The Student Room Group

Have you ever thought about giving blood?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fr0sr_
Haven't donated blood, nor considered it.
I'm Hemophobic, so it's not such a good idea to willingly put myself in that position.

Hey! :h:

This is completely understandable, OP! Would you object to organ donation too? :holmes:
Reply 281
Original post by super_kawaii
I grew up down south and everyone was nasty, never experienced such nastiness during my time at uni in Sheffield.

It's exactly the same up north, except the only difference is it's actually affordable.

Japan is much more affordable and I'd be able to raise any children I have at least bilingual, which you can't even do in London due to how segregated ethnicities are there and the poor quality of education in the UK

Hmm I was born in Nederland *__* moved here when I was in year 4 but I found it accepting. People are used to living to people that are different to them. I feel like London is very accepting of people's differences, very welcoming :smile: People may be antisocial but they don't judge and they'll help you if you need - sorry your experience wasn't great :frown:

Most people I know are bilingual! I speak Arabic and English and I've only visited an Arabic speaking country once for like 2 months x'D I know people who speak 3 or 4 languages! People mix well, you see friendship groups with kids of all ethnicities in them and they get along fine :smile:

But yeah I guess it depends on the person and their experiences :tongue:
Original post by iEthan
Hey! :h:This is completely understandable, OP! Would you object to organ donation too? :holmes:

Hopefully it'll go with time. - It's so severe that when watching "Pacific Rim" I almost passed out. It only had a few nosebleeds in it FFS :biggrin:

Probably would object to Organ Donation too, I can't say I like the idea of being "shelled" when I'm dead.
I understand that I'm not taking any of it with me, as IMO we go nowhere when we die - but merely the concept puts me off.

Maybe that view will change as I grow older, who knows!
Original post by z33
Hmm I was born in Nederland *__* moved here when I was in year 4 but I found it accepting. People are used to living to people that are different to them. I feel like London is very accepting of people's differences, very welcoming :smile: People may be antisocial but they don't judge and they'll help you if you need - sorry your experience wasn't great :frown:

Most people I know are bilingual! I speak Arabic and English and I've only visited an Arabic speaking country once for like 2 months x'D I know people who speak 3 or 4 languages! People mix well, you see friendship groups with kids of all ethnicities in them and they get along fine :smile:

But yeah I guess it depends on the person and their experiences :tongue:

Growing up in the south, the people there are the snobbiest, most judgemental people you'll ever meet! Leave London for the north and you'll realise just how horrible they are.

I'm now pentalingual, no thanks to the racial segregation down south. I only plan to learn more living abroad.
Reply 284
Growing up in the south, the people there are the snobbiest, most judgemental people you'll ever meet! Leave London for the north and you'll realise just how horrible they are.

I'm now pentalingual, no thanks to the racial segregation down south. I only plan to learn more living abroad.

Really? Might go to uni up there :tongue: Was considering Manchester

:eek: ! Awesome! What languages do you speak :tongue:? I hope to learn Spanish one day *__*
Original post by z33
Really? Might go to uni up there :tongue: Was considering Manchester

:eek: ! Awesome! What languages do you speak :tongue:? I hope to learn Spanish one day *__*

I'm a native English speaker but can also speak French, German, Mandarin and Japanese. I'm hoping to add at least Spanish and Cantonese to that list.

Definitely look at Manchester-it's so worth leaving London if you don't want to remain ignorant about the country
Reply 286
I'm a native English speaker but can also speak French, German, Mandarin and Japanese. I'm hoping to add at least Spanish and Cantonese to that list.

Definitely look at Manchester-it's so worth leaving London if you don't want to remain ignorant about the country

That's awesome omg! can you read and write mandarin/ japanese?! :eek:

will do :smile:
Original post by z33
That's awesome omg! can you read and write mandarin/ japanese?! :eek:

will do :smile:

Yeah, at Sheffield you're required to read and write in native scripts from your first day in first year. If you don't learn them, you're wasting your time and money
Reply 288
Yeah, at Sheffield you're required to read and write in native scripts from your first day in first year. If you don't learn them, you're wasting your time and money

fair enough, that's awesome that you can do that! #jealous x'D
I might be young, but my organs aren't the best-I suffer from asthma so my lungs don't work at full capacity and I suffer from eczema so noone would ever want my skin

You really are scraping the barrel for excuses aren't you!

You don't have to be in perfect health to donate organs. As a young person you probably would save 5 or 6 lives, should the unfortunate happen, even without your lungs. A substantial proportion of donations come from young people in road traffic accidents.

Two minutes...
Original post by nexttime
You really are scraping the barrel for excuses aren't you!

You don't have to be in perfect health to donate organs. As a young person you probably would save 5 or 6 lives, should the unfortunate happen, even without your lungs. A substantial proportion of donations come from young people in road traffic accidents.

Two minutes...

I generally feel uneasy about it, especially considering my beliefs about the afterlife, but I'm not saying it's not worth doing, because it is
I already donate blood and I am on the organ donor register :tongue:
Original post by Inexorably
I already donate blood and I am on the organ donor register :tongue:

Willing to donate bone marrow? Just to complete the set.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Willing to donate bone marrow? Just to complete the set.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've considered it but I'm a bit uhh about it, as it's quite time consuming to do.

I'd like to donate as a living organ donor in the future next really, I'd just like to be in a healthier state when I do it :tongue:
I generally feel uneasy about it, especially considering my beliefs about the afterlife, but I'm not saying it's not worth doing, because it is

The important question is will you also object to receiving an organ transplant should you need it?
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
The important question is will you also object to receiving an organ transplant should you need it?

Yes I would object, because I have suicidal tendencies :biggrin:

This post made me laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's possibly because you suffer from depression and are ill. If you weren't clinically depressed and you developed acute kidney failure I doubt you'd reject a kidney transplant.
i would like to but can't
i have less blood in my body so it wouldn't b a good choice to give blood :u:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
That's possibly because you suffer from depression and are ill. If you weren't clinically depressed and you developed acute kidney failure I doubt you'd reject a kidney transplant.

Any psychologically stable humans primary directive is self sustainance?
That's an interesting perspective...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest