The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aforcemajeure
I'm travelling from the Middle East - two interviews just cost me £1500! Like chucking money down a well of limitless hope, but limited funds...

You have my respect! In my experience, chambers don't even appreciate it for the 5 min conveyor belt they put u on. You're in and out the door, in your dry cleaned suit, polished shoes and (in a girl's world) a made up face only for them to judge you quicker than you can say "Yes, your honour..."

Yes, like a busy court list, but at least thats your choice. Interviews for desperadoes are not a choice. They're the means to an end of this process. Good luck to you!
Original post by TimmonaPortella
People who've done this before:

Does anyone know what time of year the Inns (particularly Inner) let you know about scholarships?

I haven't done this before but I've heard it's normally 3-4 weeks. I have my interview today... :redface: Good luck!!
Reply 622
Original post by TimmonaPortella
People who've done this before:

Does anyone know what time of year the Inns (particularly Inner) let you know about scholarships?

I got my scholarship offer from Lincoln's in April - I can't seem to track down the e-mail with the exact date though, sorry!

And for those feeling a little despondent with the whole process - keep the faith! If you are getting second rounds then that is a strong indication that you are good enough. It really is a question of when, not if - and finding that 'fit' with chambers.
Original post by Xanyi
I got my scholarship offer from Lincoln's in April - I can't seem to track down the e-mail with the exact date though, sorry!

And for those feeling a little despondent with the whole process - keep the faith! If you are getting second rounds then that is a strong indication that you are good enough. It really is a question of when, not if - and finding that 'fit' with chambers.

Original post by wannabeebar
I haven't done this before but I've heard it's normally 3-4 weeks. I have my interview today... :redface: Good luck!!

Thanks guys, just rough timeframes were what I was looking for :smile:
Did anyone else attend the ULAW BPTC Assessment day? Do you know when we can expect to hear back about the Advocacy Scholarship?
Original post by Murphy39
Did anyone else attend the ULAW BPTC Assessment day? Do you know when we can expect to hear back about the Advocacy Scholarship?

Yes and no idea, though I would also like to know. Anyone?
Original post by pupillageseeker1
I got the news that I have pupillage at 2 Dr Johnson Buildings! I am so shocked and surprised!
Just honestly everyone you can do it because it took me so many interviews to succeed and I never thought this day would come and it has!
So thanks for all the useful tips and sharing in the process.
Good luck everyone
xoxo

Congrats! Posts like this are what give everyone else on here hope :smile:
Anyone heard from College Chambers yet???
Original post by maximus999
Anyone heard from College Chambers yet???

Nope. Were you Tuesday or Wednesday assessment day? They did say decisions would be made at the AGM on Thursday eve. I reckon the lucky one knows by now.
Would still like to be told either way...
Original post by LadyLaw23
Yes and no idea, though I would also like to know. Anyone?

I think they said the 3 March in the opening information talk!
Original post by Aforcemajeure
I think they said the 3 March in the opening information talk!

Thanks, I hope that's right :smile:
Congrats! Posts like this are what give everyone else on here hope :smile:

aw, thanks so much- that's so sweet! sounds like you're doing amazing! honestly best of luck
Original post by pupillageseeker1
aw, thanks so much- that's so sweet! sounds like you're doing amazing! honestly best of luck

No problem and thank you, though I'd say doing better than I expected at best, but still a looong way to go!

On another note, did anyone apply for the BPP scholarships? I just looked at their site and found out the deadlines had all already passed! Considering the ULaw and City dates, a bit early, isn't it? :s-smilie:
No problem and thank you, though I'd say doing better than I expected at best, but still a looong way to go!

On another note, did anyone apply for the BPP scholarships? I just looked at their site and found out the deadlines had all already passed! Considering the ULaw and City dates, a bit early, isn't it? :s-smilie:

Ah I didn't apply either, and I applied to two of their centres :laugh:

I applied for their excellence award and interviewed for it on Monday. I was surprised how early the application was due although I think it's maybe been done at this time so people know if they have got one before accepting a course offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 636
Hi guys - anything on:

9 St. John's street?
43 temple row?
Westminster law?
7BR?
BC Legal?
Original post by Tiny92
Hi guys - anything on:

9 St. John's street?
43 temple row?
Westminster law?
7BR?
BC Legal?

I'm waiting on BC Legal & have not heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hogarth rejections out by email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab
Hogarth rejections out by email

No surprise given that according to Pupillage Gateway they are not even offering a pupillage this year...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending