The Student Room Group

Polish prime minister says Poland is not likely to take Africans and Muslims

During an interview on Polish TV station Polsat, Beata Szydlo said,

'Poland has not taken immigrants this year and is unlikely to take them in the near future.'

Scroll to see replies

Good for them. The way the migrants have been behaving is despicable, at least some countries have some sense.
Reply 2
Why are they even allowed to have a choice?
hopefully we wont have to take their polish aswell after june. not that i disagree with them
Reply 4
Original post by Mauryan
Why are they even allowed to have a choice?

What are the EU going to do? Invade and overthrow the government and turn it into one big migrant camp?
Reply 5
Original post by Jebedee
What are the EU going to do? Invade and overthrow the government and turn it into one big migrant camp?

That sounds good actually. They wanna send all their working class over here overcrowding our country while theirs is sparsely populated. They should be forced to fill those population with refugees since someone's gotta accept the refugees.

Anyway I'm aware they can't be forced to do anything I was just trolling trying to point out that Poland brings little benefit to the EU while taking a lot so they shouldn't have a choice in anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Mauryan
That sounds good actually. They wanna send all their working class over here overcrowding our country while theirs is sparsely populated. They should be forced to fill those population with refugees since someone's gotta accept the refugees.

Anyway I'm aware they can't be forced to do anything I was just trolling trying to point out that Poland brings little benefit to the EU while taking a lot so they shouldn't have a choice in anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they don't send them to UK. I'm sure they would love to fully utilise their own labour force but they just don't have the jobs for them.
The stats show that immigrants bring a net profit to the UK economy overall, but where do you think the majority of that comes from? I'm sure it isn't non-EU migrants.

Either way, it appears to be mostly women rather than men who come here from Poland so I don't see any reason to object to immigrants that want to work and are objectively more attractive than British women.
Reply 7
Original post by Jebedee
Well they don't send them to UK. I'm sure they would love to fully utilise their own labour force but they just don't have the jobs for them.
The stats show that immigrants bring a net profit to the UK economy overall, but where do you think the majority of that comes from? I'm sure it isn't non-EU migrants.

Either way, it appears to be mostly women rather than men who come here from Poland so I don't see any reason to object to immigrants that want to work and are objectively more attractive than British women.

Non EU-migration are restricted. Ones that do come are usually students who stays back after their studies, asylum seekers or those reuniting with their british family members all of which are highly restricted.

Anyway migration from EU countries isn't a problem. The problem is that it's uncontrolled and the numbers are far too high. Most doing jobs that could be filled by the unemployed British working class. EU migrants don't require any type of permit to come and stay here. They can just pack their bags and move whenever they feel like and get access to welfare such as JSA and housing benefits.
Reply 8
Original post by Mauryan
Non EU-migration are restricted. Ones that do come are usually students who stays back after their studies, asylum seekers or those reuniting with their british family members all of which are highly restricted.

Anyway migration from EU countries isn't a problem. The problem is that it's uncontrolled and the numbers are far too high. Most doing jobs that could be filled by the unemployed British working class. EU migrants don't require any type of permit to come and stay here. They can just pack their bags and move whenever they feel like and get access to welfare such as JSA and housing benefits.

But a far higher proportion of EU migrants have the intention to work than their non-EU counterparts. I don't like when people conflate the two groups. EU migrants shouldn't receive stick for the shortcomings of non-EU migrants.
No surprise. Eastern Europe is full of racists and is 40 years behind the rest of Europe.

Poland cannot even take in 10,000 refugees even though it has a population of 40 Million.

Their attitude is laughable considering the number of Polish immigrants around the world and the Polish refugees during WW2.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee
But a far higher proportion of EU migrants have the intention to work than their non-EU counterparts. I don't like when people conflate the two groups. EU migrants shouldn't receive stick for the shortcomings of non-EU migrants.

I also don't like it when people conflate Illegal migrants that don't work and cause trouble with other non EU migrants that contribute a lot to the UK but that's not going to happen because people will always generalise and majority will always pay for the sins of the minority. The immigrants that cause the most trouble are the ones that find it easiest to get to the UK. The rest of us have it harder. It's really expensive, the visa process is long and arduous and any one that actually makes it through all the security checks can't be anyone that's looking to avoid work and cause trouble or else they'll get deported straightaway. To get an education is extremely expensive and the process for getting a student visa has become harder.
And apparently there's a law in the UK that says Non EU migrants have to be earning £35,000 or face deportation.
You do realise that Non EU migrants are also coming from the US, China, Australia, West Africa, South Africa, Canada, Korea, Japan etc. it's not like they're going to cross oceans and deserts to get to the UK.
if all that doesn't filter out all the 'bad eggs' I don't know what will. EU migrants can get in faster and easier.
So you really can't say that EU migrants are more willing to work than them. Unless you have stats to prove it.

The problem is keeping out the illegal migrants. All other migration (EU and Non EU) is fine and doesn't harm the UK. If anything it harms the countries they're coming from because they're losing a lot of highly skilled labour.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mauryan

Well, except for that most don't get access to JSA or claim benefits. No one is going to sit around waiting for months just for JSA.

Most are not doing jobs that could be filled by unemployed British Working Class. That is just made up.

Migrants fill 20 per cent of workers in fields such as oil and gas extraction, aerospace manufacturing and computer, electronic and optical engineering. Does it sound like some long term unemployed British worker could do that?
Reply 12
Poles are really racist
Reply 13
Original post by Ciel.
More like really clever. I was at Euston railway station last week, and not a single freaking shop assistant there was white, ridiculous.

So what? Why does the colour of shop workers' skin bother you?? They're most likely law abiding citizens and pay their taxes, so why does it matter what the colour of their skin is?
Original post by StrawbAri
I also don't like it when people conflate Illegal migrants that don't work and cause trouble with other non EU migrants that contribute a lot to the UK but that's not going to happen because people will always generalise and majority will always pay for the sins of the minority. The immigrants that cause the most trouble are the ones that find it easiest to get to the UK. The rest of us have it harder. It's really expensive, the visa process is long and arduous and any one that actually makes it through all the security checks can't be anyone that's looking to avoid work and cause trouble or else they'll get deported straightaway. To get an education is extremely expensive and the process for getting a student visa has become harder.
And apparently there's a law in the UK that says Non EU migrants have to be earning £35,000 or face deportation.
You do realise that Non EU migrants are also coming from the US, China, Australia, West Africa, South Africa, Canada, Korea, Japan etc. it's not like they're going to cross oceans and deserts to get to the UK.
if all that doesn't filter out all the 'bad eggs' I don't know what will. EU migrants can get in faster and easier.
So you really can't say that EU migrants are more willing to work than them. Unless you have stats to prove it.

The problem is keeping out the illegal migrants. All other migration (EU and Non EU) is fine and doesn't harm the UK. If anything it harms the countries they're coming from because they're losing a lot of highly skilled labour.

I see your point. Another problem in this issue is non-EU migrants who become EU migrants via other countries with more lax borders. This is why the EU simply cannot work.
Original post by Ciel.
It bothers me because I want Britain to remain a mostly white nation. I don't want to go into a shop and feel like suddenly I'm in a freaking Pakistan
* Because I am a racist. *.

Let me finish the sentence for you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by DorianGrayism
Because you are a racist.

Nope. It's a preference.
Racist: a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Clearly, I don't fit the definition.
Original post by Jebedee
I see your point. Another problem in this issue is non-EU migrants who become EU migrants via other countries with more lax borders. This is why the EU simply cannot work.

Or maybe you are just creating more BS excuses.

The UK has the highest non-eu immigration rate behind Germany.

The UK has lax borders to non-eu immigrants. Not the EU.
Reply 18
Original post by Ciel.
More like really clever. I was at Euston railway station last week, and not a single freaking shop assistant there was white, ridiculous.

No white people? Oh no, how will I live? Britain has no colour
Original post by Ciel.
Nope. It's a preference.
Racist: a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Clearly, I don't fit the definition.

Yes, you have a preference because you believe that white people are superior to Pakistanis.

Fits perfectly into why you are Xenophobic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending