The Student Room Group

Men never seem to respond to my messages online.....

I understand that I'm not everyone's cup of tea. I'm not expecting a response from every guy I message. I just find it odd that I haven't received a single response from anyone. I avoid the usual '' hi, how are you? '' messages, I read their profiles and ask about whatever I find interesting...and nothing. I only message the men I have been matched with and seem to have something in common with.

Has anyone other women experienced anything similar?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dating sites?

Which ones?
Reply 2
Original post by stefano865
Dating sites?

Which ones?

POF and OkCupid
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
POF and OkCupid

POF is well known for being a bit flaky. Don't expect too much from this.

OkCupid is probably more serious I guess.

On the whole online dating works for some and absolutely stinks for others.
I understand that I'm not everyone's cup of tea. I'm not expecting a response from every guy I message. I just find it odd that I haven't received a single response from anyone. I avoid the usual '' hi, how are you? '' messages, I read their profiles and ask about whatever I find interesting...and nothing. I only message the men I have been matched with and seem to have something in common with.

Has anyone other women experienced anything similar?

Probably because they have lots of women messaging them so they have their pick. You just have to dust it off, keep it moving and play the numbers game. It can take a while before you get success. To be honest I would suggest letting them message you.
Is this just on TSR or other social networks?
I find this hard to believe seeing as online dating is a sweet shop for women. What do you look like and what is your ethnicity?
Reply 8

Thank you. Changed my main picture to one on a night out smiling away. I couldn't really help using a semi old picture because I haven't taken any upload worthy pictures since last summer. I also deleted the part about me being a house body.

POF is well known for being a bit flaky. Don't expect too much from this.

OkCupid is probably more serious I guess.

On the whole online dating works for some and absolutely stinks for others.

I've noticed I am ignored on POF more than anything. I left POF due to being put off by the men on there and I never had a single reply. I met my ex on POF 2 years ago though, so I had a little hope left. On OkCupid I have been chatting to two decent guys on there, both messaged me first. Not sure if either of them are guys I would 100% date though.

I'm constantly being messaged by men looking for sugar babies, so the block function is my favourite. I like the way OkCupid formulate matches too.
Reply 9
Probably because they have lots of women messaging them so they have their pick. You just have to dust it off, keep it moving and play the numbers game. It can take a while before you get success. To be honest I would suggest letting them message you.

Thanks. I have mostly took the ' sit back and wait ' approach. I just thought I'd be more assertive and seek men I thought seemed interesting. I definetly won't be messaging any guys first ever again though.
Thanks. I have mostly took the ' sit back and wait ' approach. I just thought I'd be more assertive and seek men I thought seemed interesting. I definetly won't be messaging any guys first ever again though.

Excuse my language. I meant I have mostly taken *
Thank you. Changed my main picture to one on a night out smiling away. I couldn't really help using a semi old picture because I haven't taken any upload worthy pictures since last summer. I also deleted the part about me being a house body.

I've noticed I am ignored on POF more than anything. I left POF due to being put off by the men on there and I never had a single reply. I met my ex on POF 2 years ago though, so I had a little hope left. On OkCupid I have been chatting to two decent guys on there, both messaged me first. Not sure if either of them are guys I would 100% date though.

I'm constantly being messaged by men looking for sugar babies, so the block function is my favourite. I like the way OkCupid formulate matches too.

Cool. Well done for making some changes. :smile: :wink:

What about Tinder, Match, Guardian soulmates etc?

These are definitely better ways to meet more people and possibly better people than the sites you are using atm.
Original post by AthiaKarim
Is this just on TSR or other social networks?

Not tsr lol, dating websites such as POF and OkCupid

Original post by Silver Arrow
I find this hard to believe seeing as online dating is a sweet shop for women. What do you look like and what is your ethnicity?

It isn't for me! I admit I do sometimes get lots of messages from men, alot of the times its older men trying their luck. I am black, 5''4, big brown eyes, petite... I feel like I am an attractive woman, I think I'm just going to give up attempting to strike conversation with men online.
Cool. Well done for making some changes. :smile: :wink:

What about Tinder, Match, Guardian soulmates etc?

These are definitely better ways to meet more people and possibly better people than the sites you are using atm.

Tinder didn't work for me besides the app hasn't been working recently. Met a decent guy on there, I thought we were moving towards a relationship but I was wrong. I really haven't considered paying for online dating, it's my last resort lol
Happn can be quite a fun one!
Tinder didn't work for me besides the app hasn't been working recently. Met a decent guy on there, I thought we were moving towards a relationship but I was wrong. I really haven't considered paying for online dating, it's my last resort lol

What about the good old coffee shop?

The 'nightclubs of the daytime'. :wink: :tongue:

It isn't for me! I admit I do sometimes get lots of messages from men, alot of the times its older men trying their luck. I am black, 5''4, big brown eyes, petite... I feel like I am an attractive woman, I think I'm just going to give up attempting to strike conversation with men online.

Yeah black women get the lowest amount of replies with online dating and its brutal. You're better off sticking to real life.

As long as you aren't fat and are at least of average facial attractiveness, there's not that much reason why you shouldn't be getting messaged. How many pics do you have up and what kind of pics are they? If they're only close up face shots then guys will assume you are fat and trying to hide it so if that isn't the case, make sure you have some decent pics.
Errrm....okaaay
Reply 19
Original post by BrokenLife
Errrm....okaaay

??????????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending