The Student Room Group

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
This.

I used to know a Lebanese kid when I was in Saudi Arabia and he stopped coming to school for quite a long time after visiting Lebanon and, when he came back, his father had to carry him on his shoulders for months because he couldn't walk. He'd told us that his mother had been killed by a direct hit from a rocket, which seemed pretty odd to me.

I didn't particularly like him and I was very sheltered from all the politics then, so I didn't make too much of this at the time but it was only later when I came back to the UK and started to get educated about these things that I made the link with the 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon and realised that it roughly coincided with his absence from school. It did make me appreciate, after a period of being very pro-Israel, that there are legitimate personal reasons why some people hate Israel, quite apart from anti-Semitism. :smile:

Reading that made me really sad :frown:
I was living in Leb during that time and it was awful.
Original post by Polysexual Nymph
I understand. My apologies for the confusion.

Cato is inclined to view things in a certain way (/through a certain lens), and is rather arrogant in his beliefs, but he's not an idiot - I'm sure he has come to realise that your posts are not indicative of racism and are the perfectly reasonable consequence of your experiences.

Perhaps^^
Original post by queen-bee
Oh shut up already with your racist garbage

Original post by Foo.mp3
Please see bolded text. Those were omitted as they were likely taken on private/exclusive property e.g. shopping arcade/restaurant :yy:

Original post by childofthesun
Yeah, Israel was definitely trying to help us when they bombed my home village,killing my relatives and friends.

Ofc, any criticism of Israel is antisemitic :rolleyes:

Original post by Hydeman
:lolwut:

Most countries have problems with letting their citizens hold the citizenship of even one other country. How have you managed to end up with four countries that are okay with this arrangement? :tongue:

Original post by Jetboy
It's funny how people seek nuance when it isn't there but then expect the whole of the western side of the planet to have moral consistency. If I pointed out the hypocrisies of eastern dictatorships we would be here all day. When Middle Eastern countries start taking in the refugees on their dorrstop I will listen to your lecture about moral inconsistencies.

Europe has many failings but it has opened the borders to millions. How many have Kuwait let in? The UAE? Qatar? These are the so-called moderate states by the way. I am sure many of their population would like to take in a percentage of genuine refugees but it is the liberal democracies that are actually doing it.

Original post by Polysexual Nymph
he is saying your racism is derived from the inconsistency in how you view syria's occupation of lebanon and israel's occupation - implying that it is because one is arab and the other is jewish that you view them differently.

but as this inconsistency can be explained by israel being directly responsible for the deaths of your family members (and syria not) then his point is evidently moot.

In other news, students may need to learn about Islamic civilisation, Mayan culture or Benin in West Africa but they need not study British kings and queens. WOW!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/648075/Schools-teach-Islamic-history-ignore-British
Original post by Hydeman
Wanna rephrase that? :mmm:

(Sorry for the late commentary -- I'm only just reading your spat with Cato.)

That's why his little ass is so salty Coz he's not getting attention from middle eastern girls with that ugly ass racist personality
Original post by Audrey18
In other news, students may need to learn about Islamic civilisation, Mayan culture or Benin in West Africa but they need not study British kings and queens. WOW!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/648075/Schools-teach-Islamic-history-ignore-British

Take that up with the prime minister
Original post by BaconandSauce
People make their own decisions animals don't.

But yes this is a sign of superior western secular liberalism humanism.

But tell us what would you have done to them?

So other countries do not possess this superior secular liberalism complex? #whitesuperioritycomplex
Original post by Foo.mp3
Please see bolded text. Those were omitted as they were likely taken on private/exclusive property e.g. shopping arcade/restaurant :yy:

See how pretty our girls are.
My mother has never suffered misogyny

That's because she was born in Germany
So other countries do not possess this superior secular liberalism complex? #whitesuperioritycomplex

Perhaps you could name some of them for us
That's because she was born in Germany

So? Surely if Arabian culture is so oppressive,she would've been forced into an arrange marriage instead of choosing to marry a Swiss Italian gynaecologist?
Perhaps you could name some of them for us

There so many kids like you on here who look down on other countries because they're not part of the west and inferior and white. Drop the BS attitude. We are all equal
There so many kids like you on here who look down on other countries because they're not part of the west

Says the half German Half Italian:biggrin:

But I'll not be lectured on morally by the likes of you.
So? Surely if Arabian culture is so oppressive

Then why did you grandmother pack her bags and go looking for a new life in the west then if it was all so great?
We are all equal

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" :cool:
George Orwell, Animal Farm
Says the half German Half Italian:biggrin:

But I'll not be lectured on morally by the likes of you.

Hahahahah I'm not half German. I'm half English half Italian remember :wink: my mother was the German
Original post by admonit
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" :cool:
George Orwell, Animal Farm

Lol the Israel government thinks along those lines when it comes to killing innocent Arabs
Then why did you grandmother pack her bags and go looking for a new life in the west then if it was all so great?

There was no war in Syria,it was peaceful and such a popular tourist destination. So many westerners used to live in Syria because they were so in love with the countries beauty and culture/history. My grandmother wanted a change of scenery I guess. She had married an engineer,we are from a wealthy and middle class background so money was never an issue to begin with.
Hahahahah I'm not half German. I'm half English half Italian remember :wink: my mother was the German

If your mother was German and your farther Italian that makes you half of each and as I said I'll not be lectured by either when it comes to morality
(edited 8 years ago)
My grandmother wanted a change of scenery I guess.

So in other words you don't know why they abandoned their culture.

Ever thought of asking them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending