The Student Room Group

What are your slightly unrealistic goals in life?

Scroll to see replies

For my hair to go back to being as platinum blonde as it was when I was 5
For my hair to magically turn ginger naturally so I could save time and money on dyeing it

Posted from TSR Mobile
star in a quentin tarantino film
Get a good Bachelor's degree. Which shoud be possible.

And then become a radio host or station manager. Which is a lot less likely ...
Probably wanting to study medicine. Thinking of a complete change in career paths and its the scariest thing.
Original post by Kates David
Bisol:

You can only be genuinely successful/happy in this world if your wants include other`s needs - Do you want to own those kids, like a psychopath, or conversely, do you want those kids to own you/is that about genuine love? Money alone has never made anybody rich, for your spirit has to travel with it. ,

Cat

Have you achieved this through copying those gone before you, or conversely, does the area of your success begin with you?

The biggest problem for self expression is that everybody is only programmed to copy/except the already excepted, or not as the case may be, but only rarely to take the mind beyond. Perhaps it`s our desperation to conform?

I think you meant accept, as opposed to except, okay kates? xx
Original post by Dinasaurus
What are everyone's like, somewhat unlikely goals in life? They can range from just optimistic to far-fetched. What do you plan to achieve in this life time.

My first goal would be to get to and finish a uni degree, not too crazy I guess.

I'd also like to be an example on the wikipedia page about my people and make my family name known.

My main goal now is to complete me ba degree, in three months time. After that i would like to complete a masters and a doctorate, and not get a divorce whilst doing this?!?
Original post by john2054
My main goal now is to complete me ba degree, in three months time. After that i would like to complete a masters and a doctorate, and not get a divorce whilst doing this?!?

Bisoli

I did misspell, so what is your point????? And no, I`m not impressed with your ability for being a slow computer, and it is no more significant than a lottery win, it`s luck! My, and not "me", "ba" ? What have you produced which has not merely been stolen from those before you/ Do YOU actually wholly even exist, or do you take snippets of genuine thinkers minds to call them your own? Sociology as a subject is negative in a training for social work/it is less than no information at all.. Social work only begins to work well when it is focused upon individuals and not social groupings. I`m never impressed by qualifications, only ever by a persons ability for free thought/original thinking. Infinitely more important than all of this is an individuals character..I`m only too aware of those traits to be looked for in an individual that is arrogant. Misspellings generally find them out!
(edited 8 years ago)
Getting a decent nights sleep when I have neighbours who think it's acceptable to STILL be partying at 8am. **** those guys, and **** anyone who does stuff like that. Scum.
Reply 310
Self studying A-level maths at home for one year then sitting all 6 exams obtaining a minimum grade C despite having grade C at GCSE...
Totally unrealistic goals, eh?

Have a girlfriend and an active social life.
Original post by alisiabevan
travel the world

Did you get this of off www.lifegoalgenerator.com?
Original post by abcd95
Self studying A-level maths at home for one year then sitting all 6 exams obtaining a minimum grade C despite having grade C at GCSE...

Well you may try at least...
Original post by HarunH1
have 948932498032 dogs and cats

What breed?
What proportion of cats to dogs?
Original post by ThatIzziGirl
To be an successfully working actor. Such a tough industry!💪🏼

Not if you can actually act...
Lads, Imma be hatin'.
Original post by Username002
What breed?
What proportion of cats to dogs?

huskies
german shephards
labradors
golden retrievers

ginger tabbys
black and white tabbys
russian blues
bengal cats
white british shorthair

and the dog to cat ratio will be 3:2
Original post by HarunH1
huskies
german shephards
labradors
golden retrievers

ginger tabbys
black and white tabbys
russian blues
bengal cats
white british shorthair

and the dog to cat ratio will be 3:2

That's 56935949880 dogs and 37957299920 cats
The average mass of a cat according to google is "3.6 4.5 kg" The average weight of a German Shepard is 35kg of a Labrador is 33 kg and of a golden retriever is about 31 kg.
Taking the average of the mass of these dogs is 33kg
Taking the average of the cats is about 4 kg
56935949880*33 + 3795729992*4= 135381036400kg
That's alot of mass...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kates David
Bisoli

I did misspell, so what is your point????? And no, I`m not impressed with your ability for being a slow computer, and it is no more significant than a lottery win, it`s luck! My, and not "me", "ba" ? What have you produced which has not merely been stolen from those before you/ Do YOU actually wholly even exist, or do you take snippets of genuine thinkers minds to call them your own? Sociology as a subject is negative in a training for social work/it is less than no information at all.. Social work only begins to work well when it is focused upon individuals and not social groupings. I`m never impressed by qualifications, only ever by a persons ability for free thought/original thinking. Infinitely more important than all of this is an individuals character..I`m only too aware of those traits to be looked for in an individual that is arrogant. Misspellings generally find them out!

Is that so?

ps sociology is not the same as social work, i have never said i wanted to go in to social work so what gave you that idea? It's liek the difference between maths and engineering, there IS some cross over at a higher level.

I suggest you read sassure, bourdieu, habermas and gramsci on linguistics, habitus, the lifeworld and hegemony for a start. Also postmodernism. I'm sorry if this post goes WAYY over your head, but i'm in the middle of writing a dissertation, and quite frankly i don't have time to go in to every comment i get like this on tsr, okay?!?!

Quick Reply

Latest