The Student Room Group

Boyfriend's bad breath..

Xx
(edited 5 years ago)
Get a really bad breath and kiss him... more than 1 day. That will be enough I think! :biggrin:
@carrotstar
(edited 8 years ago)
Ew.

Do you think it's possible that he could be suffering from halitosis? As well as brushing his tongue regularly he should keep mints and gums in his pocket, which will help to freshen his breath regularly.
That's actually disgusting.

Sit down and talk to him and tell him it's not even a laughing matter and there's no reason for him to be so stubborn.

Who would want to walk around with dodgy breath? How does he think people will view him...if he goes to work/talks to strangers/talks to his friends and tries to kiss you everyone will just be repulsed by it.

I beg you talk to him seriously.

I don't know how someone can tell him something like this and he's not prepared to listen? Is he embarrassed or does he just not see it as an issue? Because it is.
Reply 4
Xx
(edited 5 years ago)
It might not be as simple as brushing one's tongue...

Nasal problems that cause build up of snot or sore throats are going to affect your breath. You can't very easily solve them. Nasal polyps are a ****. Or just having an allergic reaction to something... etc etc.
Reply 6
Original post by carrotstar
My boyfriend regularly has bad breath but he won't listen to me to try and fix it..

Anyone who has (or has had) bad breath but brushes their teeth properly will know that it's caused by a build-up of food breaking down on the tongue, and that tongue scrapers and those little rubber things on the back of toothbrush heads are made to help you clean you tongue. I keep asking him to brush his tongue, which I've done for a long time because it's the only thing that works for me, and he'll just go and brush his teeth again or use a mouthwash which doesn't remove all of that disgusting bacteria.. Then 10 minutes later the smell is back!

How do I make him see how stupid he's being over such a small thing? He always thinks he's right and on this one occasion I'd love it if he tried to see my point of view so I'm not repelled when he kisses me!

I'm guessing he has an electric toothbrush.
Spend 10 minutes on the top row and another 10 on the bottom.
Spend quality time on each tooth front and back. :wink: :biggrin:

Gargle with hot salt water.
Use a tongue cleaner and floss.
CB12 mouthwash.

He may have Halitosis. Or he may have tonsil stones.
If he really can't get rid of his bad breath by standard measures then get him to see a doctor/dentist. :wink:
Encourage him to drink more water, dehydration is a common cause of bad breath.
Reply 8
leave this guy l0l
Reply 9
Original post by MeeranB
10 MINUTES FOR EACH ROW?!?

Jesus, I'd feel like I had no enamel left after that ;-;

Haha :tongue:

Trust me it feels amazing. So fresh. :biggrin: :ahee:

Not every day but it is worth giving them a really good clean once a week.

Admittedly it does depend on the brush. My Sonicare is very gentle. Other brushes would be too harsh.

:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest