The Student Room Group

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by childofthesun
Yeah, Israel was definitely trying to help us when they bombed my home village,killing my relatives and friends.

Ofc, any criticism of Israel is antisemitic :rolleyes:

he is saying your racism is derived from the inconsistency in how you view syria's occupation of lebanon and israel's occupation - implying that it is because one is arab and the other is jewish that you view them differently.

but as this inconsistency can be explained by israel being directly responsible for the deaths of your family members (and syria not) then his point is evidently moot.
Yeah, Israel was definitely trying to help us when they bombed my home village,killing my relatives and friends.

Ofc, any criticism of Israel is antisemitic :rolleyes:

This.

I used to know a Lebanese kid when I was in Saudi Arabia and he stopped coming to school for quite a long time after visiting Lebanon and, when he came back, his father had to carry him on his shoulders for months because he couldn't walk. He'd told us that his mother had been killed by a direct hit from a rocket, which seemed pretty odd to me.

I didn't particularly like him and I was very sheltered from all the politics then, so I didn't make too much of this at the time but it was only later when I came back to the UK and started to get educated about these things that I made the link with the 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon and realised that it roughly coincided with his absence from school. It did make me appreciate, after a period of being very pro-Israel, that there are legitimate personal reasons why some people hate Israel, quite apart from anti-Semitism. :smile:
Original post by Polysexual Nymph
he is saying your racism is derived from the inconsistency in how you view syria's occupation of lebanon and israel's occupation.

but as this inconsistency can be explained by israel being directly responsible for the deaths of your family members then his point is evidently moot.

I told Hydeman that while I dislike the Syrian government, I have nothing against Syrian people.Likewise, I do not hate Israeli citizens or Jews, but rather the government.
I told Hydeman that while I dislike the Syrian government, I have nothing against Syrian people.Likewise, I do not hate Israeli citizens or Jews, but rather the government.

not hydeman, R, catotheelder. he was the one that accused you of racism.

hydeman is a g allow him.
Idk
Lebanon, the US, France and Cote d'ivoire all allow dual/multiple citizenship lol

Fair enough. :beard: Apparently all the countries whose citizenship laws I'm acquainted with either don't or have huge restrictions on the holding of dual citizenships.

I know :lol:
He accused me of racism because of what I replied to Hydeman
I know :lol:
He accused me of racism because of what I replied to Hydeman

I understand. My apologies for the confusion.

Cato is inclined to view things in a certain way (/through a certain lens), and is rather arrogant in his beliefs, but he's not an idiot - I'm sure he has come to realise that your posts are not indicative of racism and are the perfectly reasonable consequence of your experiences.

So much slang that I don't understand. O.O
Original post by Hydeman
So much slang that I don't understand. O.O

'R' isn't (/wasn't) slang, dear child.

And not understanding 'g' renders my description of you as a g less believable. Good job, H.
Original post by Hydeman
Fair enough. :beard: Apparently all the countries whose citizenship laws I'm acquainted with either don't or have huge restrictions on the holding of dual citizenships.

Shame. It comes in handy when booking holidays, I can get into lots of countries without a visa :lol:
'R' isn't (/wasn't) slang, dear child.

And not understanding 'g' renders my description of you as a g less believable. Good job, H.

Is it meant to be 'gangsta?' :holmes: I remember somebody on my VMs once using it like that, I think.
Shame. It comes in handy when booking holidays, I can get into lots of countries without a visa :lol:

Not to mention: you can vote for Senator Sanders (assuming you're 18). :puppyeyes:
ISIS is comprised largely of Arab Muslims they only have themselves to blame

This is why I say we shouldn't take a single damn migrant they should all be sent to places like Saudi Arabia

The people coming here have no genetic or cultural affiliation with Europe. They do not belong and will only be resented by many of the indigenous population.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Is it meant to be 'gangsta?' :holmes: I remember somebody on my VMs once using it like that, I think.

R is the first letter of c's name (don't ask me who c is...)

g is just short for gangsta, yes
don't ask me who c is

Who's C? :colone:
Original post by Hydeman
Not to mention: you can vote for Senator Sanders (assuming you're 18). :puppyeyes:

I'm not sure if I can. I haven't been resident in the US(apart from the first few weeks of my life) so idk.
And Sanders? I'd definitely vote Trump if I could :wink:
I'm not sure if I can. I haven't been resident in the US(apart from the first few weeks of my life) so idk.

Hmm, I don't know how residence affects voting rights in the U.S., to be honest. :s-smilie:

And Sanders? I'd definitely vote Trump if I could :wink:

:tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
Who's C? :colone:

:colonhash:

C is how I grade your life to date.

Spoiler

Original post by queen-bee
You seem to be angry which goes to show you're very hot

Wanna rephrase that? :mmm:

(Sorry for the late commentary -- I'm only just reading your spat with Cato.)
:colonhash:

C is how I grade your life to date.

Spoiler

The spoiler is like salt on wounds. :laugh:

Quick Reply