The Student Room Group

I find it hard to talk to boys - Please help!

Hi!
So I go to a girl's secondary school and have since yr 7 of course. In that time, I haven't spoken to boys outside of my family circle and being in a girl's school, the opposite gender seems kind of foreign and scary to me. I know they're not but you know...

I went to a sixth form college taster day recently and I think it was probably one of the most terrifying days of my life (Well when I first got there anyway).
A girl showed me around, I told her my dilemma and she thankfully understood and when I was introduced to a male it actually wasn't so bad.

However, for some reason I still have that annoying feeling in the back of my mind at the thought of even meeting a boy and I don't know what to do. I have to get over this at some point!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefujisaki
Hi!
So I go to a girl's secondary school and have since yr 7 of course. In that time, I haven't spoken to boys outside of my family circle and being in a girl's school, the opposite gender seems kind of foreign and scary to me. I know they're not but you know...

I went to a sixth form college taster day recently and I think it was probably one of the most terrifying days of my life (Well when I first got there anyway).
A girl showed me around, I told her my dilemma and she thankfully understood and when I was introduced to a male it actually wasn't so bad.

However, for some reason I still have that annoying feeling in the back of my mind at the thought of even meeting a boy and I don't know what to do. I have to get over this at some point!!!

We aren't aliens, we are like girls, but just with different body parts :P

Have confidence honey :smile:

Talk to a boy, like you would a friend.

"What music you like?"

"Did you see the X factor?

"YUCK! ZOOLANDER 2 SUCKED!"

Stuff like that, break the ice.

And you know what? The more you do it, the easier it gets
Hi!

Further proof that women make zero sense...
You are not use to talking to boys. Just talk to boys the same way you talk to females, end of the day we all humans.
Original post by apronedsamurai
We aren't aliens, we are like girls, but just with different body parts :P

Have confidence honey :smile:

Talk to a boy, like you would a friend.

"What music you like?"

"Did you see the X factor?

"YUCK! ZOOLANDER 2 SUCKED!"

Stuff like that, break the ice.

And you know what? The more you do it, the easier it gets

Thank you! :biggrin:
Sorry I didn't mean to make you sound like a different race that wasn't my intention :smile:
Original post by Username002

Except those non human scum, what do you call them? Oh yeah, feminists...

Grow up.

what do you mean?
Original post by Emily babezxx
You are not use to talking to boys. Just talk to boys the same way you talk to females, end of the day we all humans.

Thanks! I don't understand why I didn't think of it that way before :smile:
Except those non human scum, what do you call them? Oh yeah, feminists...

I guess they're better than meninists and feminazis :smile:
feminismˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/nounnoun: feminism

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.synonyms:the women's movement, the feminist movement, women's liberation,female emancipation, women's rights;
post-feminism, womanism;informalwomen's lib"she was a great pioneer of feminism"

(edited 8 years ago)
what do you mean?

There's a theory amongst immature teenage boys that women have no logic to their actions and don't make any sense. Ignore it.
Try talking to me. im a boy, and also bored... i need anything to make me un-bored
Hi!

Just give it some time, you'll find it more than comfortable before you know it. There's not a guy going who doesn't like talking to girls, just say hi and start chatting. You'll get a positive response 95% of the time.
Original post by georgiaswift
Grow up.

Ahahaha, I finally pissed someone off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess they're better than meninists and feminazis :smile:
feminismˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/nounnoun: feminism

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.synonyms:the women's movement, the feminist movement, women's liberation,female emancipation, women's rights;
post-feminism, womanism;informalwomen's lib"she was a great pioneer of feminism"

Right my mistake, should have said feminazis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callum_20011
Try talking to me. im a boy, and also bored... i need anything to make me un-bored

Here's some friendly advice, there are two types of guys to ignore:
********s like me who will just take the piss out of you.
And ****bois like this guy I just quoted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's some friendly advice, there are two types of guys to ignore:
********s like me who will just take the piss out of you.
And ****bois like this guy I just quoted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Duly noted...
Original post by georgiaswift
There's a theory amongst immature teenage boys that women have no logic to their actions and don't make any sense. Ignore it.

Ah I have heard of this theory! Thanks for the tip :smile:
maybe try to talk to more boys online first to get used to it :smile:
Original post by chloe.lwt
maybe try to talk to more boys online first to get used to it :smile:

Good idea but I don't want to get catfished :biggrin:
Reply 19
This is cute. Hehe. Just talk to them the way you talk to your friends or family. I usually don't talk to a stranger male unless they talk to me first. Just don't stress yourself that you should really talk to them whenever you see one. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending