The Student Room Group

What ended your last relationship?

What ended your last relationship? Was it long distance that didn't work, cheating, or did you just grow apart?

What would you do differently in your next relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Ohhhh I don't have the strength to do this but I'm definitely watching this thread :yep: good idea :closedeyes:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
What ended your last relationship? Was it long distance that didn't work, cheating, or did you just grow apart?

Her mother.

Not her mother.
Sprained my wrist
puncture
Reply 5
A trip to the other side of the world

Still don't really know what went wrong there...
Her mum read sexts we'd been sending each other (I think even the ones where we'd made plans to try anal, oops!) and the relationship caused arguments between them from then onwards, so we called it a day.
A lie.

I'll change nothing , I've been honest all the time :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by WoodyMKC
Her mum read sexts we'd been sending each other (I think even the ones where we'd made plans to try anal, oops!) and the relationship caused arguments between them from then onwards, so we called it a day.

Bet that was awkward. Why was her mum reading her texts though?

Mine ended because of distance, we hardly saw each other.
Em we grown apart he lives in England me in Scotland and plus our families meet up every summer so its more awkward
We grew up, and grew apart. It was the young love type, not real love, more like a 'I'm old enough to be in love thus i am' sort of love.
Was many years ago anyway, but it made me wary of falling for someone again, because i wanted it to be real. Fortunately i have real love now :smile:
Original post by keturah
Bet that was awkward. Why was her mum reading her texts though?

Mine ended because of distance, we hardly saw each other.

Cause she's a nosy bint :rofl: Yup, I didn't go and visit again once that information was passed onto me! Still cringing hard at the thought of her probably reading "How's your butthole today, not sore I hope!" and the reply "Just a little, I wanna do it again on Saturday with better lube" :getmecoat:
My performance in the bedroom :frown: wait no

her performance in the bedroom .
Massive distance. It was for the best though, it seemed as if the whole purpose of the relationship was to temporarily numb the pain of loneliness - it was never going to end well anyway!
I grew apart with my ex but we are now friends.
To be honest I'm not sure. We just wanted different things from each other I guess. She had a short temper and was reluctant to divulge her feelings. I was always conflicted about what she wanted and well I guess I learned that too much of something is just as bad as too little.

I'll try to care less where it's necessary (hard part is finding out where without any guidance).
She thought I was too good for her.

The cost of being brilliant at everything I guess.

People just can't keep up. :ahee:
We had been together for over four years and just drifted apart. She had flourished and I had deteriorated. In the end all we had was the memory of love and that obviously isn't enough. I wish her the best :h:
Original post by BurstingBubbles

Me and my ex didn't live that far away from each other but i had flat keys to his place and he knew i was coming to stay for the weekend...
I turned up ,let my self in and all that crap, only to find him screwing another chick in the lounge... was not impressed!

Picked up my stuff, slammed the front door (posting the keys through the letter box behind me) and went back to my parents..Never spoken to him since!
Pretty clean break tbh, all be it a crappy ending.lol

As for next relationship, dont think i'd change what i'd do/look for in a guy.. nor do i have any "regrets" as such about my past relationships. I just keep the good memories and learn from the bad ones or so i like to think x'D
Reply 19
Original post by WoodyMKC

This is why you don't tell her parents anything, some mothers seem to have a vendetta against you from the word go for no reason :rofl::rof:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending