The Student Room Group

Leap Day - Four Years Ago, Four Years From Now

Today is leap day :awesome:

So I thought I'd try out a little game

How were you like four years ago today?

What will it be like for you four years from now?

For me:

Four years ago: I was becoming increasingly depressed in school because I didn't feel like I was fitting in and couldn't connect with many of my friends. I also had many insecurities and my natural tendency to want to do well in exams didn't help because I was only enforcing my 'nerd' image for an upcoming maths exam :frown:
I started to get interested in old Hollywood actors and actresses at that time too, they were (and Audrey still is) a source of inspiration and a way to forget about everything that made me sad

Four years from now: I'll hopefully have graduated (with a first!) from my first choice uni, perhaps with a PhD scholarship to start in the autumn. Who really knows though - I could have sold my virginity or something and be living as an upper class prostitute. I could be made to marry someone by my parents...

Post your own past and future below!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Four years ago - I would have been 19 and been with my bf for about 3 years at that point and living together for a year. I would have just started my biomedical sciences course at college and I had just started dyeing my hair ginger :tongue:

Four years from now - I'll be married to my bf by then, hopefully have a nicer flat or house, have more cats :tongue: , be cured of OCD and panic disorder 100% instead of just treating it, hoping papa will have had his transplant and he will he happy and healthy, finally passed my driving lessons. Generally I just want to be happy and healthy in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll do a shameless bump of this thread in the evening :tongue:
4 years ago I got my mediocre GCSE results and cried over them. I got assured after making this account that I'd be fine to apply for Medicine. I moved out into my apartment and started college which was a big step up. 10 to 2000+ pupils :eek:. I was quite excited about making new friends and thought that my experience at college would be a positive one.

4 years later I'll hopefully be doing my 3rd year of the Natsci degree programme at Cambridge. Hope to have done my first piano diploma but I don't have many predictions for this point. I suppose I might be deciding whether I'll stay for part iii or look for masters programs elsewhere.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul

For me:

Four years ago: I was becoming increasingly depressed in school because I didn't feel like I was fitting in and couldn't connect with many of my friends. I also had many insecurities and my natural tendency to want to do well in exams didn't help because I was only enforcing my 'nerd' image for an upcoming maths exam :frown:
I started to get interested in old Hollywood actors and actresses at that time too, they were (and Audrey still is) a source of inspiration and a way to forget about everything that made me sad

Four years from now: I'll hopefully have graduated (with a first!) from my first choice uni, perhaps with a PhD scholarship to start in the autumn. Who really knows though - I could have sold my virginity or something and be living as an upper class prostitute. I could be made to marry someone by my parents...

This is such a nice little leap year game!

Ohhhh...

Four years ago: I was still at uni back then so I definitely would still have been asleep at this time. I was living with my friend Emma in a really nice (not-so-studenty) house and I do believe there was a big freeze around this time and we could hardly even walk down the road to the shops!

Four years from now: This concept is a bit too scary to think about, I try not to worry about the future too much but I guess I would really love to have bought my own flat by this point and not be renting, I also hope I've managed to go and do some proper travelling within the 4 years as I would love to see Bali, Vietnam and Thailand!
Reply 5
Ooh, I like this one :cute:

4 years ago would be year 9... I don't know what I'd have been doing, I never really had much of a social life at that point :lol:

4 years from now I'll hopefully be in the last year of my EE degree! Wow, that seems a long way off...
4 years ago: Mourning.

4 years from now: Sleeping hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 years ago: Thinking about what GCSEs I should take
4 years from now: Hopefully crying over my dissertation about something in physics
Four years ago: Year 8, Deteriorating mental health, diagnosed with two EDs and Bipolar disorder, pretty **** year tbh. Only good thing was Christmas.

Four years from now: 3rd year of uni, fluent in French and learning Spanish/German, popular online for my photography/something creative, mood episodes more controllable and less of an issue, healthy and hopefully in a band :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul

For me:

Four years ago: I was in year nine so I was starting to become depressed, I had a lot of stuff going on at home and at school. I was being bullied every day from people who I thought were my friends the year before. I hadn't become all that interested in art yet but in a couple of months I would start drawing. My now best friend and I were just starting to get to be friends at this point and later on she would help me get through the hardest 3 years of my life mentally so far.

Four years from now: I hope to be graduated or graduating from university this year with a 2:1 or a first in illustration! I would really like to be working as a book cover designer or book illustrator. I would also love to be planning to move to New York at some point too :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
First year at uni I guess. Probably in a Maths for Physics lecture or something.
(edited 8 years ago)
4 years ago... bear™ only had like 5 green gems :redface:

now... bear™ is loaded with 11 green gems :hubba: :king1:

in 4 years time... bear™ will be heading towards 13 green gems :adore:

:mwuaha:
4 years ago: Did some quality GCSE's, came out with many A*'s, easiest exams I've ever sat in my life and life was all good.

4 years from now: I am a hateful management accountant, hopefully will have moved out and set aside enough money to pursue my true career in being a solver of love probilms :yep:
Original post by the bear
4 years ago... bear™ only had like 5 green gems :redface:

now... bear™ is loaded with 11 green gems :hubba: :king1:

in 4 years time... bear™ will be heading towards 13 green gems :adore:

:mwuaha:

the bear™ factor… are you made of it?

your brand is very memorable
Original post by iEthan
the bear™ factor… are you made of it?

your brand is very memorable

for the bear who doesn't have to try too hard...

:kungfu: POW and iEthan gets 11 reps
4 long year ago I was in year 9 of School. On the day, my sister was to be diagnosed with cancer. Currently, I am in college in my 2nd year. 4 year from now I hope be finishing my cadetship in the merchant navy and about to qualify as an officer of watch.
4 years ago: Had dropped out of uni, moved and got a job as a waitress. Really difficult, anxious and tearful time. Felt quite hopeless.

4 years from now: Married for 3 years, will have an English degree, and hopefully be about to finish nursing training and qualify.
Original post by somemightsay888
4 years ago: Did some quality GCSE's, came out with many A*'s, easiest exams I've ever sat in my life and life was all good.

4 years from now: I am a hateful management accountant, hopefully will have moved out and set aside enough money to pursue my true career in being a solver of love probilms :yep:

Money on way Molvi !

:bhangra:
Original post by the bear
Money on way Molvi !

:bhangra:

Hello :sexface: :turban:
Original post by somemightsay888

How much is a sentence of advice?

Quick Reply

Latest