The Student Room Group

Transfer medicine to UK

Hello! I'm a UE medical student in Slovakia on the 3rd year - English course. I would like to transfer to UK so I could finish my degree there. I sent a lot of emails to university's and all the reply was very negative saying that I must start all over and that they don't accept transfers....I thought that was possible to transfer between countries in the UE. Did someone here had the same problem ? :smile:
Original post by Laís araujo
Hello! I'm a UE medical student in Slovakia on the 3rd year - English course. I would like to transfer to UK so I could finish my degree there. I sent a lot of emails to university's and all the reply was very negative saying that I must start all over and that they don't accept transfers....I thought that was possible to transfer between countries in the UE. Did someone here had the same problem ? :smile:

Hi

While it may be theoretically possible to transfer between universities in different EU countries, that doesn't oblige universities to accept transfers. Most UK universities will only accept transfers in very specific circumstances.

Most medical schools in the UK also won't accept students transferring within the UK due to the way the courses are taught.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending