The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebec1
Yeah I got that email, so you think we haven't got an offer from either?

No news is a good news, so they're still considering our application.
Has anyone had an offer from Salford yet?
Is it worth applying for Physiotherapy through extra?

The only thing hindering my application is my PS :frown: Can I change it if I apply through extra by sending the uni an improved one?
Original post by Jasminem97
Is it worth applying for Physiotherapy through extra?

The only thing hindering my application is my PS :frown: Can I change it if I apply through extra by sending the uni an improved one?

You need to email the uni and ask if they'll accept a different personal statement
Original post by jmcwitch
You need to email the uni and ask if they'll accept a different personal statement

ok cool thanks,
Can I apply for a completely different degree through extra?
Reply 1485
Has anyone had an offer from KCL after jan/Feb interviews yet! The wait is killing me:frown:
Original post by RLWEBB
Has anyone had an offer from KCL after jan/Feb interviews yet! The wait is killing me:frown:

If you don't mind can I DM you about your application (just subjects at A2 and PS key words) as I just got rejected from KCL - They said my grades exceed what they want and my application was good I just didn't meet the competition with my personal statement,

Thanks and good luck, a lot of my family went to KCL and loved it :smile:
Reply 1487
If you don't mind can I DM you about your application (just subjects at A2 and PS key words) as I just got rejected from KCL - They said my grades exceed what they want and my application was good I just didn't meet the competition with my personal statement,

Thanks and good luck, a lot of my family went to KCL and loved it :smile:

Yeah of course!!! Aw no way, I doubt I'll get an offer but it was good to see London for the day haha!xxx thank you!!x
ok cool thanks,
Can I apply for a completely different degree through extra?

Hi there :smile: just thought I'd chip in to reassure you, things have probably changed a lot since 2011 when I did my first degree .. But back then I applied to one course got rejected from all but one (which I'd decided I didn't want to go to) so I applied to a completely different course through extra. I contacted the uni directly who asked me a few questions over the phone then asked me to email a copy of a new personal statement directly to that courses admissions tutor. Then in about 5 days I received an offer. Understandably as they were aware it was a last minute decision the conditions were slightly higher than stated on the course requirements but I met them and got in :smile: then went to uni and had the best 3 years ever haha! So not to worry. However I should probably have thought more about my future at the time hence why I'm now applying to Physio 2 years on but hey!
Got my third rejection today, which was from University of East Anglia. I wasn't expecting anything else beens it's now been over 4 months since I sent my application off. Thats 3 rejections, 1 offer from Hertfordshire and still waiting on Nottingham! (post-interview)

130 days and counting!
Original post by Oliver_1_2
Got my third rejection today, which was from University of East Anglia. I wasn't expecting anything else beens it's now been over 4 months since I sent my application off. Thats 3 rejections, 1 offer from Hertfordshire and still waiting on Nottingham! (post-interview)

130 days and counting!

Well done on your offer. It's super competitive - one offer is all you need to become a physio. :smile:
Reply 1491
Is it true that if you get an NHS bursary your student maintenance loan is seriously reduced?
Original post by Gem_R
Is it true that if you get an NHS bursary your student maintenance loan is seriously reduced?

Mine appears to be
Anyone waiting for Cardiff offers? Had interview on 16th, also had Nottingham on 25th so it is probably too soon to expect something from them!
Reply 1494
Original post by nerdkoala
Mine appears to be

So does mine, mine won't even cover my acommodation fees
Original post by msiapt
No news is a good news, so they're still considering our application.

I'm still waiting to hear from Sheffield Hallam and I am just thinking that no news is good news for now :smile: I am applying as a gap year student so wondered if they were waiting to interview gap year/older applicants already with the grades on a different occaision. That or I'm just in the maybe pile :smile:
Original post by Gem_R
So does mine, mine won't even cover my acommodation fees

Same
Original post by sarah_hhhh
Anyone waiting for Cardiff offers? Had interview on 16th, also had Nottingham on 25th so it is probably too soon to expect something from them!

16th and 25th of what month?
Hey guys, just got an interview at MMU. Anyone got any tips? Already had interviews, just wanna know if it's individual, group or both! Cheers
Reply 1499
Original post by dwgwilliams
Is any one attending the Offer Holders Day at Keele on the 5th of March?

Yes I will be popping in ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending