The Student Room Group

Who is really frightened of people their love dying?

Do you thinking about it often and does it upset you? I used to cry about it a lot when I was younger. :frown: Now I worry more about the feeling when I find them dead or find out, how I will react to it. :cry::cry2:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I tend to accept that death is just an inevitable part of life.

I don't intend to grieve over lost loved ones, as I know that they would always want me to continue and not let it pull me down.

This may make me sound cold and heartless, but in reality I just don't see the point of feeling sadness over death.
Reply 2
Me too - I honestly don't know what I'm ever going to do without my mum:frown:
I can honestly say I wont cry if any relative dies. My grandad was in hospital dying, and we were all outside, there were some that were crying. Everybody was visibly upset and my mum asked me if i was sad, i replied "a little bit" even though i didnt feel anything.

If anything, i felt bad that i didnt feel bad.
Original post by sumeyyatontus

One of my biggest fear in life tbh
There is no point fearing the inevitable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alfed
Do you thinking about it often and does it upset you? I used to cry about it a lot when I was younger. :frown: Now I worry more about the feeling when I find them dead or find out, how I will react to it. :cry::cry2:

This is a thought that's crossed my mind recently :sadnod: . Whilst I appreciate that death is part of the natural process, I just can't help thinking that it might take years and years for me to get over it and the burden that will place on all of my other relationships in life. I wouldn't ask anyone to selflessly look after me for such a long period of time in such an event - it's not fair :sad:
Yes I did used to be quite scared of it as one of my parents passed when I was quite young but now I don't have as much of a fear as I see it as inevitable (and have been to a few funerals since then) and try to make the most of the time I have with the ones I love.

Original post by Alfed
it is best to enjoy their company while you can. Mothers' Day is this weekend...
Yeah, it's going to be really upsetting when our loved ones dies. However death is just part of life and we have to accept it.
Reply 10
idk it depends who it is and how close i am to them
like there are certain people in my family who... I do love but when they die I wouldn't be heartbroken, sure I'd be sad but I wouldn't be shattered
whereas if it was my mother or a really really close friend I'd be completely devastated
Reply 11
I can't imagine my life without my parents. Worst fear is losing my mum...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alfed

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same situation here but that is life, you have to move on.
Original post by DiddyDec
There is no point fearing the inevitable

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if you were on a plane and it was going to crash you wouldn't have any fear because there would be no point fearing the inevitable.
Original post by Alexion
I tend to accept that death is just an inevitable part of life.

I don't intend to grieve over lost loved ones, as I know that they would always want me to continue and not let it pull me down.

This may make me sound cold and heartless, but in reality I just don't see the point of feeling sadness over death.

PRSOM dude.

I view death as a good thing tbh. They're in a better place.
Reply 16
Original post by greatguy226
So if you were on a plane and it was going to crash you wouldn't have any fear because there would be no point fearing the inevitable.

Exactly. Fear or trepidation and sadness are part of preparing yourself for something. The problem is when you dwell on it and it starts effecting your life. Making it so you don't want to do anything, but think about it all the time. I was like that when my great, great, great auntie died, I didn't feel anything for about two weeks. :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by anonymousm3
PRSOM dude.

True, but they aren't with you. So you miss them and every time you think about them, the things which used to make you smile and be happy, now make you cry and feel sad. :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by sumeyyatontus

I mainly think about my dad dying, rather than my mother.
Original post by anonymousm3
PRSOM dude.

Indeed. This is a pretty **** world to be honest. Whatever follows could only be better...

Quick Reply

Latest