The Student Room Group

Bunking school in year 11!? advice?

I have a double period tomorrow which is a complete waste of time! My teacher is on maternal leave and we have had supply teacher for the past 2 weeks. I plan on faking a college interview letter and showing the reception in which I will be able to leave the school premises without them double checking with my parents. I plan on going home and doing some ACTUAL revision and learning a few topics for the subject instead of joining the mayhem in class with a supply teacher that has no control over anyone. Then after lunch, i'll come back and return to my usual lessons.

p.s: I live only 10 minutes away.

What should I do? Am I doing something wrong for the right reason?
(edited 8 years ago)
I say go for it
Reply 2
I bunked off most days in the last few weeks before my gcse exams, got in trouble for it but parents didn't care lol, got 7A* 3A
I did actually revise at home though, I went through the spec and didn't waste time learning bs we didn't need to know. I learned more in the last few weeks on my own than I ever did in class
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Federerr
I have a double period tomorrow which is a complete waste of time! My teacher is on maternal leave and we have had supply teacher for the past 2 weeks. I plan on faking a college interview letter and showing the reception in which I will be able to leave the school premises without them double checking with my parents. I plan on going home and doing some ACTUAL revision and learning a few topics for the subject instead of joining the mayhem in class with a supply teacher that has no control over anyone. Then after lunch, i'll come back and return to my usual lessons.

p.s: I live only 10 minutes away.

What should I do? Am I doing something wrong for the right reason?

Too complicated. Pull a skive that doesn't potentially implicate you. Say you didn't feel well because that is much harder to disprove.
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Too complicated. Pull a skive that doesn't potentially implicate you. Say you didn't feel well because that is much harder to disprove.

It's really not, a few people have already succeeded, the receptionist just has a peep at the letter and lets you leave. She does always say she trusts me, but i'm still scared to do it, if they clock on then...

They wouldn't let me leave school anyways, my attendance isn't above 95% and they hardly let anyone go if its below that. If I were good at acting ill I would, but I cba for the hassle to sit down, fake it, they call my parents etc.

my method is kinda swift, but it does have it's flaws.

I don't wanna miss the whole day, just the two mid-day lessons before lunch. First 2 and last 2 lessons are really important subjects lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by yoda123
I bunked off most days in the last few weeks before my gcse exams, got in trouble for it but parents didn't care lol, got 7A* 3A
I did actually revise at home though, I went through the spec and didn't waste time learning bs we didn't need to know. I learned more in the last few weeks on my own than I ever did in class

I don't wanna miss full days, just the 2 mid-day lessons after break and before lunch which is a waste of time. The other 4 lessons are really important.

Congrats on the results.
Reply 6
I don't wanna miss full days, just the 2 mid-day lessons after break and before lunch which is a waste of time. The other 4 lessons are really important.

Congrats on the results.

My attendance at school was something like 40% throughout the entirety of Year 11 and I achieved all A*-A grades. Go for it - as long as you teach yourself at home, I don't see the problem.

I know how bad substitutes can be (I had one replacing a paternity leave for my Chemistry teacher, luckily that was only 2 weeks, not the rest of the year). Maybe you could talk to your parents and see if they'll contact the school and you could potentially organise some individual study time during those two periods? My school allowed a fair few people to do this if they contacted them and said they were not getting enough out of the lessons they were attending and felt they'd be better served with going at it alone.
Overthinking it, just do it if you think it'll help.
Reply 8
UPDATE:

I created a very well designed looking interview sheet, printed it out. The receptionist had a glance at the sheet and then let me go.

Went home for 2 hours and learnt 2 key topics for the subject.

Came back with my heart racing, thinking the teachers will manage to clock onto my fake 'interview'.

Entered the reception, she asked how it went and then I went off to the playground and played some footy :h:
UPDATE:

I created a very well designed looking interview sheet, printed it out. The receptionist had a glance at the sheet and then let me go.

Came back with my heart racing, thinking the teachers will manage to clock onto my fake 'interview'.

Entered the reception, she asked how it went and then I went off to the playground and played some footy :h:

Congrats!!
But how will this continue? Or was it a one off thing?
Reply 10
Original post by homeland.lsw
Congrats!!
But how will this continue? Or was it a one off thing?

I'll probably take advice from the users who messaged on the thread, and probably have a talk to my head of year to see if I can use the double period for private learning sessions. Hopefully they let me without getting my parents involved.
I'll probably take advice from the users who messaged on the thread, and probably have a talk to my head of year to see if I can use the double period for private learning sessions. Hopefully they let me without getting my parents involved.

that seems like the more responsible way to do it :yes:
Yeah talk to your head of year, they can't waste lesson time this close to the real exams with some shoddy supply teacher
Reply 13
Original post by caitlinford3
Yeah talk to your head of year, they can't waste lesson time this close to the real exams with some shoddy supply teacher

:redface:
UPDATE:

Did you win the football game after? What was the score?
Reply 15
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Did you win the football game after? What was the score?

We played nutmeg rush most of the time XD
Just bunk individual lessons. It's easy here. hide behind the stage

Quick Reply

Latest