The Student Room Group

Got banned from Amazon

I have Prime so quite a few family members have been using my account.

My brother's also been ordering a lot and he returns pretty much everything which I've warned him about and he continued to use my account and now I've been banned. Is there any way I can have my account opened? And does this mean I'm banned forever?

And does anyone know if I'll be refunded my Prime membership?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paniking_and_not_revising

My brother's also been ordering a lot and he returns pretty much everything which I've warned him about and he continued to use my account and now I've been banned. Is there any way I can have my account opened? And does this mean I'm banned forever?

Thanks.

Best thing to do is either message or call seller support with your query, they should be able to give you the revelent information.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wtf can they really ban you for this?

Can't you just make a new account?
Original post by AthiaKarim

They'll have the address in their records, and ip address etc. So I don't think that will be possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Thanks.

Just contact customer support team and say someone had access to your account without your permission.
Original post by s_ahmed2
Best thing to do is either message or call seller support with your query, they should be able to give you the revelent information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've messaged them but not really getting my hopes up. I'm really annoyed cos I told my brother to stop using my account and get his own but then he'd start throwing a hissy fit.

They ban your address, IP address and stuff so you can't make another account. I think they ban family members living at the same address too.

I'm so pissed off too cos in the around 5 years I've been on Amazon I've returned like 1 thing and cancelled maybe 4 or 5 orders before dispatch.
I got so pissed I went down to the fridge and grabbed all of my brother's chocolates.
Reply 7
Your "brother" has. Ok. :ninja:
Original post by s_ahmed2
They'll have the address in their records, and ip address etc. So I don't think that will be possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh :/ but can they really ban you for what OP did? Is that allowed?
Reply 9
I got so pissed I went down to the fridge and grabbed all of my brother's chocolates.

Did you smear them in your hair or all over the wallpaper, then lick it off?
I've messaged them but not really getting my hopes up. I'm really annoyed cos I told my brother to stop using my account and get his own but then he'd start throwing a hissy fit.

They ban your address, IP address and stuff so you can't make another account. I think they ban family members living at the same address too.

I'm so pissed off too cos in the around 5 years I've been on Amazon I've returned like 1 thing and cancelled maybe 4 or 5 orders before dispatch.

Can't you use eBay instead of Amazon then? Or is it not the same
Original post by Mimir
Your "brother" has. Ok. :ninja:

No it was my brother. I buy books from Amazon. Not processors and motherboards

Can't you use eBay instead of Amazon then? Or is it not the same

I don't use Ebay.
Um, get a new IP (very easy to do) and then change your delivery address to a friend's house. Then they'll get the packages and you can collect them.
Original post by Keyhofi
Um, get a new IP (very easy to do) and then change your delivery address to a friend's house. Then they'll get the packages and you can collect them.

Um isn't that a bit unethical?
Wow I had no idea they would do this!

Thanks.

i also got banned from amazon, only my sellers account however. i can still buy stuff

Keep trying, I actually sell on amazon and they have a range of problems. However one thing is that their support team is very unpredictable, one person says one thing and the other says the opposite. It's best to just call them up too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh :/ but can they really ban you for what OP did? Is that allowed?

Well technically they can as it's their website, but hopefully they'll sort it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah...OP please...don't act so rashly...
Ive heard of people getting banned for returning too much stuff before, I think it's some automatic security feature they ban you after so many, to prevent abuse as they think you may be trying it on.

Amazons customer services are usually gd, so will probably be able to get your account back if you explain that it was all genuine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending