The Student Room Group
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich

NUA Applicants 2016

Heya!

I saw that this thread hadn't been created yet, so I thought I should be to one starting it ahahah
I applied for the Film and Moving Image Production course and had my interview like four days ago. I was so nervous, but I had fun, so maybe I have a chance to get accepted!
What about you, guys? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I had an interview for BA Photography last week and received an unconditional offer a couple of days after. They seemed really nice and relaxed there, and the buildings were lovely :smile:.
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich
Original post by TeaWolf
I had an interview for BA Photography last week and received an unconditional offer a couple of days after. They seemed really nice and relaxed there, and the buildings were lovely :smile:.

Yeah, also Norwich as a town seems adorable ahaha
Well, good job for your unconditional, that's great :smile:
Reply 3
Had an interview for Animation on Wednesday last week :biggrin: got my unconditional this Tuesday. Really excited now haha, can't wait until I get to apply for accommodation and student loans and things.
Original post by Kabbles
Had an interview for Animation on Wednesday last week :biggrin: got my unconditional this Tuesday. Really excited now haha, can't wait until I get to apply for accommodation and student loans and things.

Yayy, that's great! Congratulations!
I got mine some days ago too, didn't expect that coming ahahah
Reply 5
Neither did I at all, I was really nervous through the whole interview process and I'm pretty sure I babbled about irrelevant things way more than once. Just wondering what happens next now :smile: do you have any idea of what accommodation you want to stay in, if at all? I'm feeling All Saints Green, it looks so pretty.
Original post by Kabbles
Neither did I at all, I was really nervous through the whole interview process and I'm pretty sure I babbled about irrelevant things way more than once. Just wondering what happens next now :smile: do you have any idea of what accommodation you want to stay in, if at all? I'm feeling All Saints Green, it looks so pretty.

Actually I'm also waiting for a response from Falmouth.
I'm so unsure between that little piece of heaven and NUA ahahaha so I think that, if I'm going to attend NUA, I'd like to stay in the Beechroft, since is cheaper, but omg All Saints Green look so modern, it seems like it went out from a loft of The Sims 3 ahahaha
Reply 7
Got an unconditional for film and moving image a few weeks back. I love the campus, so gorgeous but I'm still torn between choosing between Norwich and Westminster aaaah!
Reply 8
I got unconditionals from Brighton and ARU as well, but I firmed Norwich straight away just because I like the city vibe and the uni and the accommodation look so modern and fresh haha. Went walking around the marketplace on my interview day and ended up down some street eating a nutella and marscarpone toastie so I'm pretty happy. :biggrin:
I'm waiting on Falmouth too, had interviews for Photography and Press and Editorial Photography on Friday, so it's gonna be between NUA and Falmouth if I get offers from Falmouth :smile:. All Saints Green looks really lovely! I think it's the closest too. Beechcroft is the cheapest but it's quite far from the uni, though there's plenty of buses!
It's like 15 minutes by bike, and I could get used to it ahahah
But yeah, Norwich and Falmouth are so lovely ahahah even if Norwich has like 127.000 citizens and Falmouth around 20.000 ahahah
So unsure and I'm seriously struggling to choose the right path ahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I'd end up just going All Saints Green because of its convenience and the building is new and its more social. I think I did look into Harvard Court a bit though, that seemed alright as well. What's different about Falmouth? All I really know about NUA is that the courses are a lot more work intensive than others I've seen and had open days for.
Reply 12
Hi, I'm Joe I recently had an interview and received a conditional offer for Games Art and Design. I loved the vibe of Norwich, all the students at NUA (even the ones just at their interview) all seemed excited to be there. I'm looking into the accommodation at the moment, but if I go into halls I will end up in Beechcroft since I can't afford the others :biggrin:

Is there a facebook group, or would anyone be interested in making one for NUA students/applicants?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joetayy
Hi, I'm Joe I recently had an interview and received a conditional offer for Games Art and Design. I loved the vibe of Norwich, all the students at NUA (even the ones just at their interview) all seemed excited to be there. I'm looking into the accommodation at the moment, but if I go into halls I will end up in Beechcroft since I can't afford the others :biggrin:

Is there a facebook group, or would anyone be interested in making one for NUA students/applicants?

Yeah, I would love a Facebook group ahahah

And well, what's different about Falmouth? I think is just the atmosphere, how cute the place, the uni and the people are, the connection with other universities from all over the world (you can attend second year studying abroad in places like Helsinki, Rotterdam or even New York), and 95% of the graduates find a job after graduation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I'd be up for a Facebook group :biggrin:

God I have no idea about other unis at all haha. I think before going to an NUA open day I'd only been to Bournemouth, Bristol and Gloucester and the last 2 were way too crowded and weren't really my kind of thing haha. Falmouth does sound like a really nice place though!
Reply 15
If you want to add me on Facebook and we can make a group:
https://www.facebook.com/joe.r.taylor2

I'm currently deciding between NUA and Huddersfield uni myself, NUA has more of a town and close-knit community feel whereas Huddersfield has a city town nightlife vibe. I like both but in terms of the distance NUA is 3 hours further away :smile: Might have to go back to see huddersfield again to decide but i've only been to the interview in Norwich I can't make an open day seen as it will take me about 9 hours to travel there and back. Can anyone tell me what they thought if they've been to one as I only met a few students and saw the interview room but yet still loved it just because everyone seemed to have traveled far and wanted to go on the course for a long time there :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kabbles
I'd be up for a Facebook group :biggrin:

God I have no idea about other unis at all haha. I think before going to an NUA open day I'd only been to Bournemouth, Bristol and Gloucester and the last 2 were way too crowded and weren't really my kind of thing haha. Falmouth does sound like a really nice place though!

I know, right? Ahahah I'm so unsure, but NUA is still great so I'm really happy that I got accepted!

I'm not really good with creating groups on facebook so I can't help this time ahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Just got an offer from nua for graphic communication !!:dance::dance::dance:

wasn't expecting that at all tbh

I have an interview at Falmouth next week

After hearing about all the good things at Falmouth, Im going to be torn between the 2 if i get an offer there haha
Original post by p.m
Just got an offer from nua for graphic communication !!:dance::dance::dance:

wasn't expecting that at all tbh

I have an interview at Falmouth next week

After hearing about all the good things at Falmouth, Im going to be torn between the 2 if i get an offer there haha

SAME OMGGGGGGGG
I'm so confused, they're both great but I feel like one is better than the other and I don't know which one is which ahahaha
Received offers for Falmouth earlier today so now just have to choose between the two. For photography NUA definitely seems a lot more commercial based than Falmouth and it's Creative Skillset accredited which sounds good, the reputation and facilities at Falmouth are pretty amazing though so I'm really torn between them.:tongue: Plus cornish pasties are yummy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending