The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Great thanks! That really helps :smile:
Have you guys learnt about the role of endogenous pacemakers in the regulation of the menstrual cycle? We only got taught it in relation to the sleep-wake cycle, however I was wanting to learn it to add more content. The problem is I don't really understand the studies I have found that apparently link in!
Original post by A-LJLB
Have you guys learnt about the role of endogenous pacemakers in the regulation of the menstrual cycle? We only got taught it in relation to the sleep-wake cycle, however I was wanting to learn it to add more content. The problem is I don't really understand the studies I have found that apparently link in!

we were taught about the SCN etc for sleep wake cycle and also the hormones in the menstrual cycle. Then evaluated it by saying how it could be entrained by exogenous zeitgebers.
Original post by wabbit998
we were taught about the SCN etc for sleep wake cycle and also the hormones in the menstrual cycle. Then evaluated it by saying how it could be entrained by exogenous zeitgebers.

Yeah you see this one is purely on endogenous pacemakers, and I struggled to find research but due to not learning it don't really understand it well enough to evaluate it. IDA points are a problem too
Reply 24
Im am struggling when it comes to getting marked for Evaluation, does anyone have techniques to help?
Hello, I have just received my PSYA4 mock back and was wondering if anyone would mind marking this (8+16) marker on one biological and one psychological therapy of schizophrenia. I'm interested to see what others would give it. I'm happy to mark anyone's essays for them in return too!
Reply 26
AS Grade: A
A2 Predicted Grade: A

Unit 3: Aggression (done), Relationships (current) and Gender
Unit 4: Depression (done) and Media (done and I hate it)
Any advice on OCD explanations?

Is this for OCD? Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 30
Need help with A02 for Aggression, Sleep & Relationships :frown:
Original post by laurenmfox
Is this for OCD? Thanks for your help :smile:

No, just for AQA A2 Psychology in general. :smile:
Original post by xabsx
AS Grade: A
A2 Predicted Grade: A

Unit 3: Aggression (done), Relationships (current) and Gender
Unit 4: Depression (done) and Media (done and I hate it)

Do you mean class has done or.youve revised those topics? If the latter very impressive
Unit 3: Sleep, Perception and Aggression
Unit 4: Schizophrenia, Addiction and Research Methods

Also retaking PSYA1 from last year to try boost my grade, anyone else doing the same?
Original post by phleebling

Also retaking PSYA1 from last year to try boost my grade, anyone else doing the same?

I'm doing the same topics as you apart from Perception, I'm doing Gender (possibly the most sleep inducing topic).
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm doing the same topics as you apart from Perception, I'm doing Gender (possibly the most sleep inducing topic).

Just be glad that you're not doing perception! That stuff is ridiculously hard to remember!!
Just be glad that you're not doing perception! That stuff is ridiculously hard to remember!!

Haha true, gender isn't particularly difficult just tediously dull! Sleep and bio rhythms is probably the most challenging. Have you started revision yet?
Reply 37

Almost the same, but relationships instead of perception! I'm also retaking PSYA1 to boost my grade :smile:
Reply 38
Hey,

For Unit 3: Relationships, Aggression, Eating Behaviour
For Unit 4: Schizophrenia, Media, Research Methods

We have Schizophrenia and Eating Behaviour left to do,
how about everyone else?

X
Unit 3: Aggression, Perception, Eating Behaviour (Done)
Unit 4: Addiction, Depression, Research Methods ( done addition, started depression and research methods)
:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending