Reply 20
Original post by samb1234
But potatoes are grown in fields...

:rofl:
By that logic UMS are also grown in fields :wink:
Original post by C0balt
:rofl:
By that logic UMS are also grown in fields :wink:

In all seriousness that wasn't even the hardest question, I'm fairly sure more people got caught out because they didn't know quark compositions that had never been asked before, but there is a much greater potential to make jokes with potatoes.
Reply 22
In all seriousness that wasn't even the hardest question, I'm fairly sure more people got caught out because they didn't know quark compositions that had never been asked before, but there is a much greater potential to make jokes with potatoes.

I got caught out because I didn't read the mA on the graph scale... :cry:
Original post by Euclidean

You're not the only one... Oh well didn't make a difference in the end
Reply 24

This v :rofl:
Original post by Euclidean
Reply 25
I spoke too soon, just flunked a Rotational Dynamics test... :cry:

Does anyone have any resources for the Applied Physics module?
Does anyone have any tips for the Empa paper - we did a practice of last years paper and it was so ridiculous
Unit 5 past paper, the new ones how come there are no mark schemes. For unit 5 section (the one that everyone does)
Reply 28
Original post by ibrahimsow1
Unit 5 past paper, the new ones how come there are no mark schemes. For unit 5 section (the one that everyone does)

You need to look at the start of the mark schemes for the optional modules iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers, I feel extremely dumb.
Reply 30
anybody doing astrophysics for the optional unit?
"4 An electric heater is placed in an insulated container holding 100g of ice at a temperature of -14 degrees C. The heater supplies energy at a rate of 98 joules per second.

4(a) After an interval of 30s, all the ice has reached a temperature of 0 degrees C.Calculate the specific heat capacity of ice."

2100 J per kg per K (from E=mc delta T)"

4(b) Show that the final temperature of the water formed when the heater is left on for a further 500s is about 40 degrees C.
specific heat capacity of water = 4200 J per kg per K
specific latent heat of fusion of water - 3.3 x 10^5 J per kg"

Calculate energy/time to melt ice, then calculate the further change in temperature from the remaining energy/time.

"4(c) The whole procedure is repeated in an uninsulated container in a room at a temperature of 25 degrees C. State and explain whether the final temperature of the water formed would be higher or low that than calculated in part (b)."

Can anyone explain why the answer to 4c) is higher
Reply 32
Original post by boyyo

I am, what's up?
Original post by boyyo

unfortunately yes
Reply 34
Original post by cowie
I am, what's up?

hey, how are you finding it? I've finished it all, but one problem I have is that I dont know how much detail I need to know about the life cycle of stars. The spec is very vague, so I wanted to get some opinions
Reply 35
unfortunately yes

lol, why is it unfortunate??
Original post by boyyo
lol, why is it unfortunate??

I hate telescopes, and just generally think i would much prefer to do something more mathematical like applied physics
Reply 37
I hate telescopes, and just generally think i would much prefer to do something more mathematical like applied physics

Yh telescopes are pretty annoying. Didnt you get to chose what option you wanted to do
Original post by boyyo
Yh telescopes are pretty annoying. Didnt you get to chose what option you wanted to do

No
Checking in. I'm an Astrophysics guy. We finished the course fully and done one ISA. Doing second after Easter break eek :L

Quick Reply

Latest