The Student Room Group

Is my driving instructor acting weird or am i just too uptight

Scroll to see replies

I am I the only one who seriously thinks he did nothing wrong, is it because I'm a male and I don't understand or...??
I don't see what's creepy about that...an adult make asking an adult female out for a drink....seems normal to me...you're at least over 18 right? Sure it's unprofessional, but creepy?

Let's be honest, if you're driving instructor looked like this, you wouldn't be calling him creepy and would have probably taken up his offer of meeting up for a drink right?
Yeah, he's creeping on you. I would change instructors before he makes a move or whatever.
Original post by Lemon Haze
I am I the only one who seriously thinks he did nothing wrong, is it because I'm a male and I don't understand or...??

It's very unprofessional of him to make a move on a student.
Reply 25
Everybody relax ,,,
This is normal adult flirting ...
if the OP is not interested reply no thanks
if he insists then he is a pest, so change the instructor ...
(somebody even said report him to the police .... is that the Mary Whitehouse ghost?)
If you blow him then you will probably end up being a really good driver
Original post by Lemon Haze

It's unprofessional and likely to make a student feel a bit unsafe. I wouldn't like it. Definitely not illegal or something to report to the police though.
Reply 28
Original post by Jedders
I don't see what's creepy about that...an adult make asking an adult female out for a drink....seems normal to me...you're at least over 18 right? Sure it's unprofessional, but creepy?

Let's be honest, if you're driving instructor looked like this, you wouldn't be calling him creepy and would have probably taken up his offer of meeting up for a drink right?

woah this thread sure blew up. i never called him creepy, just wondered if it was either 1. inappropriate behaviour on his part or 2. me overreacting
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by goodvibes
Hi, so I've been taking some driving lessons in London and I've done about 20 hours thus far and am progressing along alright (I can't drive outside of lessons so that's why I am taking so many). Basically, my driving instructor and I communicate via text messages and recently he's saying things like "oh I miss your questions already :smile:" and asking me out for drinks. Not what I expected really as he's in his late 30s and has got two kids. Is this inappropriate behaviour or am I just being too uptight??

If you've had your instructor for a while, I think it's okay for them to treat you to a pint when you pass, but that is the end limit of what is acceptable.

What you've described goes far beyond that. I would change instructors immediately.

Quick Reply

Latest