The Student Room Group

Got banned from Amazon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Um isn't that a bit unethical?

So cute.
Why does your brother returns everything? Just curious
Original post by john2054
i also got banned from amazon, only my sellers account however. i can still buy stuff

It won't let me look at my order history though and that's really the only proof of purchase I have.

Original post by s_ahmed2
Keep trying, I actually sell on amazon and they have a range of problems. However one thing is that their support team is very unpredictable, one person says one thing and the other says the opposite. It's best to just call them up too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've emailed them so I'm hoping they'll at least listen to my problems but I know someone who got banned and she still can't use it.

Why does your brother returns everything? Just curious

He buys a lot of electronic stuff like computer parts and things. And well the packaging isn't always great so he'll return it all. I've told him Amazon are unreliable to packaging so best to stay away from fragile stuff but he would say that's it's Amazon's problem and he doesn't care cos he can return it anyway. What annoys me even more is that I told him to stop using my account and he continued to because he knows I've been too busy to keep track of my account over the past few months.
(edited 5 years ago)
he continued to because he knows I've been too busy to keep track of my account over the past few months.

Didn't you have a spare minute or two over the last few months in which to change your password?
Original post by morgan8002
Didn't you have a spare minute or two over the last few months in which to change your password?

I changed it last year but he got the password from my mum.
Raas man, Amazon full of ****
It won't let me look at my order history though and that's really the only proof of purchase I have.

You can look through your emails and find your order details from there.
You should not have given them your password, they can set up their own Amazon account and you could link your account with theirs so they can get access to Prime like it says in the link.

http://www.debtroundup.com/share-amazon-prime-account/

Not sure if your account will be reinstated but if it does tell your brother to make his own account.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chikane
You can look through your emails and find your order details from there.
You should not have given them your password, they can set up their own Amazon account and you could link your account with theirs so they can get access to Prime like it says in the link.

http://www.debtroundup.com/share-amazon-prime-account/

Not sure if your account will be reinstated but if it does tell your brother to make his own account.

I'm emailing them at the moment.

The problem is that my brother ordered a motherboard last year and had to return it because Amazon were advertising it as containing stuff that wasn't included in the deliveries. The result was that the same item was sent back 5 times. And the issue recurred with another motherboard. In general, I haven't actually returned many items and a lot of the return requests were made because Amazon packages were not collected from our house so we had to have them re-arranged. My brother only sent something to be returned very recently and in total, only 3 items have actually had to be returned since summer last year which isn't many.

If I get my account back then no way in hell am I letting my brother anywhere near any of my stuff. I have another brother who's never used my account, got his own Prime and everything and then I have this brother who mooches off me all the time because I end up feeling sorry for him.

I'm not actually concerned about Prime. I can just buy it again but I just want my account back.

Thanks for helping me everyone! I was so upset last night and well you guys helped calm me down.
I'm emailing them at the moment.

The problem is that my brother ordered a motherboard last year and had to return it because Amazon were advertising it as containing stuff that wasn't included in the deliveries. The result was that the same item was sent back 5 times. And the issue recurred with another motherboard. In general, I haven't actually returned many items and a lot of the return requests were made because Amazon packages were not collected from our house so we had to have them re-arranged. My brother only sent something to be returned very recently and in total, only 3 items have actually had to be returned since summer last year which isn't many.

If I get my account back then no way in hell am I letting my brother anywhere near any of my stuff. I have another brother who's never used my account, got his own Prime and everything and then I have this brother who mooches off me all the time because I end up feeling sorry for him.

I'm not actually concerned about Prime. I can just buy it again but I just want my account back.

Thanks for helping me everyone! I was so upset last night and well you guys helped calm me down.

You can share your prime account by linking it to 4 family member who have their own accounts and live in the same household so he does not need to go on your account.
Hope you get your account back, i sell on Amazon and Ebay and have been banned from selling fragrances on Ebay as they think its counterfeit even though i have 100% positive feedback and showed all angles of the item and they won't get rid of the ban :rolleyes:
Original post by chikane
You can share your prime account by linking it to 4 family member who have their own accounts and live in the same household so he does not need to go on your account.
Hope you get your account back, i sell on Amazon and Ebay and have been banned from selling fragrances on Ebay as they think its counterfeit even though i have 100% positive feedback and showed all angles of the item and they won't get rid of the ban :rolleyes:

See, I didn't know that. I don't spend much time at home either these days so I haven't been able to keep up with my online accounts. And I stopped returning items on Amazon. My brother requested a return a couple of weeks ago for the first time since November so it's not like a return has been made on every order we've made.

That's really irritating. Is it just fragrances or are you banned from selling anything?
See, I didn't know that. I don't spend much time at home either these days so I haven't been able to keep up with my online accounts. And I stopped returning items on Amazon. My brother requested a return a couple of weeks ago for the first time since November so it's not like a return has been made on every order we've made.

That's really irritating. Is it just fragrances or are you banned from selling anything?

Yes just from fragrance which sucks as i sold a few before on there. I had a brand new Marc Jacobs 'oh lala' perfume and had a message saying i violated their Ebay guideline or something so i made sure to take 10 photos of the box and made sure all the labels were clearly photographed and that it was descriptive and after 10 minutes again it was taken off and they said i have been banned indefinitely.
Very gutted luckily i managed to sell my GHD's on there for a good price as i could have been in trouble if they thought it was not genuine.
Original post by s_ahmed2
They'll have the address in their records, and ip address etc. So I don't think that will be possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give your neighbour's address

Use a proxy
Original post by a noble chance
Give your neighbour's address

Use a proxy

that is breaking the law i hope you realise?
Amazon have said I'm still banned which sucks. But at least they've let me back on until tomorrow afternoon so I can print off invoices for all the expensive orders I've made.
Amazon have said I'm still banned which sucks. But at least they've let me back on until tomorrow afternoon so I can print off invoices for all the expensive orders I've made.

Sorry to hear that, i always used Amazon for textbooks that's it. If you are away from your home alot can you set one up at the uni campus you are in?
If you got banned from Amazon, cant you just shop elsewhere such as Ebay? You made an account, that account was being used to buy stuff. From a business point of view, it doesnt make sense to close that account. Kind of like cutting your cock off because women keep sucking at it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending