , but I like your other subjects :biggrin:

Aw you dance, that's cool !!
Ma passion .. Idk I only live to be a surgeon lol I looove to study (not even joking .. ^^" ) and to read , and to travel.

I'm sorry what does cheesiness mean ? Google does not help : S

Edit : these are really cute last words ! :lol:

Damn so you made top 80% but they were just hella cruel. Unfair :angry:. Also yeah I am kidding, just said I lived in NZ to make you like me (common topics and all that) :wink:, give me props for the prawn story tho, that took a lot of imagination:biggrin:

Haha of course I did live in NZ tho and wow thats a good deal with your dad, my dad's deals are like tidy your room right now or you don't get dinner. Or yesterday when he was like if you finish gardening you can play....the piano!
(They're Asian so yeah xD)

Spoiler

So how come you want to be a surgeon? Just wanted a course without maths?:wink: And what are you reading right now btw, anything good?:s-smilie:
Original post by ForestShadow
Damn so you made top 80% but they were just hella cruel. Unfair :angry:. Also yeah I am kidding, just said I lived in NZ to make you like me (common topics and all that) :wink:, give me props for the prawn story tho, that took a lot of imagination:biggrin:

Haha of course I did live in NZ tho and wow thats a good deal with your dad, my dad's deals are like tidy your room right now or you don't get dinner. Or yesterday when he was like if you finish gardening you can play....the piano!
(They're Asian so yeah xD)

Spoiler

So how come you want to be a surgeon? Just wanted a course without maths?:wink: And what are you reading right now btw, anything good?:s-smilie:

Ikr so unfair :cry2: :cry2:

Honestly Idk what to say about NZ looool when I read I was like "whaaat" then "WHAAAAT" hahaha :lol: :lol:

PIANO ! You play ? I don't but my sister does, and my brother too, I like studying while they play ! It helps me concentrate :3

Oh and the deal with my dad haha .. He used to be a normal dad but when I had my failure I cried so much, I think he was really sad for me. Just by writing that I feel like crying, I'm so damn sorry I hurt him , he said he wanted me to be happy. Whatever I'm sorry to expose my life like that !

Why I want to be a surgeon ? When I was 11 I had appendicitis, before having the surgery, the doctor asked me what I wanted to do in life and I said Idk. When I did the surgery, and came back home, I was kinda obsessed with hospital and started being fascinated by doctors.

I'm reading "Pavillons de femmes" by Pearl Buck (in french). My favorite book is the Time Keeper by Mitch Albom (read it in english) what about ya ?
Correspondante favorite* almost perfect ! Don't forget that we french like to put the adjective after the name :P

Merci c'est très gentil <3

Woops :colondollar:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Woops :colondollar:

Don't worry ;D <3
Ikr so unfair :cry2: :cry2:

Honestly Idk what to say about NZ looool when I read I was like "whaaat" then "WHAAAAT" hahaha :lol: :lol:

PIANO ! You play ? I don't but my sister does, and my brother too, I like studying while they play ! It helps me concentrate :3

Oh and the deal with my dad haha .. He used to be a normal dad but when I had my failure I cried so much, I think he was really sad for me. Just by writing that I feel like crying, I'm so damn sorry I hurt him , he said he wanted me to be happy. Whatever I'm sorry to expose my life like that !

Why I want to be a surgeon ? When I was 11 I had appendicitis, before having the surgery, the doctor asked me what I wanted to do in life and I said Idk. When I did the surgery, and came back home, I was kinda obsessed with hospital and started being fascinated by doctors.

I'm reading "Pavillons de femmes" by Pearl Buck (in french). My favorite book is the Time Keeper by Mitch Albom (read it in english) what about ya ?

Wow you're still online? That's dedication But yeah I play the piano, passed grade 8 only barely (do you play and musical instruments?) XD asian parents were surprisingly ok with that. Wish my dad was sympathetic :s-smilie: he always be complainin 24/7:biggrin:.

Also if you like piano music to concentrate this guy does some good stuff:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCugb_j1Et8HRUpGiboLsPCw

Time keeper-a book about people learning to appreciate time-nice!:smile:
Pavillons de femmes-a book about ancient china relationships?-thats what Gtranslate got me anyways sounds.....interesting:tongue:

I read a book called the Self Illusion by Bruce Hood recently, Inception style conceptual confusion but pretty enlightening.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow you're still online? That's dedication But yeah I play the piano, passed grade 8 only barely (do you play and musical instruments?) XD asian parents were surprisingly ok with that. Wish my dad was sympathetic :s-smilie: he always be complainin 24/7:biggrin:.

Also if you like piano music to concentrate this guy does some good stuff:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCugb_j1Et8HRUpGiboLsPCw

Time keeper-a book about people learning to appreciate time-nice!:smile:
Pavillons de femmes-a book about ancient china relationships?-thats what Gtranslate got me anyways sounds.....interesting:tongue:

I read a book called the Self Illusion by Bruce Hood recently, Inception style conceptual confusion but pretty enlightening.

I'm still online, actually I'm cursed, addicted to TSR :O

Grade 8 ? Impressive
I don't play any instrument ^^ I'm not good at that, I do prefer to learn languages :P

Parents would be okay with what ? Sorry did not understand that part :smile:

I'm pretty sure you're dad is a good guy :wink:

I do like to listen to piano thaaaank youuuu :biggrin: ! (Tomorrow studies incoming, I'll tell you how was my concentration haha)

For the books yeah that's it ^^ . So you're asian ? Where are u from ? (I'm kinda a Japanese fan lol)

Sounds interesting ! *taking notes*
I'm still online, actually I'm cursed, addicted to TSR :O

Grade 8 ? Impressive
I don't play any instrument ^^ I'm not good at that, I do prefer to learn languages :P

Parents would be okay with what ? Sorry did not understand that part :smile:

I'm pretty sure you're dad is a good guy :wink:

I do like to listen to piano thaaaank youuuu :biggrin: ! (Tomorrow studies incoming, I'll tell you how was my concentration haha)

For the books yeah that's it ^^ . So you're asian ? Where are u from ? (I'm kinda a Japanese fan lol)

Sounds interesting ! *taking notes*

Maybe you are cursed/addicted but you have A LIGHT GREEN GEM:tongue: so jealous XD

A linguist hmmm so what languages do you know?:tongue:

The ok part was badly worded by me anyway:wink:. So basically as you probably already know theres 4 types of results from music exams.

1)Fail:angry:
2) Pass:smile:
3)Merit:biggrin:
4)Distinction:h:

I only just passed so I expected my parents to be a lil mad as they're a believers in high standards but they were "ok" with it.

I was born in London actually and have never lived in Asia but both my parents are from HK (Hong Kong) so not Japan sorry:biggrin:. But Japan is FRESH, so much respect in their society, so much ramen and teppanyaki and they have a SICK bboy (breakdancer) Taisuke!!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Maybe you are cursed/addicted but you have A LIGHT GREEN GEM:tongue: so jealous XD

A linguist hmmm so what languages do you know?:tongue:

The ok part was badly worded by me anyway:wink:. So basically as you probably already know theres 4 types of results from music exams.

1)Fail:angry:
2) Pass:smile:
3)Merit:biggrin:
4)Distinction:h:

I only just passed so I expected my parents to be a lil mad as they're a believers in high standards but they were "ok" with it.

I was born in London actually and have never lived in Asia but both my parents are from HK (Hong Kong) so not Japan sorry:biggrin:. But Japan is FRESH, so much respect in their society, so much ramen and teppanyaki and they have a SICK bboy (breakdancer) Taisuke!!

Spoiler

:lol: hope you'll get one soon haha !

I speak fluently french, english, arabic. I can understand german but barely speak it (I don't practise) but I hope I'll speak fluently one day :smile: and in a few months I'll start learn Czech
Do you speak other languages than english ?

Anw I see, I bet you're good anyway :wink:

Have you ever went to China ?? I want SO BAD to go there, as bad as I want to go yo Japan !!
Yeaaaah Japanese foooooood <3 !
:lol: hope you'll get one soon haha !

I speak fluently french, english, arabic. I can understand german but barely speak it (I don't practise) but I hope I'll speak fluently one day :smile: and in a few months I'll start learn Czech
Do you speak other languages than english ?

Anw I see, I bet you're good anyway :wink:

Have you ever went to China ?? I want SO BAD to go there, as bad as I want to go yo Japan !!
Yeaaaah Japanese foooooood <3 !

So in a few months you'll have almost 5 languages, that's very useful and fun! :biggrin:Did you learn all these from school or just personally learnt them?:tongue:

Yeah I speak Cantonese fluently as well as English, some French and a tiny bit of German and Mandarin.

No Ive never been to China, it looks pretty amazing especially the cities but beware, theres hella fake stuff there, reports of plastic bags for jellyfish (a delicacy served cold typically) and using cats for pigeons (another delicacy served in soy or deep fried). :s-smilie:

Haha I want to go to Japan pretty bad as well, hopefully I go this Summer, want to come with? :wink:
So in a few months you'll have almost 5 languages, that's very useful and fun! :biggrin:Did you learn all these from school or just personally learnt them?:tongue:

Yeah I speak Cantonese fluently as well as English, some French and a tiny bit of German and Mandarin.

No Ive never been to China, it looks pretty amazing especially the cities but beware, theres hella fake stuff there, reports of plastic bags for jellyfish (a delicacy served cold typically) and using cats for pigeons (another delicacy served in soy or deep fried). :s-smilie:

Haha I want to go to Japan pretty bad as well, hopefully I go this Summer, want to come with? :wink:

Yeaaaah I like new languages ! Well , complicated ! My dad is french , my mum is algerian so both are my native languages (I was born and live in France). I did two years of arabic anyway, to learn to read it and perform a little.
Then, I had english and german at school, but 1h per week .. Honestly that was so USELESS I think I never learned something in english/german class, the teachers were too slow and boring. So I learned english myself by reading and watching movies, and I did nit planned to learn german but I used to watch Arte in german every night, so it came to me I could understand a lot of things :3

You're not bad at languages too tho !

Ew pretty weird indeed :lol:

Are you ?? I WANNA COOOOOME *_______*
Original post by Thetankman
Hi how are you?

I'm sorry I did not see your post before !!
I'm fine thanks :smile: what about ya :smile: ?
I'm sorry I did not see your post before !!
I'm fine thanks :smile: what about ya :smile: ?

Oh don't worry. I'm fine thanks:smile: how's your day?
Oh don't worry. I'm fine thanks:smile: how's your day?

Glad to hear :smile:
Well I did not studied at all lol, I just chilled :P what about ya ?
hello :smile:
Glad to hear :smile:
Well I did not studied at all lol, I just chilled :P what about ya ?

Chilled haha how:smile: I was still recovering from exams
Original post by InfamousSolid
hello :smile:

Hello ! How you doin :smile: ?

Chilled haha how:smile: I was still recovering from exams

Did you do well ?

Did you do well ?

I doubt so:frown: I am just really tired rather than worrying about results tbh
Did you do well ?

Do you study or work?
Do you study or work?

Study ! I'm preparing an entrance exam for a med school in Czech
Study ! I'm preparing an entrance exam for a med school in Czech

Oh nice, are you finishing undergrad this year?